+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Suppose IRCC are spying on us on what we say here, and I assume this isn't impossible mission if they put some resources, although I would be surprised with their limited capacity in processing applications nowadays. Do you think they can punish us for saying things (like they are inefficient or incompetent) by delaying our applications more, for example, or they would take it in the spirit of free speech in a democratic country?
In this country freedom of speech is basic right, you can say whenever you want to say. If someone doesn't like what person sad, they need to go to court, then court will decide.
IRCC can't delay application without reason.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
In this country freedom of speech is basic right, you can say whenever you want to say. If someone doesn't like what person sad, they need to go to court, then court will decide.
IRCC can't delay application without reason.
That's what I am thinking, but the question is of course: how would we know if IRCC know what we say and acted on that? If there is no self-monitoring within IRCC body that prevents such acts, no one knows what really happens behind closed doors. And this what worries me :rolleyes:

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
That's what I am thinking, but the question is of course: how would we know if IRCC know what we say and acted on that? If there is no self-monitoring within IRCC body that prevents such acts, no one knows what really happens behind closed doors. And this what worries me :rolleyes:
I can agree, we don't see what is happening behind closed doors. But we always can control them. For example make ATIP request with corporate communication (emails) between departments, any information is not protected. Unfortunately we can't do much if officer have personal feelings.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I can agree, we don't see what is happening behind closed doors. But we always can control them. For example make ATIP request with corporate communication (emails) between departments, any information is not protected. Unfortunately we can't do much if officer have personal feelings.
Any idea how long it will take to get reply for ATIP request? I requested one month before and I didn't get any response yet.

Goran1989

Jun 7, 2021
This morning everything (except Oath/ Ceremony status) was updated to COMPLETED!

What is the average time frame between the updated status and Oath invite? Cheers!
I got update like you did on everything complete and DM on ECAS on July 5th, still waiting on the invite

My case is being handled by IRCC in Surrey, BC. Received AOR on November 19, 2019.

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I know IRCC doesn't care as we are just file numbers to them and they would tell me to leave if I don't like it as some members here told me, but people are putting their lives on hold because of the citizenship applications, and they went through so much to reach this point. Problems don't come individually to people, but in groups. I don't want to get personal, but again people are not just mere numbers. Their lives is not just a file. Again, I know no one cares, but I am extremely frustrated of my bad luck and my situation. I am just venting

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Update for my application
August 18
Language, prohibition, presence - completed. Old tracker says - decision made. Ottawa office.
Congrats! I am also from Ottawa/Gatineau office. I took the test on April 25 and Still waiting for DM. Language, prohibition, presence is in progress. Do you think sending a ATIP request makes the process faster?

Reactions: 123123321

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
my husbands application status is DM since 3 weeks and my both the kids who are minor applied with my husband status is still progress because one kids only background verification is complete and other kids application everything is in progress. i just wanted to know how long it will take from DM to oath and also oath ceremony is delayed because of my kids application ??

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Congrats! I am also from Ottawa/Gatineau office. I took the test on April 25 and Still waiting for DM. Language, prohibition, presence is in progress. Do you think sending a ATIP request makes the process faster?
Thank you!
I'm not sure it will speed up application process because ATIP department is not connected to citizenship department. You can see if they work on your application by requesting ATIP.

Reactions: ronwahd

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
my husbands application status is DM since 3 weeks and my both the kids who are minor applied with my husband status is still progress because one kids only background verification is complete and other kids application everything is in progress. i just wanted to know how long it will take from DM to oath and also oath ceremony is delayed because of my kids application ??
No one knows how long.
Kids in-progress is not affecting the adult application. Kids will show inprogress till oath(i think) but its same for all - they wont get DM since kids application is a dependent application which is waiting for main application's grant. So delay is from the officer/office, not the dependents.

Reactions: SPADMASH

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
All I can say is that Edmonton office is the slowest office in all Canada. :(