+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Is it just me or there has been a sharp drop in updates from 2019 applicants? Most updates I see are from 2021, and some 2020. What's happening? :confused:

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Is it just me or there has been a sharp drop in updates from 2019 applicants? Most updates I see are from 2021, and some 2020. What's happening? :confused:
Usually I don't check 2021 thread, but I'm shocked with speed applicants receive test invitations, background verification etc...
Probably IRCC is trying to keep 1 year processing standard.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Usually I don't check 2021 thread, but I'm shocked with speed applicants receive test invitations, background verification etc...
Probably IRCC is trying to keep 1 year processing standard.
What about us 2019 applicants? 2020 and 2021 applicants wait for less than a year, and we 2019 applicants wait for more than 2 years?! :confused: This will leave a permanent negative sentiment against IRCC in us, I am sure. All countries are opening up, and things started to go back to normal except in Canada, and especially IRCC are still using the convid-19 excuse for their laziness and incompetency. This is getting ridiculous how inefficient and ineffective they are

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
What about us 2019 applicants? 2020 and 2021 applicants wait for less than a year, and we 2019 applicants wait for more than 2 years?! :confused: This will leave a permanent negative sentiment against IRCC in us, I am sure. All countries are opening up, and things started to go back to normal except in Canada, and especially IRCC are still using the convid-19 excuse for their laziness and incompetency. This is getting ridiculous how inefficient and ineffective they are
Few friends of mine are federal employees, none want to be back to office and commute for hours . Productivity is less, they spend more time with their family and children, to some extend we are just numbers, fly in a wall.

Reactions: YBnormal

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Few friends of mine are federal employees, none want to be back to office and commute for hours . Productivity is less, they spend more time with their family and children, to some extend we are just numbers, fly in a wall.
They choose the easy life over doing the actual job. Bunch of lazy employees. I hope tomorrow they enforce the vaccine mandate to all federal workers, and let those who want to stay home go for good. New employees will be more motivated to work from the office. I am willing to have 2 months interruption so that things get to full speed after. Enough is enough. We are close to 2 years in the pandemic. This cannot be dragged any longer. The company I was working with when the first lockdown was enforced sent us home with everything we need in place and they set up the necessary infrastructure, and our productivity continued with almost the same level from the first day WFH. Companies were motivated because they didn't want to loose money. IRCC on the other hand wasn't/isn't motivated because we are not a priority to them, and we don't affect their employees pays because they are protected. Something has to change so they change their strategy

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Let's see if Marco Mendicino will continue to be a minister of IRCC or he will be replaced like how Ahmed Husein was replaced by Marco.
I hope he will be replaced. He was useless and weak. If you ever watched TV interview with him, you would know he has no clue what he is doing or what to do. He dodged every single question in one interview about the delays.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am still not sure if I would send this, as I am afraid IRCC would retaliate to the person who send it by delaying their application even more, but I wanted to share this letter I wrote out of frustration. Feel free to use it as a first draft if you are thinking to send a letter for a petition or for an individual letter.

Dear IRCC/Minister of Immigration,

We are a group of people who share their experiences regarding their citizenship applications on the Internet, and came together to send you this letter to convey to you our collective message, which we hope to be taken into consideration from future Canadian citizens, who they feel they are Canadians already.

We came to Canada years ago seeking a better life and a better treatment, and we all see Canada as our second home. We left behind us parents and siblings, and sacrificed many personal choices to come and settle in Canada, and be active participants in building the future all Canadians dream for themselves and their children.

However, we collectively feel that we are left behind since the pandemic started in Canada. Our applications were not processed for months after the lockdown enforced back in March 2020. Many didn't hear anything about their applications for as long as 18 months. Citizenship applications now take more than two years to be approved, especially for applicants who applied mid to late 2019. This is without taking into consideration the time it takes to receive the citizenship certificate after taking the oath, and after that the passport. These latter steps may take up to 3 months alone.

We acknowledge that the pandemic has slowed things down to make sure everyone is safe, but after more than 18 months into the pandemic, and most of Canadians are vaccinated, we are still at the same point 18 months ago. These days it takes 4-5 months between each step and the next one. Even those of us who have their applications approved wait 4-5 months to get invited to take the oath. In addition, permanent residency card renewal applications take 4-5 months to be processed and approved. As a result, some of us are left without an easy way to return to Canada if we leave, for example to attend the holidays with our families later this year.

