+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

DoAndo

Aug 2, 2019
Someone just sent me this, it looks like Canada are putting in place quarantine hotels, these might end up being used to PR applicants landing in Canada.

https://buyandsell.gc.ca/cds/public/2020/09/16/20659b7271164ad9984dc3f33b194f38/ABES.PROD.PW__ZL.B105.E38463.EBSU000.PDF
Interesting. If they decide to move forward with this it says in the document they foresee March 31 2021 as a date for contract award. So this would mean nothing significant is happening till then!

Reactions: Olu.wa.se.un

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
@Fantastica @daveishan @felicialiu

There is too much confusion and incorrect information that is being circulated. To put the controversy at rest, here is my take on the entire issue:

The details of how the medicals are done and validity is stated at this link:

The term medical officer or delegated staff DOES NOT mean the panel physician. This is amply clear from the manual where it is stated:

Further:

here RMO stands for regional medical office.

More information on RMO and Medical officers is available at this Evaluation of the Health Screening and Notification Program

The above link states:

Most panel physicians will transmit the medical report via e-medical the same day all tests are in. For example, if you visit a panel physician on October 1, 2020, you medical report will be completed and prepared within 3-7 days, based on how early the serology report comes back, and the radiologist gives his opinion on the chest x-ray. Some panel physicians will complete the report in-house and may be completed the same day itself. Other panel physicians may have to work with labs and on call radiologist, which may take a few days before the report is complete. Most panel physicians will transmit the medical report the same day it is prepared. Since most reports are clear, with no complications, they are reviewed and assessed by the Medical Officer or a delegated staff at the IRCC RMO, the same day and the report is allocated an assessment code.

• Admissible codes (M1, M2 and M3)
  • Excessive demand exempt code (M19, M29 and M39)
  • Inadmissible codes (M4, M5 and M6)
  • Surveillance codes (S1, S2.01, S2.02 and S2.02U)

However, after the assessment it may take some time for the report to be added to your file or be reflected on the MyCIC account because the IRCC officer, or an analyst / assistant who is dealing with your file will have to update it in GCMS and it will be updated effective the date when the assessment by the Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff.

Panel Physician and Medical Officer are separate. The GCMS notes has the date when your medicals were assessed by the Medical officer and that date is reflected in the GCMS notes.

The medicals are valid for 12 months from the day they are assessed by the Medical officer as mentioned in the link above. The medicals are valid for 12 months. They have to be valid when you submit your application and also be valid when you land. IRCC cannot give you a PRV beyond the medical expiry date. When the officer is of the view that the medicals may expire before the applicant enter's Canada, or if there is not much time left in the validity of the medicals, and the medicals is the only thing remaining before the officer makes a final decision, then the officer can ask for re-assesment of the medicals form the Medical officer, which can provide a extension of additional 12 months.

An old bulletin describes this procedure, but it expired on May 24, 2012.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html - EXPIRED May 24, 2012

A more recent bulletin must have been issued and the IRCC twitter handle mentions it in one of its recent replies:

Finally, if in doubt, please consult the IRPA, regulations, operation bulletins, manuals and federal court cases. Immigration is law and not speculation. Everything is clearly written in law and the regs based on which filed are processed.

At the end, it is your application, and you know what is best for your application. The information above is from IRCC with the links provided. If you still disagree, you have all right to, and this is not a court of law, but just a discussion forum, and neither is my agenda to convince you.

If you find this information useful, that is great. If not, then you can make your own judgment based on what you feel is correct.

That's really comprehensive,

so what is the advice/suggestion then? in our case, the main applicant medical is expired but everything else is passed, main applicant medical is valid but criminality in process, shall the main applicant do the medical and resubmit?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@Fantastica @daveishan @felicialiu

There is too much confusion and incorrect information that is being circulated. To put the controversy at rest, here is my take on the entire issue:

The details of how the medicals are done and validity is stated at this link:

The term medical officer or delegated staff DOES NOT mean the panel physician. This is amply clear from the manual where it is stated:

Further:

here RMO stands for regional medical office.

More information on RMO and Medical officers is available at this Evaluation of the Health Screening and Notification Program

The above link states:

Most panel physicians will transmit the medical report via e-medical the same day all tests are in. For example, if you visit a panel physician on October 1, 2020, you medical report will be completed and prepared within 3-7 days, based on how early the serology report comes back, and the radiologist gives his opinion on the chest x-ray. Some panel physicians will complete the report in-house and may be completed the same day itself. Other panel physicians may have to work with labs and on call radiologist, which may take a few days before the report is complete. Most panel physicians will transmit the medical report the same day it is prepared. Since most reports are clear, with no complications, they are reviewed and assessed by the Medical Officer or a delegated staff at the IRCC RMO, the same day and the report is allocated an assessment code.

• Admissible codes (M1, M2 and M3)
  • Excessive demand exempt code (M19, M29 and M39)
  • Inadmissible codes (M4, M5 and M6)
  • Surveillance codes (S1, S2.01, S2.02 and S2.02U)

However, after the assessment it may take some time for the report to be added to your file or be reflected on the MyCIC account because the IRCC officer, or an analyst / assistant who is dealing with your file will have to update it in GCMS and it will be updated effective the date when the assessment by the Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff.

Panel Physician and Medical Officer are separate. The GCMS notes has the date when your medicals were assessed by the Medical officer and that date is reflected in the GCMS notes.

