+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It is depressing. We are waiting for the oath now almost 4 months, i dont beleive there will be any sign on progress with what’s happening downtown.
I waited 5.5 months for the oath after DM, 9 months after the test. I think these extreme delays at all stages are not justified anymore. They are signs of a system failure. Failure to adapt. Failure to accept the facts. In my home country now you can get your passport in 2 hours, while in Canada it takes > 25 business days after you get your certificate which may take 4 weeks to be received after the oath. That's why I am worried of not getting the passport before my planned/wished for travel. This is ridiculous to be honest. I have tried to understand them, but however I tried, no justification is acceptable. None. We have lives. Celebrations to attend. Parents to visit ... etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omegabyte

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I waited 5.5 months for the oath after DM, 9 months after the test. I think these extreme delays at all stages are not justified anymore. They are signs of a system failure. Failure to adapt. Failure to accept the facts. In my home country now you can get your passport in 2 hours, while in Canada it takes > 25 business days after you get your certificate which may take 4 weeks to be received after the oath. That's why I am worried of not getting the passport before my planned/wished for travel. This is ridiculous to be honest. I have tried to understand them, but however I tried, no justification is acceptable. None. We have lives. Celebrations to attend. Parents to visit ... etc.
This situation is affecting me mentally now. I applied in 2019 , all sections "in progress" still . It is unacceptable what IRCC is doing.

Please see video in this article.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

I know tons and tons of 2021 applicants who already have citizenship and passport in hand. I know somebody who applied in April 2021, and they already have citizenship and passport in hand. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ?!!?!?

New applicants are finishing the process in 6-10 months. While 2020, and 2019 and 2018 applicants are WAITING ENDLESSLY.

Maybe we should make our own protest in ottawa ???????????? It seems the truckers got what they wanted. We should protest also.

Reactions: Omegabyte

TD 2019

Jan 20, 2022
I'm at the same boat ( 2019 application). Finished the test in May 2021 and updated to complete. No other updated till now. Everything in progress. Oath not start.
I called them ten's times my MP called them twice. Submitted ATIP in November 2021 and received it in January 2022 .
AND NOTHING CHANGE.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This situation is affecting me mentally now. I applied in 2019 , all sections "in progress" still . It is unacceptable what IRCC is doing.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

I know tons and tons of 2021 applicants who already have citizenship and passport in hand. I know somebody who applied in April 2021, and they already have citizenship and passport in hand. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ?!!?!?

New applicants are finishing the process in 6-10 months. While 2020, and 2019 and 2018 applicants are WAITING ENDLESSLY.

Maybe we should make our own protest in ottawa ???????????? It seems the truckers got what they wanted. We should protest also.
If you are white Canadian, then by all means protest, and no one will move a thing against you. Otherwise you will be charged with 300 charges for disturbing the peace of Canada if you protest peacefully

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I'm at the same boat ( 2019 application). Finished the test in May 2021 and updated to complete. No other updated till now. Everything in progress. Oath not start.
I called them ten's times my MP called them twice. Submitted ATIP in November 2021 and received it in January 2022 .
AND NOTHING CHANGE.
What your notes say?

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
I need to clarify something. I have different processed dates on the application. ECAS says 30th Jan which is AOR and new status check says AOR 30th Jan but processed on 17th Feb. Which one do you think I fall in?

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
Guys, finally I received Oath invitation yesterday scheduled for Mar 02nd 2022

Here are my latest details:

Family size: 2
Physical Presence: 1255
App. Sent: November 6
App. Delivered: November 12
AOR: Feb 03rd, 2020
Test invitation and Passport scan pages request: Aug 20th, 2021
Passport scanned pages sent on Aug 29th, 2021
Test given on Sep 05th, 2021
Test marked as Completed on Sep 09th 2021
Received Oath update on Citizenship tracker website on Feb 11th 2022
Oath email received on Feb 15th 2022
Oath is schedule date is Mar 02nd 2022

Hope the last step (Receiving the Citizenship Certificate) will go smooth. Fingers crossed

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014

One of the September 2021 Applicant in Vancouver Office received Oath invitation already

• Angry
Reactions: CaBeaver

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

September 29 and October 5, 2019

Does it means that all applications prior to this date range is 100% complete?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Instead of month based thread may be we all 2018/2019 forgotten applicants should create 1 new master thread, might help in observing some pattern

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
How about all 2019 applicants who hasn’t even received citizenship invitation go protest in front of Sean Fraser(immigration minister) office.This is the only way I see we could be heard..