+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

AkshayD

Dec 18, 2019
You can add your spouse anytime to your application before you land. After you marry, you can send a webform and inform IRCC. IRCC will send you some forms and ask for the following documents:

I raised a webform and I got the following reply

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

• A new IMM00008
  • (If applicable) A new IMM 5669
  • (If applicable) A new IMM 0008DEP
and
  • The add-on request including:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.

I have the following questions

1. Should I fill the forms download them and mail the hard copies to Edmonton office?
2. Can we fill the documents online and submit them through a webform?
3. Where should I pay the additional fees required to process my wife's application?
4. Which on the above mentioned forms should I fill?
5. In the IRCC portal I don't see an option to upload documents or pay the application fee.
6. Does it mean Edmonton is processing my application?

Please help me

Thanks in advance!

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Nov 2019 AOR Outland, Medicals Expired Nov 25, 2020.

I had raised a web form on Dec 18 2020 but I have not got a response yet.
However I called IRCC and spoke with the operative, and he told me my Medicals were extended on Sept 2020 till March 31st, 2021 ie for a period of 6 months. Now that's good news as I won't have to do medicals again. Any idea @legalfalcon if IRCC extends medicals twice or will they hopefully process my application before the medicals expire again?
Also, the progress bar has disappeared from my account page. And the new dates for the medicals were not updated on my account either.
Does ur gckey shows changes in ur medical section?? Like u do not need a medical right now??

Last edited:

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hey Vipin, pretty much in the same boat as you are. Can you help me out with how you called IRCC? As in -- which service and what time of the day
So my girlfriend who is in Toronto called IRCC at 18882422100 around 7:00 PM IST. Since there was a hold time of 23 minutes, she chose a callback option and received a call from them. After that, she looped me in via conference after taking permission from the operative to do so.

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Does ur gckey shows changes in ur medical section?? Like u do not need a medical right now??
No nothing, it has not changed since the first time it was updated. Which was Dec 3, 2019, You passed the medicals. That's why I raised the web form and got to know once I called them that it was already extended to March 31st, 2021, even though it was not updated on my account page.

Reactions: felicialiu

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I raised a webform and I got the following reply

I have the following questions

1. Should I fill the forms download them and mail the hard copies to Edmonton office?
2. Can we fill the documents online and submit them through a webform?
3. Where should I pay the additional fees required to process my wife's application?
4. Which on the above mentioned forms should I fill?
5. In the IRCC portal I don't see an option to upload documents or pay the application fee.
6. Does it mean Edmonton is processing my application?

Please help me

Thanks in advance!
1. If you submitted your application electronically, you will have to submit the forms via webform.

2. yes

3. Pay your fee using this link and send the receipt along with your documents. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

4. You have to fill all.

5. The portal is only to submit the documents along with the application. You will now have to send the documents via webform.

6. yes.

anki_t90

Oct 13, 2019
@legalfalcon Outland Federal Express Entry route. Indian citizen. In USA.
"Ready for Visa" email received 2020-Dec-8
IRCC received passports 2020-Dec-23 (Ottawa location)
Any idea when to reasonably expect passports back? Getting worried a little as of today (2021-Jan-15).
Any help appreciated.
Hi, same for me (although i am in India), IRCC recieved my passport on 22nd dec and i haven't
recieved any update since then from them.

golu_molu

Nov 20, 2020
@legalfalcon Outland Federal Express Entry route. Indian citizen. In USA.
"Ready for Visa" email received 2020-Dec-8
IRCC received passports 2020-Dec-23 (Ottawa location)
Any idea when to reasonably expect passports back? Getting worried a little as of today (2021-Jan-15).
Any help appreciated.
Please send an email to their Ottawa office. An email address may be written in the RFV Email.
I received my passport back within 10 days. I sent it through FedEx Priority Service.

kevinstu123

Jan 14, 2021
Please send an email to their Ottawa office. An email address may be written in the RFV Email.
I received my passport back within 10 days. I sent it through FedEx Priority Service.
Thanks for the response. When were your passports received by IRCC? And then when did you receive back?
Also, are you saying you got your passport back only after sending email?
As legalfalcon points out, this delay might be a function of staffing issues, holidays at end of 2020 and now lockdown in Ontario.

