+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

planbee

Jan 26, 2018
We got the same email. I assumed that it was indeed the AOR! I think next we wait and see if they request anymore information ect, and if all is good the next step will be when they request the medical.
I checked the application status on the CIC website with the Sponsor's UCI and a table there says Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status is In Process.

I tried linking the application to my account - unsuccessfully. The website was quite glitchy, but even when I filled in all the fields diligently, it failed to find my application. For the question What program did you apply for?, should I choose "Work Permit and Extension" instead of "Permanent Residence" since I have applied for both?

Last edited:

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
I checked the application status on the CIC website with the Sponsor's UCI and a table there says Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status is In Process.

I tried linking the application to my account - unsuccessfully. The website was quite glitchy, but even when I filled in all the fields diligently, it failed to find my application. For the question What program did you apply for?, should I choose "Work Permit and Extension" instead of "Permanent Residence" since I have applied for both?

You could try that. I think I remember reading somewhere that it can take up to 72 hours for it to actually be able to link. Not positive but maybe that's the issue. My husband hasn't tried linking his yet, I'll update if it works!

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
Hi,
We have moved in January from the address we stated in the spousal sponsorship application we sent to IRCC on 25th November. We haven't received the AOR yet. Do we need to inform IRCC of this change and submit all the paperwork with the new address now?
Thanks in advance!

sjroi3

Dec 19, 2019
Hi,
We have moved in January from the address we stated in the spousal sponsorship application we sent to IRCC on 25th November. We haven't received the AOR yet. Do we need to inform IRCC of this change and submit all the paperwork with the new address now?
Thanks in advance!
I think you just need to call the IRCC help centre at this number 1-888-242-2100 and tell them you need to change your address.

My husband got locked out of his email and we haven't received AOR yet, but we called and they gave us a temporary application number and had us use the web form to submit the new email address. No idea if it worked though because it says they won't respond if your application processing is within the expected timeframe :/

But we gave them application information in the web form so they should be able to link it with our application once they start processing it! They were able to confirm that they had received ours though!

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
You could try that. I think I remember reading somewhere that it can take up to 72 hours for it to actually be able to link. Not positive but maybe that's the issue. My husband hasn't tried linking his yet, I'll update if it works!

So we tried linking the application to our account and didn't work either. We're going to just wait a day or two and try again.

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
Congrats to all who have recouped theirs! Hoping to hear about ours in another week to two weeks. Has anyone tried this to link their accounts? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

I wish we'd read that before lol. I wasn't aware that the sponsor and PA get different UCIs. We also put "1" in the number of people on the application...I didn't think that counted the sponsor. Thanks for sharing this! We'll give it a try again.

Reactions: Jodilibra

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
We got our AOR today!!!
Congrats to all who received their AOR today. I applied before some of you, yet I haven't received AOR yet. This is starting to make me worried and angry at the same time. It has been trend from IRCC, for few days they won't send much but on Wed, they will send few AOR.

I am at very edge to call and yell them but that can bring negative impact on file. But again where is our AOR?

This really sucks because I was hoping to receive OWP approve by Feb so I dont have to apply for Visitor Record, so there goes another $200. Its not only the money but our time and stress as well. So piss at IRCC.

Last edited:

SKY777

Dec 19, 2019
So we tried linking the application to our account and didn't work either. We're going to just wait a day or two and try again.
When you try to link your account follow these steps:
Use application number and Family name
Passport details (number, issuing and expiry dates)
Number of applicants (including the sponsor, main applicant and children if any in the application)
Where the applicant intend to live in Canada (your answer should match same as in the application)

This is a successful way to link your application to your account. I found it somewhere here and summerized it.
All the best

Reactions: Leah&Jeremy

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
I wish we'd read that before lol. I wasn't aware that the sponsor and PA get different UCIs. We also put "1" in the number of people on the application...I didn't think that counted the sponsor. Thanks for sharing this! We'll give it a try again.
Everything I’ve learned is from these forums and the Reddit page ImmigrationCanada

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Congrats to all who received their AOR today. I applied before some of you, yet I haven't received AOR yet. This is starting to make me worried and angry at the same time. It has been trend from IRCC, for few days they won't send much but on Wed, they will send few AOR.

I am at very edge to call and yell them but that can bring negative impact on file. But again where is our AOR?

This really sucks because I was hoping to receive OWP approve by Feb so I dont have to apply for Visitor Record, so there goes another $200. Its not only the money but our time and stress as well. So piss at IRCC.
Yes I wouldn’t do that, they are just people doing their jobs like everyone else. As long as it wasn’t sent back I’m sure your’re ok. I know the waiting is hard.

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019

Waiting really is hard. I hear you. However, one thing to keep in mind is that they don't go in a clean neat order. It all depends on who gets assigned your file and how fast they are. Some people work faster than others. If you haven't had your application sent back by now then your AOR is most likely coming soon. The waiting game sucks and there is so much of it but there isn't anything out of the ordinary with your timeline yet.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I think you just need to call the IRCC help centre at this number 1-888-242-2100 and tell them you need to change your address.

My husband got locked out of his email and we haven't received AOR yet, but we called and they gave us a temporary application number and had us use the web form to submit the new email address. No idea if it worked though because it says they won't respond if your application processing is within the expected timeframe :/

But we gave them application information in the web form so they should be able to link it with our application once they start processing it! They were able to confirm that they had received ours though!
Good to know. My email account got hacked last week and had to cancel the account (it was the one I gave them for correspondence) so now I guess I have to call them and submit new email via web form. Annoying because it makes the application process more confusing/complicated now.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Ok, this was weird but finally I got my AOR.

So, this is what happened. I called IRCC 2:30pm to inquire how come I have not received AOR yet but since there was long hold, I requested call back in 30 mins. Then in that 30mins I log in to my CIC account to link my wife application (I submitted form that I am her rep). I was able to found her application with proper info (remember I have not receive AOR yet), now as soon as I link her application, within 10mins I receive AOR on my email, however they never call me back that I requested as it was like they knew I was calling about that.

I am not able to find her OWP application yet, anyone from November 2019 inland able to link or no?

Last edited: