+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

rovar473

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi,

I just received my GCMS. It shows last month they have extended my medicals to 22-Nov-2021

My medicals were supposed to expire on Oct-23-2020. Thankfully they extended it. But my express entry profile hasn't changed and shows the same old details.

#Application details:
AOR: 15-Nov-2019
Category- PNP Outland
Country of residence- USA
Eligibility, Security, and Criminality- Passed
Final decision- Pending

Thanks
I called CIC today and the agent said my medical is extended till Oct 2021, however in the application its still showing the old date.
She said it may not reflect immediately in the online profile.

Reactions: Olu.wa.se.un

swathy1213

Jan 25, 2019
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Centralized Intake Office,NS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2020
I called CIC today and the agent said my medical is extended till Oct 2021, however in the application its still showing the old date.
She said it may not reflect immediately in the online profile.
Thank you for letting me know. :)

Reactions: rovar473

anz2468

Nov 5, 2019
Please ignore this link. I'm talking about reality....

I and over 100 cases I know were judged by date of medical exam.

I say this because I know it's 99.9% accurate in reality.

You could start your survey by simply asking anyone who gets an extension their AOR and the date they took their medical exam or ask people with COPR about the validity of their visa. If you do this survey, you'll find out that COPR is valid till around date of medical exam and not when medical was passed.
It's true in my case. Per GCMS, the COPR is valid till Dec 13 which is 2 weeks before the expiration of the medical exam. However, I don't know if they plan to release the COPR before Dec 13.

Reactions: Fantastica

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I'm sorry but this isn't correct. Medical expiration is close to date of medical exam and not medical pass date. This is reality from several GCMS notes including mine and from those who have received medical extension and remedical request.
This is exactly what the law states and you are too saying the same thing.

"from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer"

This is the date when your medicals were assessed by the medical officer, who made a determination on it.

The link you have provided, also states the same,

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

"Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

You could start your survey by simply asking anyone who gets an extension their AOR and the date they took their medical exam or ask people with COPR about the validity of their visa. If you do this survey, you'll find out that COPR is valid till around date of medical exam and not when medical was passed.
Immigration is law, and everything else is speculation or a recommendation. If there are any disputes on the validity of the medical date, IRPA and the regulations will be looked into and not a survey.

However, at the end it is your application and you are the best judge of interpreting the law that you feel worse and suits best for you.

Reactions: MFA2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I received my GCMC notes. Which section I should refer to check the key notes from the GCMC. Thank you in advance.
The three simple steps to read your GCMS notes:

1. Verify that they are your notes by checking your application number, your name and date of birth on page 1.

2. See page 2 for the assessments. This is the overview of your application stages. To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/35xhKw6

3. Then flip to the last 3-5 pages, this is where the notes entered by the immigration officers are and will provide you with the details.

Once done, you will have a clear grip of your application and then you can read in details about the assessments and calculations and the incoming and outgoing documents which will be in the middle of your notes.

To see if your eligibility is passed, see my post on it at #2,521

To read on security, which starts after eligibility is conclusively passed, see https://bit.ly/3im44qm

Reactions: Vak2422

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

We were discussing about medical validity not COPR. I am not sure about COPR but the two medicals I got the validities were one day before the pass dates.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
This is exactly what the law states and you are too saying the same thing.

"from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer"

This is the date when your medicals were assessed by the medical officer, who made a determination on it.

The link you have provided, also states the same,
This "from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer" actually means the date when we went to give our medical exam and our med was assessed by a med officer or panel physician.

I gave my medical on Oct 23, 2019 and acc to my gcms it expires on Oct 24, 2020 even though my medical pass date is in dec. So what @Fantastica said is true.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Yes this says "Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff". Our medical exam is done by panel physicians or a medical officer and their staff on the day we go and give our med exam and then they send our reports to ircc. So it's valid from the day we gave our med and not the time when it showed passed on our profile.

David_goCA

Sep 15, 2020
Yes this says "Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff". Our medical exam is done by panel physicians or a medical officer and their staff on the day we go and give our med exam and then they send our reports to ircc. So it's valid from the day we gave our med and not the time when it showed passed on our profile.
You are absolutely correct. The expiry date also appears in GCMS notes.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
We were discussing about medical validity not COPR. I am not sure about COPR but the two medicals I got the validities were one day before the pass dates.
Validity of your COPR is tied to your medical validity.

Good the above posts have confirmed what I said.