Furthermore, we are seeing, from the spreadsheets we are using to report our files' progress, some trends in processing applications that don't follow the chronological order. For example, we have noted that late 2020 and early 2021 applicants, are progressing faster than or at the same stage as some mid and late 2019 applicants, who have been waiting longer. Also, some offices, notably in Ontario, move faster than other offices such as Calgary and Montreal offices. All of this moves inside us a feeling of unfairness, where when and where you apply can affect your file's processing time significantly.

Therefore, we would like to make the following request: to prioritize mid and late 2019 and early 2020 applicants in all offices and to expedite the next steps in their files. Late 2020 and early 2021 applicants are still within the 12 month processing time limit announced in the official website of IRCC, while mid to late 2019 applicants are way beyond that limit.

Some applicants individually sent letters before, and received the same response that mentioned Covid-19 as the main culprit in all of this delay. We believe that new strategies and policies can change and improve the processing time, and we believe that IRCC has the capacity and means to improve the experience of current and future citizenships applicants.

Sincerely

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Too much bluff i could not read it all , few lines less, focus on the issues and proposed solutions

Issues :

1-
2-
3-

Proposed solution :

1- Clear all paper based applications 2018-2029-2020, we have been over 21 months for hope, yet all online applicants are ahead of us. Some late 2020 are already citizens

2-

3-

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Too much bluff i could not read it all , few lines less, focus on the issues and proposed solutions

Issues :

1-
2-
3-

Proposed solution :

1- Clear all paper based applications 2018-2029-2020, we have been over 21 months for hope, yet all online applicants are ahead of us. Some late 2020 are already citizens

2-

3-
Remember, I wrote it as if I was going to send it to the Minister of Immigration, who is an official and not a friend or colleague or a subordinate to summarize things in points as a to-do list for them. Anyway, this was MY attempt to write something that I felt respectful while expressing my grievances in a way that allow IRCC to remain in charge of the details. You didn't read my letter, but also you didn't write yours in details just the template and fill in the blank. You need to invest time to write something clear and precise. You are welcome to write your detailed letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ott-613

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Guys, best way to retaliate is dont pay your taxes for next year. This issue will POP UP automatically... If all of us decide not to pay taxes, even the prime minister will be intersted in knowing what is happening. I have been waiting for OATH invitations since Jan 27 20201... My application moved to DM this day... i will not pay my taxes adn let any government official call me.. i will ask them to answer the question for my application...

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Remember, I wrote it as if I was going to send it to the Minister of Immigration, who is an official and not a friend or colleague or a subordinate to summarize things in points as a to-do list for them. Anyway, this was MY attempt to write something that I felt respectful while expressing my grievances in a way that allow IRCC to remain in charge of the details. You didn't read my letter, but also you didn't write yours in details just the template and fill in the blank. You need to invest time to write something clear and precise. You are welcome to write your detailed letter.
Thx and no hard feeling.

In general i believe people dont like long emails, this is my feedback. I suggested an edit to make sure you deliver your message and focus on outcomes / results

Agree, will write my own letter as well the way i think best.

Good luck, keep us posted .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys, best way to retaliate is dont pay your taxes for next year. This issue will POP UP automatically... If all of us decide not to pay taxes, even the prime minister will be intersted in knowing what is happening. I have been waiting for OATH invitations since Jan 27 20201... My application moved to DM this day... i will not pay my taxes adn let any government official call me.. i will ask them to answer the question for my application...
I thought you are done and didn't come back to update your entry in the spreadsheet, since I don't see you active in the forums. I noticed your details because you are with the Montreal office, which is also my office, unfortunately :confused: .

This is absolutely infuriating to be waiting for 8+ months for the oath, while some 2021 applicants are already citizens in less than 8 months.

I don't understand why IRCC personnel are not working? At the hospitals we can understand why they delay non-emergency procedures, because there are limited ICU beds, but IRCC personnel don't have such limited capacity even from home. They can process urgently requested processing files in 2 months, which means they have the capacity to expedite things, but I feel they are using Covid-19 excuse to slow down things in purpose.

The problem is if we don't pay taxes we will have problems with CRA and not IRCC. IRCC will continue untouched. And even if we want to deliver a message, this will be May 2022. We need a more immediate actions

Reactions: YBnormal