+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

kevinstu123

Jan 14, 2021
If you are a resident of the US, you can travel to Canada and land as a PR. Once done, you can then apply for SIN online, and OHIP and Driver's licences at Service Ontario. You can do these online. The service times are longer than usual due to COVID, but not too significant and will depend on the location where you are at. Driver's license is is usually granted immediately if you are converting it from a US license to a Canadian license.

You will need a Canadian address where OHIP will be shipped and a proof of address.
Understood. Thanks for your pointers. Few more points. This is what I see applicable to me for travel from IRCC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved):

You must also
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days

By the virtual landing website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html), there is mention of obtaining PR card within a week. I don't know how real that promise is.
Question: If I leave after 15 days of arrival (14 days of quarantine + 1 day), can IRCC revoke the card? I don't understand language of "you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary". I intend to leave back for USA once PR card is issued.

This is where my question lies, what are the consequences of doing this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Understood. Thanks for your pointers. Few more points. This is what I see applicable to me for travel from IRCC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved):

You must also
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days

By the virtual landing website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html), there is mention of obtaining PR card within a week. I don't know how real that promise is.
Question: If I leave after 15 days of arrival (14 days of quarantine + 1 day), can IRCC revoke the card? I don't understand language of "you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary". I intend to leave back for USA once PR card is issued.

This is where my question lies, what are the consequences of doing this?
The average processing time for PR card is 45 days to 2-3 months. So not sure how you got the info of getting a PR card within a week.

There is nothing stopping you from retuning back to the US and once your are a PR, your PR status cannot be revoked unless it is for a reason defined in the law. The language of these restrictions is ambitious and there is a lot of room for interpretation.

Sho_bha

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
I’m contemplating about the same. My case as per GCMS notes is approved in March 2020. As of now, I have not got any re medical request. We are actually in USA, but now my wife and kid are in India for vacation.

Medical is cheaper to do in India as compared to USA. What is the process to do medical without IRCC asking for it? What documents are needed. If you have done medical recently, can you pls guide on the process.
I got it done from mumbai lilavati hospital.Take a prior appointment over phone. Take your ITA and passport along. Fee is around Rs4500 per person.

Cadlady

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
By the time they start issuing PPR after restriction, peoples PCC, medical/remedical extension, ielts must have expired. I hope we wont be asked to renew all these before PPR...
@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
By the time they start issuing PPR after restriction, peoples PCC, medical/remedical extension, ielts must have expired. I hope we wont be asked to renew all these before PPR...
@legalfalcon
All documents such as IELTS, ECA, PCC etc. have to be valid as on the date the application is filed. Only your medicals have to be valid when you file as well as when you land. If your meds expire, IRCC will send them for reassessment and the regional medical officer will make a determination on whether to ask for a remed or give extension. As regards PCC, IRCC can ask for additional or more update PCCs on a case by case basis.

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
@legalfalcon

We received our Passport Request email in November 2020, but before that, we had a new family member. And by the time, the baby's passport was ready, it was early December 2020. I raised a webform sharing our updates and requesting more time to submit our passport since we have a new baby. After submitting a copy of the baby's passport and medical, it has gone silent. But now, my cic profile has the baby as a dependent, which is great. We are still waiting for the new passport request.
Another webform was sent asking if we could use the same Passport Request number. Again no answer. could i use the same PPR (Nov2020) to submit our passports including the newborn's?

What your thoughts and how could I move forward?

Thanks in advance.

aparlik

Jun 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

I too am a November 2019 AOR applicant (FSW-O) who is still waiting for his PPR. My passport is expiring in December this year and I am considering getting it renewed right now. Is it OK to provide IRCC the new passport information through a web form? Should I just submit the scans of all relevant pages once I get the new one?

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

We received our Passport Request email in November 2020, but before that, we had a new family member. And by the time, the baby's passport was ready, it was early December 2020. I raised a webform sharing our updates and requesting more time to submit our passport since we have a new baby. After submitting a copy of the baby's passport and medical, it has gone silent. But now, my cic profile has the baby as a dependent, which is great. We are still waiting for the new passport request.
Another webform was sent asking if we could use the same Passport Request number. Again no answer. could i use the same PPR (Nov2020) to submit our passports including the newborn's?

What your thoughts and how could I move forward?

