+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
I dunno guys, I'm waiting like many of you but... sigh, I dunno what to think anymore.

It's been 2 years today since I sent out my application.

Sent: November 18, 2019
Application Filed: January 27, 2020
Background Verification: February 20, 2020
Invite for Online Citizenship Test: April 13, 2021
Passed the test: April 21, 2021
Prohibitions, Language Skills, Physical Presence all changed to completed: May 3, 2021

And that's where I'm at, still "in progress", last update set as May 4, 2021. Six months and not a word about the oath ceremony.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I dunno guys, I'm waiting like many of you but... sigh, I dunno what to think anymore.

It's been 2 years today since I sent out my application.

Sent: November 18, 2019
Application Filed: January 27, 2020
Background Verification: February 20, 2020
Invite for Online Citizenship Test: April 13, 2021
Passed the test: April 21, 2021
Prohibitions, Language Skills, Physical Presence all changed to completed: May 3, 2021

And that's where I'm at, still "in progress", last update set as May 4, 2021. Six months and not a word about the oath ceremony.
I have a close timeline, except for the DM. Mine was in August, and nothing since either :(

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Will changing an address from Montreal to Windsor will have any impact on my application? or will it get faster since I will no longer depends on the Montreal office which seems to be the slowest one out of the entire Canada.
I am waiting for the citizenship test.

Well I am on the same situation. Mississauga is a jungle and I requested my file transfer ONE year ago and so far my case is still in Mississauga. I moved to Vancouver a year ago waiting for my citizenship process to be due by now. I sent several requests and one month ago I paid for ATIP and I can only see my request as NOTE.

So far I have no clue where my file is....

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Well I am on the same situation. Mississauga is a jungle and I requested my file transfer ONE year ago and so far my case is still in Mississauga. I moved to Vancouver a year ago waiting for my citizenship process to be due by now. I sent several requests and one month ago I paid for ATIP and I can only see my request as NOTE.

So far I have no clue where my file is....
The notes say your file is with Mississauga or Sydney?

Reactions: Paoloartois

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Thank you Everyone.. I had complained 4 days ago and today I got Oath Invite for Nov 29.
I used this link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Chose the last option
Complaint: An unmet expectation relating to the department's services, performance, or processes
Not sure if this help but as I said, I sent one on 4 days ago and today I got Oath Invite for Nov 29.
Good luck Everyone..

I sent ONE today let's see the RESULTS. ONLY if I knew my PR will expire before my citizenship process I'll definitely REQUEST both at the same time.

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
I'm a Nov 2019 applicant. I just finished taking my Oath on Nov 17, more than 5 months after my Citizenship test in May 2021. All of my criteria changed to Completed status in July, except the Ceremony one. In late October, I sent IRCC an inquiry regarding my nearly expire PR card. Not sure if it is coincident or not, one week after my inquiry, I got the invitation letter to take the Oath. The Online ceremony was about 1 hour in total.
I'm now waiting for the Citizenship certificate.

cit_montreal

Nov 3, 2021
I'm a Nov 2019 applicant. I just finished taking my Oath on Nov 17, more than 5 months after my Citizenship test in May 2021. All of my criteria changed to Completed status in July, except the Ceremony one. In late October, I sent IRCC an inquiry regarding my nearly expire PR card. Not sure if it is coincident or not, one week after my inquiry, I got the invitation letter to take the Oath. The Online ceremony was about 1 hour in total.
I'm now waiting for the Citizenship certificate.
Great news, congratulations! Could you please let us know how long it takes you to receive the certificate? I'm in a bit of a hurry to get it so I can apply for a passport.

Mevin23

Mar 24, 2021
Hi Guys.Very sad news.As some of you may remember we have been scheduled for the oath on 23rd of November(tomorrow).This morning I have received a call and a lady said that it ia cancelled as the security check has not been completed.No emails yet.Has anyone experienced anything like this? Should we still try to take the oath? Please help!

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Great news, congratulations! Could you please let us know how long it takes you to receive the certificate? I'm in a bit of a hurry to get it so I can apply for a passport.
Thank you. I'm still waiting for the certificate. I was told the window is 2-4 weeks. Before and after entering the Ceremony, the IRCC officer asked if I have planned to travel in the next few weeks. I guess, if you need a passport sooner, you can request an urgent processing.

cit_montreal

Nov 3, 2021
Thank you. I'm still waiting for the certificate. I was told the window is 2-4 weeks. Before and after entering the Ceremony, the IRCC officer asked if I have planned to travel in the next few weeks. I guess, if you need a passport sooner, you can request an urgent processing.
Thank you very much for your comment!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys.Very sad news.As some of you may remember we have been scheduled for the oath on 23rd of November(tomorrow).This morning I have received a call and a lady said that it ia cancelled as the security check has not been completed.No emails yet.Has anyone experienced anything like this? Should we still try to take the oath? Please help!
Wow. That's bad on their part. Why would they schedule the oath if the security check is not completed?! :confused: