+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Dear all,

I've got a couple of question to ask. I've lately received my COPR and visa to immigrate to Canada under PNP program.
My COPR was approved on October. The visa deadline is April, 15th 2021.

My first question is: Will I be subject to any travel restrictions if I travel on late February or beginning of March?
Second: How long does it take to receive the PR card after landing in Canada?
Third: Do I have to land in the province that nominated me or can I spend few days in Quebec for example before flying to that province?

Very thankful for your advices & answers!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and everybody else!
Our first child was born 2 days ago (Nov 6th).
I have 2 quick questions related to that fact:

1. I wanted to let IRCC know about our baby through the web form. Is there any special document that I should upload with my email? I wanted to attach a scan of her temporary health card.
2. On the same day (this is a bit crazy), which is Nov 6th - I received the first email from IRCC since April 2020. Turns out they have finally approved our medicals (they expired earlier this year, during the process), and requested 2 additonal documents (imm5669e for both me and my wife). What should I do first? Send a webform letting them know we now have a dependant or upload the imm5669e forms?

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions!
(I am CEC, inland, AOR - Nov 9, 2019)
Congratulations on becoming parents.

1. You only have to inform that your family composition has changed and you would like to add a new born to your application. IRCC will send you the required forms.

2. Send the documents requested and then send the webform to add your child. You will need a birth certificate for the child, a passport and medicals. So start the process to obtain them.

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Congratulations on becoming parents.

1. You only have to inform that your family composition has changed and you would like to add a new born to your application. IRCC will send you the required forms.

2. Send the documents requested and then send the webform to add your child. You will need a birth certificate for the child, a passport and medicals. So start the process to obtain them.
Hi @legalfalcon,
thanks very much as always!
As for your second answer - I just wanted to add that the baby was born here in Canada and (I assume) is a Canadian citizien.
Does that mean we will still need to obtain the medicals for her?
Best regards,
Bilybongosky.

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,
As for your second answer - I just wanted to add that the baby was born here in Canada and (I assume) is a Canadian citizen.
Best regards,
Bilybongosky.
Hi @Bilybongosky mine is similar case. we just need to inform them about the birth of the child. By the time i raised web form I already had her birth certificate (patronage was established in the birth certificate) so sent the same through webform. And that's all. In the subsequent GCMS notes, I could see the child getting added to the family. The child doesn't need medical. At least I am not being told so. The GCMS notes read as below

Text: ***Birth of Child***Email Received via call center With Birth Certificate for Canadian Born Child. No Action Required as Patronage listed on Birth Certificate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bilybongosky

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
As for your second answer - I just wanted to add that the baby was born here in Canada and (I assume) is a Canadian citizien.
Best regards,
Bilybongosky.
If your baby was born in Canada, then the baby is a Canadian Citizen. You just have to inform IRCC and let them know that you baby is a Canadian Citizen. You will not be asked to fill in any forms.

Reactions: Bilybongosky

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
In my GCMS notes, the final decision is approved, there is also a counterfoil number already but under COPR section, it says:
Has ever been charged/convicted of a crime or offence or refused admission to Canada?:
Has any DEPs other than those listed on this App?
Surveillance Code: 1
Loan Warrant #:
Transportation #:
User Remarks: CB-OVS

Does it the same for you guys too? @legalfalcon if you can comment on it, please? Thanks

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Dear all,

I've got a couple of question to ask. I've lately received my COPR and visa to immigrate to Canada under PNP program.
My COPR was approved on October. The visa deadline is April, 15th 2021.

My first question is: Will I be subject to any travel restrictions if I travel on late February or beginning of March?
Second: How long does it take to receive the PR card after landing in Canada?
Third: Do I have to land in the province that nominated me or can I spend few days in Quebec for example before flying to that province?

Very thankful for your advices & answers!

Can somebody please answer my questions?
Thanks a lot!

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Can somebody please answer my questions?
Thanks a lot!
If you have any immediate or extended family member or you’re an immigrant working in healthcare services that could support Canadian public health on fighting pandemic then you might be exempted from travel restriction.

Since Canada government requires immediate quarantine for 14 days right after arriving at Canada so I don’t think you can do something like landing at province other than the desired one

Deepaj

Jan 22, 2019
@legalfalcon i recently got my PPR(resident of Ireland) from the London VO but travelled to a different country(India) & will be in India till January. I have informed them of the change of my mailing address as they instructed me in the "ready for visa" mail. I send mail to LondonVO office, raised webforms multiple times & still haven't gotten any replies from any of them. Its been 4 weeks already. What do I do now & how do i submit my passport? Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , do i need to redo my pcc? Am from india. Last time i did pcc in November 2019, do i have to do it again ?
No, the PCCs have to be valid only when you submit your application. A PCC that meets the following is valid:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18

IRCC can ask for a new PCC during the processing, but unless it is asked, you do not have to provide one.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i recently got my PPR(resident of Ireland) from the London VO but travelled to a different country(India) & will be in India till January. I have informed them of the change of my mailing address as they instructed me in the "ready for visa" mail. I send mail to LondonVO office, raised webforms multiple times & still haven't gotten any replies from any of them. Its been 4 weeks already. What do I do now & how do i submit my passport? Thanks in advance.
IRCC is sluggish and many offices are working with a very reduced capacity. You will have to send the webform again or just wait for the new instructions.