caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon I wrote an email to Immigration Minister regarding my application and the response I got is "All your statutory background checks are completed and have valid medical results. Rest assured you will be contacted once the procesing is complete" What can we understand by this? Do they mean all stages are Clear and only final approval is pending or even eligibilty is pending too?
Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. IRCC, CBSA and CSIS work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings. Security only starts after Eligibility has been passed by an officer, so the statement provided to you may very well imply that you are at the last of the stages https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

Daljeet1

Aug 2, 2019
Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. IRCC, CBSA and CSIS work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings. Security only starts after Eligibility has been passed by an officer, so the statement provided to you may very well imply that you are at the last of the stages https://bit.ly/37nCTJD
thanks a ton!!!!!

Reactions: caipsnotes

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I wrote an email to Immigration Minister regarding my application and the response I got is "All your statutory background checks are completed and have valid medical results. Rest assured you will be contacted once the procesing is complete" What can we understand by this? Do they mean all stages are Clear and only final approval is pending or even eligibilty is pending too?
When IRCC refers to statutory BG checks, it is referring to criminality and security. Security is only initiated after eligibility is passed, so based on the response you received, it seems that all stages of your application are passed.

Many applications are pending with all stages passed and awaiting a final review. During the final review, it is ensured that all documents on file such as your passports, medicals and security checks are valid and not expired. “valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

No need to be concerned, just wait for some time and you will receive a final decision.

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: YouGotMeHere

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I said may be. And in a sarcastic way. Everyone saying US people getting pr quickly, I gave you example of me and my friends. We did not get any update yet. So if you can understand why i said it. And why not a Gc holder or usa citizen can apply for canada pr. Everyone has their own reason. Just saying! Chill
I do not know why people are saying that US applications are being approved quickly. I think it is just because the border restrictions are more relaxed, at least on paper. But it is not true that US applicants are being given any more attention than any other outland. I have the same exact status as for April 2020, just to give you an example...

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Anyone else facing outages while trying to log into GCkey ? I have not been able to log in for the past two days. IRCC said there were some technical issues on their end, but anyone else able to log in?

padaja

Mar 12, 2021
@legalfalcon good day. May you help me with this inquiry? If my passport will be stamped the PR counterfoil and I have an existing tourist visa that will expire 2029, will the tourist visa counterfoil be stamped cancelled by the LVO when the PR counterfoil is stamped? Or will it be flagged in the IRCC system that the tourist visa counterfoil has already been canceled? TIA!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon good day. May you help me with this inquiry? If my passport will be stamped the PR counterfoil and I have an existing tourist visa that will expire 2029, will the tourist visa counterfoil be stamped cancelled by the LVO when the PR counterfoil is stamped? Or will it be flagged in the IRCC system that the tourist visa counterfoil has already been canceled? TIA!
Things have changed a lot lately due to COVID. Earlier when the COPR was issued, especially for inland applicants, they had to surrender all existing permits (study / work) and all existing visas were cancelled.

If you submit your passport for PR visa, then your visitor's visa will not be cancelled per se since you are not a PR until you land in Canada and are admitted. Only after you become a PR, your do not need a visa and all visas/ permits will be cancelled, if not physically, then in the system, .

padaja

Mar 12, 2021
Things have changed a lot lately due to COVID. Earlier when the COPR was issued, especially for inland applicants, they had to surrender all existing permits (study / work) and all existing visas were cancelled.

If you submit your passport for PR visa, then your visitor's visa will not be cancelled per se since you are not a PR until you land in Canada and are admitted. Only after you become a PR, your do not need a visa and all visas/ permits will be cancelled, if not physically, then in the system, .
Thank you for replying to my inquiry @legalfalcon ! So technically when I’m leaving my home country to go to Canada, I can either use/show any of the 2 counterfoil “visas” to the immigration officer in the airport? Thank you, again.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for replying to my inquiry @legalfalcon ! So technically when I’m leaving my home country to go to Canada, I can either use/show any of the 2 counterfoil “visas” to the immigration officer in the airport? Thank you, again.
If you are landing as a PR, you should show the PR. However, the officer will also be able to see it in the system that your PR application has been approved and that you have a PR visa.

patiencewearingthin

Oct 26, 2020
Hey all - Anyone here who applied for GCMS notes and IRCC asked for 90 day extension on the original timeline to release them? If yes, did they take the entire 90 days to release or did you get them before this timeline?