+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
I have one question, sincei received the AOR today, does it mean that the documents submitted with my application have been reviewed and my application will not be returned.
2- I tried to link the application to my account right after receiving the AOR but I failed to do so, any clue??
AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt of receipt of application and docs as per check list.
Thorough Document check is only after "In Process" update in eCAS.

Reactions: Rafi33

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
are fingerprints optional? would you know what is the criteria based on which they ask for this? I have travel plans outside the country from 15 May for 3 weeks and getting anxious already.
Though travel abroad is not restricted, after application is in status of "in process" it is advisable to stay in Canada. When Travel history is being checked by CIC and if you are outside country, it may delay processing of application. Take advise from your consultant before travel.
Also If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship you do not need to request your Traveler History Report from the CBSA.
Fingerprint request by CIC is as per CIC's discretion to confirm identity.

Last edited:
Reactions: acerbico423

jamaican_waiting

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Good Evening,

I received my AOR today at 7:01PM eastern time. I mailed my application on November 8th, not entirely sure when it arrived as I did not select the tracking option.

Update:

I'm now active in ECAS and according to them
"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2019"

I'm shocked it took all of two weeks for them to receive it.. lol, now I wish I'd done the express mail!

Last edited:
Reactions: acerbico423

stefff88

Nov 22, 2019
Hi , just here to give an update on my application.
Family size : single
Physical presence : 1809
App sent : November 15 2019
App received: November 21 2019
AOR : February 05 2020
Total # of days btwn application sending & AOR : 83 days .
Please guys can you update my status or add me to the spread sheet if not done already .
And also I’m wondering if you know how long it usually take from this step to the exam ? Or have you heard of many people getting their app returned after this stage ? Please let me know . I’m so worried.

nskca

Feb 6, 2020
Hi Admins,
Can you please add me to the list?
Application Sent 12-Nov-2019
Application received 18-Nov-2019
AOR 31-Jan-2020
Family 4
Location Toronto
Thanks

atazure

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much! I have received information that my application has been received!

Family size: 1
Physical Presence: 1 557
App. Sent: Nov 19 2019
App. Delivered: Nov 22 2019
AOR: -
Hi!

AOR: Feb 6th 2020

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Though travel abroad is not restricted, after application is in status of "in process" it is advisable to stay in Canada. When Travel history is being checked by CIC and if you are outside country, it may delay processing of application. Take advise from your consultant before travel.
Also If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship you do not need to request your Traveler History Report from the CBSA.
Fingerprint request by CIC is as per CIC's discretion to confirm identity.
I cannot defer the date of this travel but before my travel date (15 may) I hope the application is in DM. worst case, the application will be delayed? that would be fine.