Thanks in advance.
To add a new family member, if you have sent the forms, documents, then after the new family member is assessed for medical inadmissibility (since new borns are not subject to criminality and security), you will get a new passport request for all family members including the new born.

It can take 2-4 months. Also, can send a webform and find if a decision has been made, or see your GCMS notes.

It could also be a case where a decision has been made but a PPR has not been sent.

golu_molu

Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

I too am a November 2019 AOR applicant (FSW-O) who is still waiting for his PPR. My passport is expiring in December this year and I am considering getting it renewed right now. Is it OK to provide IRCC the new passport information through a web form? Should I just submit the scans of all relevant pages once I get the new one?

Thanks!
Yes Please renew your passport at the earliest and once you receive renewed passport then you can send new passport to IRCC through web form.
I did the same in my case. In this way they will touch your file at least and may give some positive benefit. While sending through web form, consider the following -
- Copy of Expired Passport (First Page, Last Page and all non-blank pages)
- Copy of Renewed Passport (First Page and Last Page)

Reactions: aparlik and h1b2pr

subbusubani

May 28, 2020
@legalfalcon
I just received GCMS notes and i see that

Test Officers review - FOSS/GCMS history - NAI No Apparent A35/A37 Concerns

What does this means ?

All stages are passed and waiting for final decision - AOR - Nov 10 Inland

aparlik

Jun 12, 2020
Yes Please renew your passport at the earliest and once you receive renewed passport then you can send new passport to IRCC through web form.
I did the same in my case. In this way they will touch your file at least and may give some positive benefit. While sending through web form, consider the following -
- Copy of Expired Passport (First Page, Last Page and all non-blank pages)
- Copy of Renewed Passport (First Page and Last Page)
Thanks!

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
I'm seeing lot of folks from OCT-2019 AOR receiving PPRs. Anyone with Nov 2019 received today?
They all got remed request previously. I m confused whether they will issue ppr without remed or not. If not then we have a long way to go!
At least for me, as I didn’t get even a single update in my profile after dec 19, 2019, which is the biometric date.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I just received GCMS notes and i see that

Test Officers review - FOSS/GCMS history - NAI No Apparent A35/A37 Concerns

What does this means ?

All stages are passed and waiting for final decision - AOR - Nov 10 Inland
FOSS - The Field Operations Support System is the internal database that IRCC will search for any immigration applications, violation etc.
GCMS - Global Case management system, now used to process applications
NAI - No adverse information.

A35: Human or international rights violations

• 35 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of violating human or international rights for
    • (a) committing an act outside Canada that constitutes an offence referred to in sections 4 to 7 of the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act;
    • (b) being a prescribed senior official in the service of a government that, in the opinion of the Minister, engages or has engaged in terrorism, systematic or gross human rights violations, or genocide, a war crime or a crime against humanity within the meaning of subsections 6(3) to (5) of the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act;
    • (c) being a person, other than a permanent resident, whose entry into or stay in Canada is restricted pursuant to a decision, resolution or measure of an international organization of states or association of states, of which Canada is a member, that imposes sanctions on a country against which Canada has imposed or has agreed to impose sanctions in concert with that organization or association;
    • (d) being a person, other than a permanent resident, who is currently the subject of an order or regulation made under section 4 of the Special Economic Measures Act on the grounds that any of the circumstances described in paragraph 4(1.1)(c) or (d) of that Act has occurred; or
    • (e) being a person, other than a permanent resident, who is currently the subject of an order or regulation made under section 4 of the Justice for Victims of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act (Sergei Magnitsky Law).

A37: Organized criminality

• 37 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of organized criminality for
    • (a) being a member of an organization that is believed on reasonable grounds to be or to have been engaged in activity that is part of a pattern of criminal activity planned and organized by a number of persons acting in concert in furtherance of the commission of an offence punishable under an Act of Parliament by way of indictment, or in furtherance of the commission of an offence outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would constitute such an offence, or engaging in activity that is part of such a pattern; or
    • (b) engaging, in the context of transnational crime, in activities such as people smuggling, trafficking in persons or laundering of money or other proceeds of crime.
  • Marginal note:Application
    (2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not lead to a determination of inadmissibility by reason only of the fact that the permanent resident or foreign national entered Canada with the assistance of a person who is involved in organized criminal activity.