Last edited:

AkshayD

Dec 18, 2019
1. If you submitted your application electronically, you will have to submit the forms via webform.

2. yes

3. Pay your fee using this link and send the receipt along with your documents. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

4. You have to fill all.

5. The portal is only to submit the documents along with the application. You will now have to send the documents via webform.

6. yes.
@legalfalcon Thank you very much for you reply.

I just have another question related to the process: Once I submit the required forms, marriage certificate, birth certificate and payment receipts, will IRCC ask us to give biometrics, medicals and PCC later?
I guess we need official letter from IRCC to get biometrics, medicals or PCC right?

Thanks in Advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you very much for you reply.

I just have another question related to the process: Once I submit the required forms, marriage certificate, birth certificate and payment receipts, will IRCC ask us to give biometrics, medicals and PCC later?
I guess we need official letter from IRCC to get biometrics, medicals or PCC right?

Thanks in Advance.

You can provide upfront medicals and PCC now. For biometrics you will be sent a letter on your portal.

kkaur13

Mar 17, 2020
@legalfalcon
hi sir, i need some help from you again.
Actually i just received ADR request to add my spouse in my already existing PR application, i have a question regarding Proof of funds:-
At the time of my PR application which was in Nov-2019 i submitted Bankers confirmation letter for FDR's on my name for approx INR 7.90 Lakhs, now i want to add my husband and we need additional funds of approx 2 lakhs INR. My husband has an FDR on his name worth Rs 5 lakhs. So, i want to ask that we can submit the Bankers confirmation this time for his FDR only to fulfil the additional funds requirement or i need to get Bankers confirmation again from my Bank also for my already existing FDR's which i submitted before with my PR application also?
If in case my Bankers confirmation is also required again, then will it be fine if my marital status is not updated in bank?
If it is fine then we can submit two Bankers confirmation letters one on his name and one on my name
Thanks for your help in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
hi sir, i need some help from you again.
Actually i just received ADR request to add my spouse in my already existing PR application, i have a question regarding Proof of funds:-
At the time of my PR application which was in Nov-2019 i submitted Bankers confirmation letter for FDR's on my name for approx INR 7.90 Lakhs, now i want to add my husband and we need additional funds of approx 2 lakhs INR. My husband has an FDR on his name worth Rs 5 lakhs. So, i want to ask that we can submit the Bankers confirmation this time for his FDR only to fulfil the additional funds requirement or i need to get Bankers confirmation again from my Bank also for my already existing FDR's which i submitted before with my PR application also?
If in case my Bankers confirmation is also required again, then will it be fine if my marital status is not updated in bank?
If it is fine then we can submit two Bankers confirmation letters one on his name and one on my name
Thanks for your help in advance
You can send the documents you sent before and additional documents to support the new funds.

Showing funds held in joint accounts and spouse’s accounts
If an applicant’s spouse is accompanying, the applicant can show the funds held together in a joint account to meet the PoF requirement. However, to be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Similarly, if an applicant has a joint account with their parent, then the parent will have to execute an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the joint account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

See https://bit.ly/3bQEB92

Reactions: kkaur13

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Status bar of 100 % completed came up again with nothing new
Same thing. It disappeared and reappeared now.

I had raised a webform on Dec 18th, 2020 to check my application and medicals status, and below is the generic response I got yesterday.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that everything appears to be in order with the application.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
I just spoke to an agent about my application and all I heard is Pandemic this- Pandemic that. If that's grealty affecting them why they're still intaking thousands of new application and to top that off they're even starting new programs (Of course because it brings money). The most bullshit and ridiculous agency I've ever seen. Should have applied for NZ or AU instead of wasting all that money on application fees, lawyers, ielts exams and over 1.5 years of my life.
Does anyone here knows how to contact a higher authority so that I can ask them why their visa officer can't do a simple 15 minute job of sending a finalization email over the span of 6 months?
I ask the agent about it and told her to provide me a logical response but all I heard was she fumbling with words and fill out a webform. We all know that webform is lamer and all I'm gonna get is one of their generic patheic-ness.
unfortunately, there is not much you can do in this situation, there are applicants here waiting since Oct 2019 with there application finalised but still waiting for COPR. The only strongest tool you and we have is patience in addition to raising webforms etc etc ...

Reactions: intezar2020