+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

renee0219

Jan 15, 2020
Fastest DM I saw based on this forum from ONLINE test is 2 days, the longest took around 2 months. You won't get an update for DM, only for interviews/oath.
Thank you for answering my questions. I just hate the feeling of waiting for nothing to do now. LoL...

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you for answering my questions. I just hate the feeling of waiting for nothing to do now. LoL...
On a positive note, they are processing the results first come first serve as it seems. Saw someone in the Facebook group from Toronto who finished the test on Feb 15th has his status changed to DM today.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Based on the comments here, I haven't seen anyone received a test invitation from the Montreal office since last January. Is my observation correct? Montreal remains a red zone unlike the rest of Quebec, and I am afraid this implies that no tests and more delay!

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Regarding the online applicants, this shows that IRCC were capable of implementing this system years ago instead of piling paper documents. Now when the pandemic hit, it has been harder to bring hard copy files to the immigration officers' homes assuming that they work from home because they are non-essential business, while they can download the online applications and study them from their home and on their computers. Indeed it's a very bad luck for us who applied late 2019 until late 2020, but also their lack sense of fairness towards us. We are are just file numbers to them, not humans.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
I got the invitation to re-take the citizenship test. Reason mentioned in the invitation is that, "we are unable to accept your test results, could be because of technical issues or required photo identification was not submitted"
i've used Provincial ID card for as photo identification as it has signature and DOB and address.
PR card was not used because it doesn't have signature on it. Only thing is it has DOB and Card expiry date.
Test Invitation document was little confusing.. it clearly says "Photo ID with signature on it" such as PR card. But our PR card will not have signature.
Can any one reply that they took the test with PR card (with out signature)as ID proof and was successful.
I used driver's license and got the invite for an interview after that. So you don't have to use only PR card.

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021
Family size: single
App. Sent: Nov 27, 2019
App. Delivered: Dec 03, 2019
AOR: February 21, 2020
In Process ECAS: February 26, 2020
Test Invitation: Mar 05, 2021
Test Date - Passed: Mar 05, 2021 (UNOFFICIAL test result)
Oath: Waiting

renee0219

Jan 15, 2020
On a positive note, they are processing the results first come first serve as it seems. Saw someone in the Facebook group from Toronto who finished the test on Feb 15th has his status changed to DM today.
LOL...I checked with excitement, but still in process for me. Haha...

skylar1218

Feb 24, 2020
Hi I contacted the local MP member and asked them to help me check my application status. They responded with the following status:

The criminality verifications have expired on February 26, 2021 and will need to be reworked.
The security verifications are currently valid.
The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application, if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.

Since it said my criminality verifications have expired on February 26, 2021 and do I have to do anything? Like, do I need to re-submit my background check to CIC? Thanks.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi I contacted the local MP member and asked them to help me check my application status. They responded with the following status:

The criminality verifications have expired on February 26, 2021 and will need to be reworked.
The security verifications are currently valid.
The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application, if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.

Since it said my criminality verifications have expired on February 26, 2021 and do I have to do anything? Like, do I need to re-submit my background check to CIC? Thanks.
It is their process, criminality checks are conducted by RCMP and they expire after 12 months. Nothing much you can do at this point, just sit back and wait for updates.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Same for me. No communications whatsoever, nothing. Even they acknowledged my urgent processing 2 days ago, still nothing...
What did you use for your reasoning to be changed to urgent processing, if you don't mind my asking?

Deepu Punjab

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi ,
I was asked to provide Finger Prints on August 7,2020 and since then haven't got any updates on my Status

Application Received- 28 Nov 2019
AOR- 11 Feb 2020
Processing- 23 Feb,2020
FR Request- Aug 7,2020

Anyone still in the same boat? Should I contact them

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021
Hi ,
I was asked to provide Finger Prints on August 7,2020 and since then haven't got any updates on my Status

Application Received- 28 Nov 2019
AOR- 11 Feb 2020
Processing- 23 Feb,2020
FR Request- Aug 7,2020

Anyone still in the same boat? Should I contact them
Definitely contact them and contact your MP for a detailed update too. The call center will probably only tell you “in process” “please wait” “covid”... etc