+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Hello, all !

I can not believe it ... After a physical test canceled around March-April 2020 because of this pandemic calamity, I just ,BY CHANCE DURING A ROUTINE CHECK, realized that the situation was updated in the tracker, on the 14th of this month ...

This tells me that I am invited to take an online citizenship test at the end of July, with a deadline of 3 weeks to do so.

I can't believe it, I feel like living again ...

Btw, something bothers me:

How come the new tracker tool tells me this, but I haven't received any email invitations yet? Is this normal, the tracker often precedes the invitation email?

Thanks for your clarifications !

Oh, and do you have any sites to prepare us for the test?

I mainly use this one:

http://www.devienscitoyen.ca/quiz
* english version of the same website :
http://www.citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz

Is it good enought ? Are the questions asked like the official tests?

Thanks again.

... I am so happy !
Congratulations! The light at the end of the tunnel

Rafi33

Jan 18, 2020
There is a new update on cic web page saying that you can take the citizenship test even if you are outside Canada

johnnybulldog

Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2016
Applied: Nov 2019
In Process: Feb 2020
Background verification: Complete
Language, Presence, Prohibitions: In progress

It's been a long time and no updates. Anybody in the same situation? Any way I can check if my case is in the limbo?

Lov85

Jun 22, 2021

It's been a long time and no updates. Anybody in the same situation? Any way I can check if my case is in the limbo?
U r not alone there’s 1000s of people in same situation. U can call them or apply gcms notes for further details. By the way I’m july 2019 applicant nd still waiting

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
I think we have to stop paying taxes to the government, unless they atleast keep informing us about the status of the application. Once we stop paying taxes, then they will come behind us, until that time I don't think no one is looking at canadavisa forums and what we discuss here. My application has been pending in status "Ceremony to be done" from Jan 27 2021. There is no new on what is happening in the Montreal IRCC office, I have sent mails to MP office to check the status and the same answer came back. I was communicating with the Deputy of the MP and he was saying it is noting pending from my end. I think the next step is knock the door of the PM and finally, I think refuse to pay the tax, that time.. everyone will automatically turn to us

Any updates from anyone in Montreal office about citizenship?

@Lumiere any news for you from IRCC? Did you get your DM done or citizenship itself?

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
I think we have to stop paying taxes to the government, unless they atleast keep informing us about the status of the application. Once we stop paying taxes, then they will come behind us, until that time I don't think no one is looking at canadavisa forums and what we discuss here. My application has been pending in status "Ceremony to be done" from Jan 27 2021. There is no new on what is happening in the Montreal IRCC office, I have sent mails to MP office to check the status and the same answer came back. I was communicating with the Deputy of the MP and he was saying it is noting pending from my end. I think the next step is knock the door of the PM and finally, I think refuse to pay the tax, that time.. everyone will automatically turn to us

@Lumiere any news for you from IRCC? Did you get your DM done or citizenship itself?
I have a suggestion, you can see if you are interested signing up.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/write-to-your-mp-get-a-refund.737755/

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

So, your file has been DM since Jan. 2021, and you have been waiting for the oath ceremony for about 7 months?

yasmin123456

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013

same situation- kitchener

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021

The exact same thing & exact timeline for me. I guess they just dumped the applications for no reason. Also the system is not based on first cum first serve basis which is very strange.

Reactions: yasmin123456