The medicals are valid for 12 months from the day they are assessed by the Medical officer as mentioned in the link above. The medicals are valid for 12 months. They have to be valid when you submit your application and also be valid when you land. IRCC cannot give you a PRV beyond the medical expiry date. When the officer is of the view that the medicals may expire before the applicant enter's Canada, or if there is not much time left in the validity of the medicals, and the medicals is the only thing remaining before the officer makes a final decision, then the officer can ask for re-assesment of the medicals form the Medical officer, which can provide a extension of additional 12 months.

An old bulletin describes this procedure, but it expired on May 24, 2012.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html - EXPIRED May 24, 2012

A more recent bulletin must have been issued and the IRCC twitter handle mentions it in one of its recent replies:

Finally, if in doubt, please consult the IRPA, regulations, operation bulletins, manuals and federal court cases. Immigration is law and not speculation. Everything is clearly written in law and the regs based on which filed are processed.

At the end, it is your application, and you know what is best for your application. The information above is from IRCC with the links provided. If you still disagree, you have all right to, and this is not a court of law, but just a discussion forum, and neither is my agenda to convince you.

If you find this information useful, that is great. If not, then you can make your own judgment based on what you feel is correct.
Thank you @legalfalcon

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
If you were asked for further medical, then your medical date could be different. Which buttresses my point

When did you take your last medical exam?
Your case isn't the regular occurrence.

The link you so quote was updated last in 2013. I'm talking about today's reality
I am too confused now. I just checked my GCMS notes and they indicate my validity for medical upto 22nd October. That's the day when I had all my further medical reports submitted to them after being asked for re-medical. But now with the above post of legalfalcon I have no idea what would be correct.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
That's really comprehensive,

so what is the advice/suggestion then? in our case, the main applicant medical is expired but everything else is passed, main applicant medical is valid but criminality in process, shall the main applicant do the medical and resubmit?
You can wait for IRCC to let you know if they will extend the medicals or you need a Re-med. Some applicants have go ahead and on their own accord re-done the medicals and submitted it.

However, before your application is approved, IRCC will ensure that your medicals are valid also when you land and this is why the PRvisa is not issued beyond the medical validity date.

If your medicals are expiring, as per the Twitter response posted in my post, which should very similar to the previous policy that expired, also posted in my post, IRCC can extend you medicals for an additional 12 months.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am too confused now. I just checked my GCMS notes and they indicate my validity for medical upto 22nd October. That's the day when I had all my further medical reports submitted to them after being asked for re-medical. But now with the above post of legalfalcon I have no idea what would be correct.
Really on your GCMS notes. If you did submit your medical on October 22, it is not surprising that you medical assessment may have taken place the same day.

See the last few paras of my post.

Reactions: haiderijaz

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Really on your GCMS notes. If you did submit your medical on October 22, it is not surprising that you medical assessment may have taken place the same day.

See the last few paras of my post.
Oh, I get it now! It means that medical pass date may be actually different than the day my medical was assessed by an officer! This resolves the confusion :) Thank you so much.

One more thing that is bothering me, I have my passport valid till 1st June 2021. Considering the Covid situation, should I get a new passport as my passport will be less than 6 months old on 2nd December 2020.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Oh, I get it now! It means that medical pass date may be actually different than the day my medical was assessed by an officer! This resolves the confusion :) Thank you so much.

One more thing that is bothering me, I have my passport valid till 1st June 2021. Considering the Covid situation, should I get a new passport as my passport will be less than 6 months old on 2nd December 2020.
IF your PP is expiring, you should get it renewed ASAP. This has two advantages. First, you will get the PRC to the max extent possible giving you flexibility to land as per your plans. And, second, you won't have to worry about getting it renewed when you arrive in Canada. There are many other things to to take care of.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
IF your PP is expiring, you should get it renewed ASAP. This has two advantages. First, you will get the PRC to the max extent possible giving you flexibility to land as per your plans. And, second, you won't have to worry about getting it renewed when you arrive in Canada. There are many other things to to take care of.
Will this be of any disadvantage? I mean will I need to update the new passport number anywhere?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Will this be of any disadvantage? I mean will I need to update the new passport number anywhere?
Once you have the new passport, just send the scan of the biographical pages to IRCC via webform.

There is no disadvantage and neither does this have any impact on the processing.

Reactions: haiderijaz

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Once you have the new passport, just send the scan of the biographical pages to IRCC via webform.

There is no disadvantage and neither does this have any impact on the processing.
Thank you so much. I'll do that.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
@legalfalcon thanks for help and answering the questions for all us here on this forum
My question is About our medical expires.
Is it expires after one year of the date/day when we got through the medical done.?
Or it is valid for year ahead from the date when the medical passed by the officer?
As for me my medical expired after 2 months of submission of my application. First it is passed and now it says medical examination needs to review.
Can you please make it clear I m so confused
Thanks again

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks for help and answering the questions for all us here on this forum
My question is About our medical expires.
Is it expires after one year of the date/day when we got through the medical done.?
Or it is valid for year ahead from the date when the medical passed by the officer?
As for me my medical expired after 2 months of submission of my application. First it is passed and now it says medical examination needs to review.
Can you please make it clear I m so confused
Thanks again
This was extensively debated in the last page. See my post #4,335

Reactions: Avleen sahota

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
My medical’s issuance date has already passed on 19th September. The ircc profile hasn’t updated a bit since dec 19 when my biomtrics was done. No news of medical re assessment or ppr or anything.