+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CherryKa

Aug 2, 2014
I think they are making oath ready pool huge so that they can have huge mass oath in-person ceremonies, very soon once they resume regular office work. Doing oaths for 500-600 people a day per office may be possible once in-person services resume. With that speed, they can clear the oath pool pretty quickly. Just we have to wait patiently a bit more. Good luck.
It's exactly what I'm scared of: that they will resume this in-person ceremony thing. I'd hate having to travel to a different town, taking time off work etc. AND in-person ceremonies can be cancelled at a moment's notice whenever there's a COVID outbreak.

Reactions: YBnormal

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I think they are making oath ready pool huge so that they can have huge mass oath in-person ceremonies, very soon once they resume regular office work. Doing oaths for 500-600 people a day per office may be possible once in-person services resume. With that speed, they can clear the oath pool pretty quickly. Just we have to wait patiently a bit more. Good luck.
Why the wait to return to office to take the in-person oath? and what closed space can accommodate 500 people? They can start this now outdoors. Outdoor activities are safer. I suggested multiple times to do it in a park or open stadium. It can be done.

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Do I need to be fully vaccinated to attend this Oath location ?
or do I need to be fully vaccinated to become a citizen ?
this is something for IRCC to consider just to add more delay to the process

Reactions: Omegabyte

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Do I need to be fully vaccinated to attend this Oath location ?
or do I need to be fully vaccinated to become a citizen ?
this is something for IRCC to consider just to add more delay to the process

... I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada...
This is the oath words we are invited to take the oath.

Under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, guaranteed rights to liberty and security of the person cannot be denied except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.
Mandatory vaccines for everyone, regardless of their personal risk factors, age, prior infections, etc., are likely unconstitutional on that measure.

Therefore, we violate the Charter when we swear to abide by the Charter.

Reactions: Omegabyte

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I think they are making oath ready pool huge so that they can have huge mass oath in-person ceremonies, very soon once they resume regular office work.
Why do you think like they are arranging big oath ceremonies? Any news/word?

Reactions: CaBeaver

RubyAnu

Mar 23, 2015
HI all,

My background verification tab was showing compled on Jan 2021, but suddenly now it's again showing updated on Aug 31 2021 as in progress.
Can anyone help me to understand what's might be the reason?
Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No, just assumption/guess based on recent ATIP document, because they have completed around 61K tests in last 4 to 5 months.
With afgan focus in every response from all teams(webform, call center, offices not issuing DMs/Oaths in certain offices etc), not very bright chance for in-person massive oath.

Test invites are issued before afgan focus and also its an online thing that can be done just by the candidate without the help of anyone else. Arranging oath is a whole new task that has lot many dependencies.
Even before afgan focus, they never matched the oath seats with the online test invites. The difference between dm/oath is becoming widening more, each month passes by, in the last few months which shows that they were/are not having any target in mind to complete oath with the same numbers as Test invited. So after afgan focus, its all up in the air 100% on what they are planning to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: canvisa13

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I wonder why Ontario offices are the fastest? Alberta and Quebec are very slow. BC seems to be mildly slow. What affects the speed? :rolleyes: mood, culture, management? :confused: Ontario probably has the largest number of applications. Maybe that's where the focus, and the rest are just marginal to them

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I wonder why Ontario offices are the fastest? Alberta and Quebec are very slow. BC seems to be mildly slow. What affects the speed? :rolleyes: mood, culture, management? :confused: Ontario probably has the largest number of applications. Maybe that's where the focus, and the rest are just marginal to them
Ontario has people that actually wanna work . Quebec the name says it , dont wanna even comment on it. I have seen the IRCC officers at Montreal when i went for my test , they are llazy. I dont know who made them IRCC officers.

Reactions: CaBeaver

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
With afgan focus in every response from all teams(webform, call center, offices not issuing DMs/Oaths in certain offices etc), not very bright chance for in-person massive oath.

Test invites are issued before afgan focus and also its an online thing that can be done just by the candidate without the help of anyone else. Arranging oath is a whole new task that has lot many dependencies.
Even before afgan focus, they never matched the oath seats with the online test invites. The difference between dm/oath is becoming widening more, each month passes by, in the last few months which shows that they were/are not having any target in mind to complete oath with the same numbers as Test invited. So after afgan focus, its all up in the air 100% on what they are planning to do.
The situation has gone out of their control, im sure by now they realized how incompetent and idiots they are. Due to novel coronavirus and Afghan situation is just a reason to hide. Now even ATIP is not responding to my mails.

RubyAnu

Mar 23, 2015
HI all,

My background verification was completed in Jan 2020, and I have given my test in April 2021 and passed. Citizenship test is also showing completed and yesterday I received an email to complete FP. Is this normal? Background verification changed to in progress now. Please let me know if anyone know what's going on and if it's normal to get FP request after giving test.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
HI all,

My background verification was completed in Jan 2020, and I have given my test in April 2021 and passed. Citizenship test is also showing completed and yesterday I received an email to complete FP. Is this normal? Background verification changed to in progress now. Please let me know if anyone know what's going on and if it's normal to get FP request after giving test.

Thanks
Yes, it is normal to get a second FP request anytime before a decision is made on your application. Your previous criminality clearance obtained on the basis of your fingerprints might have expired (or might be close to expiry) so IRCC might want to get a new criminality clearance from RCMP.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I saw that my Citizenship test has been scheduled in this month in the online tracker but I didn't get any email from IRCC. Any idea when I can receive that email?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I saw that my Citizenship test has been scheduled in this month in the online tracker but I didn't get any email from IRCC. Any idea when I can receive that email?
Email will come as close as 2 days before the start date. Dont wait for the email.
Start preparing. Give the test within that 3 weeks(even if you dont get email https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html).