I'm Feb AOR and medical was passed in Feb but my COPR and medical expires in November which was when I took my medical exam

Reactions: Djsingh44

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
You are absolutely correct.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@Fantastica @daveishan @felicialiu

There is too much confusion and incorrect information that is being circulated. To put the controversy at rest, here is my take on the entire issue:

The details of how the medicals are done and validity is stated at this link:

The term medical officer or delegated staff DOES NOT mean the panel physician. This is amply clear from the manual where it is stated:

IRCC’s migration officials and medical officers regularly consult each other on how many panel members are needed in a given location.
Further:

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant’s medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.
As the panel physician, you are never required to decide on a course of treatment or additional tests. Once you submit the applicant’s IME, a medical officer working with your RMO will decide if additional tests are required and notify you through eMedical.
here RMO stands for regional medical office.

More information on RMO and Medical officers is available at this Evaluation of the Health Screening and Notification Program

The above link states:

Health screening
As part of the health screening component, foreign nationals have their health assessed via an immigration medical examination (IME), which is performed by panel physicians who are designated by CIC. CIC medical officers and/or delegated staff located in CIC regional medical offices (RMO) use the results of the IME and conduct an immigration medical assessment (IMA) to determine whether an applicant is inadmissible to Canada based on three grounds outlined in IRPA, section 38(1) (a)-(c)
Health Screening Component
As part of the health screening component, foreign nationals have their health assessed via an immigration medical examination (IME), which is performed by panel physiciansFootnote 10 who are designated by CIC. An IME includes: a review of an applicant’s medical history, a mental examination, a physical examination, laboratory and diagnostic testsFootnote 11, and an assessment of the applicant’s medical records. A panel physician may also conduct other medical investigations or order additional specialized tests (i.e., furtherance) as necessary to complete the IME.

The results of the IME are entered into eMedicalFootnote 12, which are then uploaded into CIC’s Global Case Management System (GCMS). CIC medical officers and/or delegated staff located in CIC regional medical offices (RMO) use the results of the IME and conduct an immigration medical assessment (IMA) to determine whether an applicant is inadmissible to Canada based on the three grounds outlined in IRPA, section 38(1) (a)-(c):

• Danger to public health: considers a foreign national’s...... considered dangers to public health.
  • Danger to public safety: considers a ...., sociopathic disorders).
  • Excessive demand ...... permanent residents (PRs).
Subsequently, medical officers then enter the IMA results into GCMS and visa officers use those results to assess health admissibility.
Most panel physicians will transmit the medical report via e-medical the same day all tests are in. For example, if you visit a panel physician on October 1, 2020, you medical report will be completed and prepared within 3-7 days, based on how early the serology report comes back, and the radiologist gives his opinion on the chest x-ray. Some panel physicians will complete the report in-house and may be completed the same day itself. Other panel physicians may have to work with labs and on call radiologist, which may take a few days before the report is complete. Most panel physicians will transmit the medical report the same day it is prepared. Since most reports are clear, with no complications, they are reviewed and assessed by the Medical Officer or a delegated staff at the IRCC RMO, the same day and the report is allocated an assessment code.

• Admissible codes (M1, M2 and M3)
  • Excessive demand exempt code (M19, M29 and M39)
  • Inadmissible codes (M4, M5 and M6)
  • Surveillance codes (S1, S2.01, S2.02 and S2.02U)

However, after the assessment it may take some time for the report to be added to your file or be reflected on the MyCIC account because the IRCC officer, or an analyst / assistant who is dealing with your file will have to update it in GCMS and it will be updated effective the date when the assessment by the Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff.

Panel Physician and Medical Officer are separate. The GCMS notes has the date when your medicals were assessed by the Medical officer and that date is reflected in the GCMS notes.

The medicals are valid for 12 months from the day they are assessed by the Medical officer as mentioned in the link above. The medicals are valid for 12 months. They have to be valid when you submit your application and also be valid when you land. IRCC cannot give you a PRV beyond the medical expiry date. When the officer is of the view that the medicals may expire before the applicant enter's Canada, or if there is not much time left in the validity of the medicals, and the medicals is the only thing remaining before the officer makes a final decision, then the officer can ask for re-assesment of the medicals form the Medical officer, which can provide a extension of additional 12 months.

An old bulletin describes this procedure, but it expired on May 24, 2012.

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant’s medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html - EXPIRED May 24, 2012

A more recent bulletin must have been issued and the IRCC twitter handle mentions it in one of its recent replies:

Finally, if in doubt, please consult the IRPA, regulations, operation bulletins, manuals and federal court cases. Immigration is law and not speculation. Everything is clearly written in law and the regs based on which filed are processed.

At the end, it is your application, and you know what is best for your application. The information above is from IRCC with the links provided. If you still disagree, you have all right to, and this is not a court of law, but just a discussion forum, and neither is my agenda to convince you.

If you find this information useful, that is great. If not, then you can make your own judgment based on what you feel is correct.

Last edited: