17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
To legalfalcon,
I am approved PR (express entry, FSW, outland, India) and got COPR on 29th Dec, 2020 and not allowed to enter Canada b'coz of travel restrictions. I have checked on IRCC website that those who got COPR after 18 March, 2020 are not allowed to enter Canada.

My question is if I get job offer letter from Canadian employer, can I get entry to Canada to do that work and become PR? As I have not yet landed in Canada because of travel restrictions and I am still approved PR, Can I get Job offer letter and if I get, Can I get entry to Canada?

Second question is as my visa will expire on 30th April, 2021, What to do extend my visa?

Please answer me about these questions

Thanks in advance..
A job offer by itself will not be sufficient, you will need to get a travel authorisation even if your have a job offer

You have to do nothing, if your COPR and PR visa expire, IRCC will re-open your file, to assess if your need re-meds and then after a final review, issue an updated COPR and PR visa or allow you to travel on expired COPR and PR visa.

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
A job offer by itself will not be sufficient, you will need to get a travel authorisation even if your have a job offer

You have to do nothing, if your COPR and PR visa expire, IRCC will re-open your file, to assess if your need re-meds and then after a final review, issue an updated COPR and PR visa or allow you to travel on expired COPR and PR visa.
Thank you very much..

Reactions: legalfalcon

Raji_k

Aug 24, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon Our application was approved since April 2020 as per GCMS notes and our medicals got expired in November. We have been thinking about starting a family since its been more dan a year. My question is whether I can go for remedical upfront without a request so dat even if they asked for remedicals later, my pregnancy won't delay the process. My husband can go for medical later if dey asked for it. Any response from other person will be appreciated. I am the main applicant and what document will be required for remedical

Sho_bha

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hey @legalfalcon Our application was approved since April 2020 as per GCMS notes and our medicals got expired in November. We have been thinking about starting a family since its been more dan a year. My question is whether I can go for remedical upfront without a request so dat even if they asked for remedicals later, my pregnancy won't delay the process. My husband can go for medical later if dey asked for it. Any response from other person will be appreciated. I am the main applicant and what document will be required for remedical
Yes you can give upfront medical. I have given mine in november . You would just need your ITA and passport.

Reactions: Raji_k

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Absolutely, you can give another medicals on your own and send the upfront sheet to IRCC. Your medicals will be assessed and will be valid for another year. You do not need to take any permission or wait form IRCC.

However, currently there are delays in medical processing, so do not expect immediate assessment of your new meds.

Reactions: Raji_k

Raji_k

Aug 24, 2020
Absolutely, you can give another medicals on your own and send the upfront sheet to IRCC. Your medicals will be assessed and will be valid for another year. You do not need to take any permission or wait form IRCC.

However, currently there are delays in medical processing, so do not expect immediate assessment of your new meds.
Thank you so much..I just wanted to go for upfront so dat my application will not be delayed even if dey asked it for later.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
@legalfalcon hi! I'm an immediate family member (spouse) of a Canadian citizen but I've applied under express entry (outland) and my application has been approved since April 2020. I want to apply for trv. Do I need an authorization letter ??

ThePatientApplicant

May 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,
I have been waiting for more than 15 months and I am inland CEC, eligibility recommended pass, criminality in progress security not started and medical expired since Nov 2020. Is there any legal action that I can take so IRCC has to make a final decision on my file? I just wanted a final desicion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi! I'm an immediate family member (spouse) of a Canadian citizen but I've applied under express entry (outland) and my application has been approved since April 2020. I want to apply for trv. Do I need an authorization letter ??
No you do not need a AL. You only need a TR visa / COPR and PR visa to travel

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

Immediate family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a
How to unite with your family member in Canada
You do not need a written authorization from us confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.
However, to board your flight to Canada, you must
  • follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
    • Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada.
  • tell the airline that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions
  • make sure you have a valid travel document (visitor visa or electronic travel authorization [eTA], if required) and a passport that is valid to come to Canada
  • present proof to show that you’re an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or Canadian permanent resident
  • show that you’re eligible to travelat this time
    • You must be able to provide evidence of one of the following:
      • You’ll stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
      • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Documents to use as proof that you’re an immediate family member
You must have 2 types of documents:
  • one that shows your immediate family member’s status as a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
  • one that shows your relationship to that family member
Documents that show the person’s Canadian citizenship, status under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident status
These documents include
  • a Canadian passport
  • proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a citizenship certificate, citizenship card, or provincial or territorial birth certificate
  • secure certificate of Indian status, certificate of Indian status or temporary confirmation of registration document (TCRD)
  • a Canadian permanent resident card
  • a Canadian permanent resident travel document
Documents that show your relationship to that person
Examples of documents include
  • a marriage certificate or proof of common-law status (documents showing a shared address)
  • a birth certificate
  • a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) for one of the following:
    • the family class (the COPR category under Application Details will be FC)
    • the one-year window of opportunity provision (coded OYW under Special Program)
  • other documents that show an immediate family connection, for example
    • correspondence from us showing a spousal sponsorship application in progress
    • documents that show a shared home address
Note: Paper and electronic copies of the documents above are accepted. The documents above are examples only. An officer may request or accept other documents, as needed.

Reactions: felicialiu

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I have been waiting for more than 15 months and I am inland CEC, eligibility recommended pass, criminality in progress security not started and medical expired since Nov 2020. Is there any legal action that I can take so IRCC has to make a final decision on my file? I just wanted a final desicion.
If there has been an inordinate delay then writ of mandamus can be filed before the Federal Court asking the court to compel the Minister of Immigration to make a decision on your file. However, each case is different and based on individual circumstances which would determine if the case would succeed or not. You will have to contact a lawyer yo have your case assessed and see whether mandamus is the right option.

In the past some applicants who were waiting due to security screening have successfully requested mandamus from federal courts.

You can read more on mandamus on this CBA article https://www.cba.org/cba/cle/pdf/Bellissimo.pdf

Also, you can read more on mandamus cases

https://canlii.ca/t/j1vrp
https://canlii.ca/t/jbk59

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Yes you can give upfront medical. I have given mine in november . You would just need your ITA and passport.
I’m contemplating about the same. My case as per GCMS notes is approved in March 2020. As of now, I have not got any re medical request. We are actually in USA, but now my wife and kid are in India for vacation.

Medical is cheaper to do in India as compared to USA. What is the process to do medical without IRCC asking for it? What documents are needed. If you have done medical recently, can you pls guide on the process.

Reactions: slashmaybe

Vak2422

Jun 5, 2020
Hi All,

Does anyone received CoPR details recently in there online application profile? What we should do next? Does anyone have any specific details regarding the same? Thank You in Advance.

kevinstu123

Jan 14, 2021
hi @legalfalcon
Received my Indian passport back with CoPR and Immigration Visa stamp on 2021-Feb-27. Had submitted my passport on 2020-Dec-19 to Ottawa office.
What are the next steps to follow? I am in USA. I want to get PR card with SIN, OHIP, Driving License etc.
Somehow, apply for SIN, OHIP, PR card, driving License and then come back to USA; while those are being processed by the govt. In an extended fashion there due to COVID delays.
Any pointers? Appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon
Received my Indian passport back with CoPR and Immigration Visa stamp on 2021-Feb-27. Had submitted my passport on 2020-Dec-19 to Ottawa office.
What are the next steps to follow? I am in USA. I want to get PR card with SIN, OHIP, Driving License etc.
Somehow, apply for SIN, OHIP, PR card, driving License and then come back to USA; while those are being processed by the govt. In an extended fashion there due to COVID delays.
Any pointers? Appreciated.
If you are a resident of the US, you can travel to Canada and land as a PR. Once done, you can then apply for SIN online, and OHIP and Driver's licences at Service Ontario. You can do these online. The service times are longer than usual due to COVID, but not too significant and will depend on the location where you are at. Driver's license is is usually granted immediately if you are converting it from a US license to a Canadian license.

You will need a Canadian address where OHIP will be shipped and a proof of address.