+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Me and they now sent me a request to submit my fingerprints for the SECOND time
I am sorry to hear this. My first BG check was completed on Feb. 2020. I assume it was updated on Feb 2021, and now we are close to Feb. 2022, which means a 3rd BG check is looming if I don't get the oath invitation before that :confused: All of this delay our files more and more ... :rolleyes:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys I need help, I submitted fingerprints February 2020, have taken citizenship test 27th of September. 4 October citizenship test turned to completed.
On 24th November background check turned complete then the next day it turned back to in progress.
After that I got another fingerprint request is this normal?
Hmm, it seems after leaving your file for a while, they didn't even update your BG check on Feb 2021, and now realized that. I would have expected them to send you the 2nd FP request around Feb 2021, which they didn't, it seems. I would say then it's normal in the sense that BG check is valid for one year and it needs to be updated, but it's also not normal since it's been around 9 months since the expiration date of your 1st BG check (the delay is huge). I would order ATIP notes to know more details. It's free and it's sent to your email.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Good Morning!
I have news that I have received my Oath Invite and have a date set for Dec 17th. Just in time for Christmas and I couldn’t be happier.
For those waiting good luck. I was also the Vancouver office which was seeming like they had come to a stand still.
☺

Chajhei

Nov 19, 2019
Update!!!!!!
Got oath update on the website this morning. November 23. No emails as of yet. Scheduled for December 8th!!
Received oath email today for December 8th. However no meeting link or meeting ID on there, anyone experience this?

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Good Morning!
I have news that I have received my Oath Invite and have a date set for Dec 17th. Just in time for Christmas and I couldn’t be happier.
For those waiting good luck. I was also the Vancouver office which was seeming like they had come to a stand still.
☺
When did you get the DM? Thanks

Soleil2015

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
btw I ordered ATI0 in July got it in September after my citizenship test invitation the ATIP said background check complete
Hmm, it seems after leaving your file for a while, they didn't even update your BG check on Feb 2021, and now realized that. I would have expected them to send you the 2nd FP request around Feb 2021, which they didn't, it seems. I would say then it's normal in the sense that BG check is valid for one year and it needs to be updated, but it's also not normal since it's been around 9 months since the expiration date of your 1st BG check (the delay is huge). I would order ATIP notes to know more details. It's free and it's sent to your email.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Unfortunately, some people in this forum are so selfish. When they ask a question, they are eager to know the answers from other's experience, which is OK, that is why we are all here to help each others. However, when a person need their help, they don't even care. Those people are here only to gain not to give. Please remember with your answer, you may relieve a person stress and panic, especially during these hard times which IRCC doesn't answer the questions.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
March 2020
As I expected and mentioned before. Your file has been ignored until recently, and when they try to resume its processing, they found your BG check has expired, so they asked for new FP. This should have happened around Feb-April 2021, but you got it on Nov or Dec 2021.