+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
In progress for both sides. Sponsor and principal applicant side?
You can order GCMS notes and can send email to your MP for the updates

Shab33

Jun 30, 2021
Hi, do I have to extend my Visitor Visa after 6 month while my sponsorship inside canada is in process? I've applied on 30th April 21 and got my temporary app No on 27th May 21. Hope someone can help me.

Uliot

Jan 28, 2021
Hi uliot..
I just wanted to know did you got any update regarding your file..
Hi Rj saini :)

- No, there is no update regarding our PR application as of today (July 7, 2021). Our PR application was received on Nov. 14, 2019. According to IRCC, they are now finalizing applications received between Dec. 15 and 21, 2019 (one month after ours).

- I have renewed my Open Work Permit, paid $255. It took less than 2 weeks for approval.

- I have applied for my kids' Visitor Records renewal less than 2 weeks ago, paid $200. There is no update on those yet.

- I have contacted my local MP and was assigned a case manager. Three weeks ago I have provided them all the information needed, but have not heard from them since. I have tried to follow up with my case manager, but they are not replying to my emails, nor are they picking up the phone. The MP's manager keeps telling me to keep contacting my case manager. I will continue doing so.

- I called IRCC about one month ago, and the reply is the same: the delay is due to Covid.

- I have not requested GCMS notes yet.

My neighbour family applied for PR under Canadian Experience Class program in April 2021. They got approved in under 3 months. Normal processing times for that program are 6 months, and the IRCC website says that they are now finalizing applications received between Sept. 6 and 12, 2020 (they are being delayed by 4 months). I do not understand that. IRCC is being unfair.

These are all the updates I have for now.

Reactions: Galaxy21

Uliot

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everybody :)

Here is a quick reminder of our situation:
- Nov. 14, 2019 - application received by IRCC.
- Oct. 8 and 9, 2020 - Medical Exam passed, Eligibility passed.
- No updates since then.
- Their reply to my questions always was that everything is ok with the application and that the delay is due to Covid.

So, here is a major update on my case. Today, I finally got to talk to IRCC. Overall, it took me over 4 hours in the last few days to get to an agent.

I was told that our application was approved(!) some time ago, but they had never sent a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) to us. Because it happened during the Covid, IRCC did not have a system in place where the new immigrants would go through a landing process safely (without coming to an office). So, by the time IRCC got the system working, our CoPR had expired. Now, they have to issue a new CoPR, but the agent does not know when it will happen. On top of that, our Medical Exam results expired in February 2021, so we might need to do a new Medical again.

I asked the agent how much longer we should wait for, but they are not at liberty to make any predictions. I also asked whether I should withdraw the application and re-apply under the same program, because I have no idea when to expect a decision (a month, a year, or 10 years). The agent said that in their opinion, it will not be faster, but, of course, I am free to do as I wish.

Also, an agent sent me the following email. (Note that I had not been contacted by IRCC - as per email - and have to wait for them to do so before taking any action).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email.
Protected A
Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Coronavirus - Permanent residence (PR) application approved - Confirmation of PR (CoPR)/PR visa expired
The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.
If we already approved your PR application, your CoPR/PR visa expired, and:
  • IRCC already contacted you:
    • please complete any requests in a timely fashion so that your documents can be re-issued as quickly as possible.
  • You have not yet been contacted:
    • IRCC will send you an email,
      • if you respond and tell us you still want to come to Canada, we’ll tell you what to do next to obtain updated documents,
      • if you don’t respond, we’ll keep your file closed and you’ll have to reapply when you’re ready to come to Canada,
    • to prepare, you should be aware that you will be asked to provide updates about your personal situation and may be asked to undergo a new medical examination, you may also need to provide updated documents,
      • if you need a new medical, we’ll send you new instruction forms to give to the doctor,
    • how long it will take to re-issue documents will depend in part on you, your personal situation, and when you can submit your new documents,
    • once we have all required documents, we will work to process these as quickly as we can, but we are still facing ongoing delays and constraints around the globe due to the pandemic.
If you have already contacted us, please wait for our instructions. To avoid further delays, we ask that you don’t contact us via our Web form or through the processing office email.
For more information on the situation and the latest updates, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:
Thank you,

Agent #****

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this information will be helpful to some of you.

Uliot

Jan 28, 2021
Nothing major for me either. Though, I got some insignificant information from IRCC. I have been calling them a lot lately asking to tell me what is wrong with the application, so that I can fix it. They would not tell me anything in particular, just keep repeating things about Covid. So, I asked my husband (the sponsor) to call IRCC. He hasn't said much to them, just that he is a PR sponsoring his family and asking that same question: What is wrong with the application? Somehow, they've talked to him alright and gave away the following information.

- They told him that everything is alright and asked when one of the children (he is 5) will be back to Canada? Both of our kids never left Canada, so they had to fix that information and put in the correct address for the child.

- They also mentioned that our Medicals have expired, but they have a new policy for that, extending the results.

- They said that one of our local MPs have contacted them on our behalf at the end of June. (The MP never got back to us, though. I guess, my husband who's got the PR has to contact him as well as he is not willing to get back to me).

- And one last thing they told him was that they sent a message to the officer (on July 8) asking about what else should be done from our side in order for the application to move forward, and we should not expect a reply until the end of August. (Yet, the agents kept telling me that they are not allowed to give any timelines for anything).

Keep us posted on your GCMS notes and what they say.

P.S. My husband and I have been together for 17 years now. IRCC knows about us being a couple for the last 14 years. Since we were students in Canada, we were renewing our Study Permits mentioning each other as common-law partners at first, and as husband and wife later on. We have 2 kids together. I wonder if they keep doubting our relationship being true... I am so exhausted from this process.

nov/28/19

Aug 19, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2020
Hey guys,

On my GCMS notes this month writte:

application status: open
application status reason: TFR-workload(re)-distribution.

and before it was:

Application status: open
Application status reason: in progress

I am November 2019 applicant and I got SA on December 2020, PA eligibility & pre-arrival service letter on March 2021 and ever since I got nothing from CIC.
I called them million times and I get the same answers (eveything is done on your application,all the assessments are done it’s just the final decision needs to be made and due to COVID there are delays)

MeetBoparai

Jun 29, 2021
Hello everyone
I just wanna ask if someone got any update on their file? Mine is showing decision made but did not receive anything. Is that take time after its showing online to get email from them.

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
December 2019 applicant with an inland spouse. Everything passed in 2020 except for Criminality, which is in process for over a year now.
I called IRCC before the Afghanistan situation, the call centre lady was very nice, she said it’s a matter of an officer picking up my file and getting it done! Nothing after that lol. I seen people posing strikes in Ontario. They say keep on emailing Justin Trudeau with all our concerns with delays. IRCC is running after bringing new refugees but what about their prior commitments with us? Very unfortunate