+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

elenpary

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mine was approved in March 2020 at Ottawa. What's the status of your medical?
We are with Ottawa as the primary office as well. Our medicals were extended till April 2021 (as far as I understood from GCMS notes) and obviously expired. We haven't ordered GCMS since because the file was approved anyway. I'm just a little anxious seeing all these PPRs and knowing that we haven't received a remedical request yet.

elenpary

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Have been seeing LOADSSSS of PPR requests from Ottawa since last two days. Is there anyone left from Nov 2019 AOR group who still hasn't even received remedical request? Or is it just me....
We also haven't received a remedical request yet. Hopefully it happens soon for all of us!

Reactions: akriti91

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Same here, approved file with expired medicals. They didn't even send the remedical request.

Only a handful of people get remedical request and PPRs. IRCC has a backlog of approximately 55.000 FSW-O applications.

Processing 3-5 case/ a day is nothing for such a massive backlog. They have to finalize at least 1.000 files everyday to get rid of this backlog in roughly 3 months.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Same here, approved file with expired medicals. They didn't even send the remedical request.

Only a handful of people get remedical request and PPRs. IRCC has a backlog of approximately 55.000 FSW-O applications.

Processing 3-5 case/ a day is nothing for such a massive backlog. They have to finalize at least 1.000 files everyday to get rid of this backlog in roughly 3 months.
As per a recent ATIP request, the number of pending FSW-O apps were 29k as per August 31st 2021. The total number of applicants including dependents was 50k.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

Where did you get this 3-5 cases / day figure? Ottawa is now issuing PPRs like pre covid days and that's just one VO. I'm sure other VOs will follow suit in the coming days and the backlog will be processed pretty quickly.

Ram G

Jun 4, 2020
Have been seeing LOADSSSS of PPR requests from Ottawa since last two days. Is there anyone left from Nov 2019 AOR group who still hasn't even received remedical request? Or is it just me....
Just wondering, if any of these PPRs issued in the last few days for FSW-O are for NON-PNPs, First Time COPRs with COR-India ? That's the big bucket that many people in the forum belong to.

Reactions: Maddy_Arora

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Where did you get this 3-5 cases / day figure? Ottawa is now issuing PPRs like pre covid days and that's just one VO. I'm sure other VOs will follow suit in the coming days and the backlog will be processed pretty quickly.
Not quite there yet. I think it's more like Oct 2020.

chaozcho

Sep 28, 2020
Hi all, for those who got the re-medical requests, are the requirements the same as the requirements for the first medical exam? Do you just go to the same panel physician and do the same test? Do you have to do anything differently?

I ask because I contacted my panel physician for an upfront re-medical (i don't have a re-med request, so this is spontaneous), and she suggested not to get the re-med upfront and send me the webpage showing changes made by IRCC since August 2021

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

At the bottom, it states for people who are outside of Canada, do not get the IME but wait for instruction. I wonder if the re-med is different? If not, why can't a spontaneous re-med be approved?

Rustom

Sep 26, 2021
Hi all, for those who got the re-medical requests, are the requirements the same as the requirements for the first medical exam? Do you just go to the same panel physician and do the same test? Do you have to do anything differently?

I ask because I contacted my panel physician for an upfront re-medical (i don't have a re-med request, so this is spontaneous), and she suggested not to get the re-med upfront and send me the webpage showing changes made by IRCC since August 2021

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

At the bottom, it states for people who are outside of Canada, do not get the IME but wait for instruction. I wonder if the re-med is different? If not, why can't a spontaneous re-med be approved?
I have come across a member that mentioned they went upfront medicals by their own and raised it through a webform, one month later they recieved re-medical request from IRCC and the confusion of multiple webform to get this right never ended however it is not always the case, but I think it is wise to wait for the instructions

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-aor-join-here.651852/post-9803770

Last edited:
Reactions: Sethu510

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Any FSW-O from Nov 2019 AOR VO Ottawa received re-medical request yet? I'm seeing on groups a lot of Jan 2020 VO Ottawa are receiving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lithin