+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Do we need language test for citizenship application, I mean again we need to write IELTS or some exam to apply for citizenship ?
In case you submitted IELTS or any other language test results while to get PR , mention same clearly in the application giving its details, CIC will waive of this requirement even if its results expired. Write details on a separate page if required. Incomplete applications are returned.Basic requirements must be included as per check list to complete the application.

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Family size:Single
Physical Presence:
App. Sent:12 November
App. Delivered:16 November
AOR: Pending

how do i update my province as i am moving to alberta next month for job? do i have to update the job information as well as i quit my current job?

secondly, i send along with the application two Canadian post secondary program certificate(2 semester) for english language requirement? i have general ielts certifcate as well which i forgot to send can i send it now or two certificates are enough?

third, i have spend 115 days outside of canada on vacation which i mentioed in caluator but address for these i did not enter in the main application?

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Family size:Single
Physical Presence:
App. Sent:12 November
App. Delivered:16 November
AOR: Pending

how do i update my province as i am moving to alberta next month for job? do i have to update the job information as well as i quit my current job?

secondly, i send along with the application two Canadian post secondary program certificate(2 semester) for english language requirement? i have general ielts certifcate as well which i forgot to send can i send it now or two certificates are enough?

third, i have spend 115 days outside of canada on vacation which i mentioed in caluator but address for these i did not enter in the main application?
Wait until receive AOR, Then update giving application reference number on AOR.

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Sorry, TOEFL is not the case here. You need to take IELTS-G.
can you provide any government link where it mentioned we must take IELTS please, thank you, I am asking because my tenant family both got citizenship oath this month 9th they both just uploaded their Indian degree certificate for English proficiency in citizenship application thats all, so please provide me where I can confirm that , thank you again

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
In case you submitted IELTS or any other language test results while to get PR , mention same clearly in the application giving its details, CIC will waive of this requirement even if its results expired. Write details on a separate page if required. Incomplete applications are returned.Basic requirements must be included as per check list to complete the application.
Ohh thats good to know, but how about my spouse, she did not give her IELTS when she applied along with me ( at that time no need of IELTS for spouse ) so what are all the options for her now ?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
If you are 18 to 54 years old:

• Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability.

Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:
    • results of a third-party language test
    • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
    • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs
    For more information visit “What documents can I use to prove that I meet the citizenship language requirement?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Nice to see all applicants here.
Hope all of us have good news soon.

Family size: Family of Three
Physical Presence: 1110
App. Sent: Nov 1st, 2019
App. Delivered: Nov 4th, 2019
AOR: Awaiting

Good luck to all of us.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Hi Everyone
I am new to the Citizenship forum. Here are my details.

Family size: Single
Physical Presence: 1310
App. Sent: Oct. 27, 2019
App. Delivered: Nov 07, 2019
AOR: Awaiting

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Ohh thats good to know, but how about my spouse, she did not give her IELTS when she applied along with me ( at that time no need of IELTS for spouse ) so what are all the options for her now ?
She has to comply with the language requirement.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
You need to provide police certificate with application.
If not, then provide the details in the explanation box.
Note: police certificates are valid for only 6 months. so try getting it closer to submitting your complete application.

As per CIC website:
To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued:
  • after the last time you were in that country, or
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application
We may request a police certificate at any point during processing, even if you submitted a valid certificate with your application.
Foreign police certificates

During the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. If you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, you are NOT required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box of the application form.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Foreign police certificates

During the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. If you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, you are NOT required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box of the application form.
Right, however if you traveled back to your home country for even days after becoming a PR for some reason you still need a latest Police certificate from home country which need to be issued within last 6 months at time of application as those days will be adding into 183.

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got AOR today.

Family size: Family of Three
Physical Presence: 1110
App. Sent: Nov 1st, 2019
App. Delivered: Nov 4th, 2019
AOR: Jan 21st, 2020