AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Thank you for the great news, I hope
It’s not a glitch as well.

Did you have less than about 20 absences from canada by any chance?
I def had more than that - did travel quite a bit. can't recall the specific number.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there are lots of people here with Scarbro office (including me). Yes, it is one of the slowest office (could be with lots of people in GTA so they have heavy work load). But don't worry, there are lots of people who are getting test invites from Scarbro recently. Good luck.
was this on cic ecas?

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
Yes, there are lots of people here with Scarbro office (including me). Yes, it is one of the slowest office (could be with lots of people in GTA so they have heavy work load). But don't worry, there are lots of people who are getting test invites from Scarbro recently. Good luck.
How to check which office is processing your application?

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

update
Toronto
Single
AOR: Feb 18, 2020
In Process: Feb 28, 2020
Test Invite: March 3, 2021
Test passed (unofficial): March 13, 2021
Decision Made: March 18, 2021

I just checked today and saw it changed from in process to decision made - hopefully it's not a glitch - that is awfully fast. not complaining though.
was this on cic ecas? congrats btw

Reactions: samroc

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Hello friends, I have a question, I would like your opinion, please.

I am desperate. I had sent my application around October or November 2019, I don't remember exactly ...

A paper application, which was processed and I had received an invitation to take a physical test ... In Mars 2020. Test which was canceled for the reasons you know ...

Since that time, I have been waiting.

For a while I have been observing the updates of the applications of people who post on this forum, and who had applied at the same time ... I understand that people who depend on the Montreal office and who had seen their first test canceled , receive NO updates since ...

Here is my question: Everything suggests that our requests will remain on stand by indefinitely ... I do not see ANY person on this forum in the same situation as me (Montreal office + physical test canceled in 2020) who receives an invitation for a electronic test.

Seeing that + people who applied after receiving invitations to online tests, I tell myself that IRCC employees no longer want to touch physical files, and are focusing on electronic applications ...

Seeing all this I worry, and I begin to wonder how wise and relevant it would be to make an electronic application, and consider that the first one will never be processed, or not for years and years? ....

What do you think, would it be a good idea to make a new electronic application right away?

What will happen to the first request if I proceed immediately?

Thank you in advance for your ideas and advice.

, Piotr.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019

I am desperate. I had sent my application around October or November 2019, I don't remember exactly ...

A paper application, which was processed and I had received an invitation to take a physical test ... In Mars 2020. Test which was canceled for the reasons you know ...

For a while I have been observing the updates of the applications of people who post on this forum, and who had applied at the same time ... I understand that people who depend on the Montreal office and who had seen their first test canceled , receive NO updates since ...

Here is my question: Everything suggests that our requests will remain on stand by indefinitely ... I do not see ANY person on this forum in the same situation as me (Montreal office + physical test canceled in 2020) who receives an invitation for a electronic test.

Seeing that + people who applied after receiving invitations to online tests, I tell myself that IRCC employees no longer want to touch physical files, and are focusing on electronic applications ...

Seeing all this I worry, and I begin to wonder how wise and relevant it would be to make an electronic application, and consider that the first one will never be processed, or not for years and years? ....

What do you think, would it be a good idea to make a new electronic application right away?

, Piotr.
Have you called them? I don't believe they are focusing on electronic (subjective opinion), lots of pre-pandemic applicants are moving along. Not sure about Montreal though. I had applied a couple of months before you, but mine is moving knock on wood. I would definitely call them if you haven't yet to learn the status. At this point I think you won't benefit from an online application. My two pence anyways. Don't despair just yet. Try to get a clear status first.

Reactions: YBnormal

Cafollower

Mar 16, 2015

, Piotr.
I understand your situation. One possibility is as the background check is a major factor associates with long delays, after your test cancelled, many applicants who’d applied before you their security checks got done. You should be figuring out which office in Montreal is taking care of your application. As some areas are very populous so as result there must be accumulative Backlogs. Many of us got antsy but there is no other choice unless be waiting. Hope you hear back soon.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
I understand your situation. One possibility is as the background check is a major factor associates with long delays, after your test cancelled, many applicants who’d applied before you their security checks got done. You should be figuring out which office in Montreal is taking care of your application. As some areas are very populous so as result there must be accumulative Backlogs. Many of us got antsy but there is no other choice unless be waiting. Hope you hear back soon.
You should be receiving yours soon. I currently see a lot of applicants from April to August 2019 getting their test invite. So your shouldn't be that far away. Try sending a enquiry using the webform, may be every 3 weeks starting today. So that you can draw their attention to your file. It will come through, don't worry. They seem to be working on the 2019 backlog....

Reactions: yasmin123456

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

, Piotr.
I am in the same boat, except I didn't receive any test invitations before. I haven't received anything from them after they opened my file.

I think what's happening is that Montreal has been a red zone region for the last few months, and since last January I haven't seen any Nov 2019 applicants received online test invitations. If this is the reason, then I am not sure if they will change their speed in the coming weeks, as Montreal remains a red zone region despite the fact that the rest of Quebec has moved to Orange-code and some to Yellow-code regions.

They may be processing electronic applications because it's easier to access from their computers at their homes (I assume they don't work in the office ) instead of bringing piles of paper files to their homes, which is completely unfair from our point of view, but it seems that fairness to them is not a priority under the current circumstances, and they are not under any pressure to reconsider their processing policy. I am not sure though if applying again electronically would help. Things might shift back to semi-normal in the coming months with the vaccination campaigns underway.

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021

, Piotr.
Call them, use the webform as well as suggested above. Finally, email your MP's office and they will get a detailed update to give to you. My file moved after I spoke to my MP in less than two weeks (got my test invite), might have been a coincidence but it will surely bring attention to the office in charge of your file.

Trustbix

Mar 22, 2021
Hello Everyone ,

Application sent - Nov 2019
Location - BC
AOR - Feb 2020
status - In process

since then no update any advice? what steps I can take from here.
Thanks