+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019

drohit

Feb 26, 2016
Sorry that your application is returned back. Have you sent minor application along with your (adult) application? or just the minor application?
It was a family application, both parents had calculator printout except minor

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
It may be a mistake on their end. Physical presence for minor is not required if the applications is done under IRPA subsection 5(2). You have no choice but to send it and state that in your cover letter.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
OK. I also submitted a family application and still waiting for AOR. I also have not sent the physical presence calculator with minor application but however included a cover letter saying that the application is under subsection 5(2). Let's see if they return my application too. Thanks for the heads up.

And also the form I have sent for Minor application is CIT 0003E (which is specific for 5(2) subsection)

Last edited:

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
which form did you use for minor? Subsection 5(1) or Subsection 5(2)
I used Subsection 5(2). I sent the physical presence calculator only for myself and my spouse.

Last edited:

drohit

Feb 26, 2016
which form did you use for minor? Subsection 5(1) or Subsection 5(2)
Oh, I didn't knew there are two different forms, I checked the form just now and it is Subsection 5(1) my bad, since they said everything else is good I hope it wont comeback again.
thanks for throwing light on it :)

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
the whole process is full of traps(for both parties) that can easily waste your 3-month waiting time for AOR

can't CIC make this whole process more dummy-proof?

Can't they just make the whole process: 1) personally show up at any service canada office, 2) verify your identification 3) run residency check online 4) ask you to go home 5) run background check 6) ask you to come back if any problem or completion 7) attend test and ceremony 8) done

Can't Canada make this happen? nothing fancy here I don't understand.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I didn't knew there are two different forms, I checked the form just now and it is Subsection 5(1) my bad, since they said everything else is good I hope it wont comeback again.
thanks for throwing light on it :)
So it wasn’t the physical presence calculator document for minors that was wrong? Because I’m pretty sure minors applying with parents don’t require that.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
update about my application,
I followed this checklist for minor https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0008e-2.pdf
they didn't ask for physical presence calculator printout but now they sent back application asking for attaching that for minor :(

did anyone face this problem?
Pl see the checklist. Any document missing as per requirement in check list is likely to be returned. Every applicant Adult or Minor has to comply with all the documents. (Unless state a reasonable and convincing reason as to why he is not complying with)

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
the whole process is full of traps(for both parties) that can easily waste your 3-month waiting time for AOR

can't CIC make this whole process more dummy-proof?

Can't they just make the whole process: 1) personally show up at any service canada office, 2) verify your identification 3) run residency check online 4) ask you to go home 5) run background check 6) ask you to come back if any problem or completion 7) attend test and ceremony 8) done

Can't Canada make this happen? nothing fancy here I don't understand.
Everyone has a dream come true!!!

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

I received AOR today. Can some one please update excel tracker? Is it usual to receive 2 AORs for 2 people in family? I remember I received one AOR for our PR application.
Hi everyone, Back to this forum after 4 years, now with Citizenship application. Please add my details to November tracker.

ID: JSB
Family size: 2
Physical Presence: 1487
App. Sent: Nov 18 2019
App. Delivered: Nov 21 2019
AOR: 03-Feb-2020