+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

enray

Jun 19, 2020
I'm a CEC-inland applicant who had to leave the country shortly after applying because my status expired. My visa office was originally Ottawa, but I was told by IRCC phone agents that it had been transferred to Edmonton. My AOR is November 19, 2019, and I received my PPR on March 3, 2020. I sent my passport copy and photos on March 6th and my application was approved on March 14th.

I didn't get any further updates until June 25th, when a table appeared on my CIC account page that had the details about my COPR document (which I had not received) including the expiration date of August 15th.

Got the following as an attachment from IRCC Etobicoke Landing Office today. Has anyone else received this letter while being outside of Canada? I'm curious as to what "additional information" I'll be sent that will allow me to travel to Canada.

"Dear ____________:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: [removed]@cic.gc.ca.

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
I just got an email from an officer in Etobicoke confirming that I am allowed to travel to Canada using the above COPR. He said that I can ignore the part about not entering Canada.

Reactions: Olu.wa.se.un

Daljeet1

Aug 2, 2019
If you have ben called for an interview, it could be anything form a general quality check or anything specific in your documents. Most interviews are just a general talk about your documents, and it is done within 15-20 minutes. If you submitted everything that is in order, you need not worry.

The GCMS notes are always redacted when an interview is recommended. This is because IRCC would not divulge the reasons for the interview beforehand.
The thing here is, many people are received Recommend Interview from NDVO but none of them have Misrepresentation header redacted, its only mine which is worry some. If they are co sidering the file under misrepresentation, will they comment under that header now or only after they get concrete proof of it

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi, I am an inland applicant I did submit PCC, they requested RCMP as I was in Canada for more than 6 months. The last update was no one has touched our file/seen the RCMP result, all it required was to review the RCMP certificate which highlights no convictions etc. What I noticed is recently our medicals were changed from passed to under review, my spouse medical was expired 2 months ago and they recently changed to review. From this, what I am making is that someone has reviewed our file specifically RCMP results (which was the only pending action rest all is passed) and realised that one applicant medical is expired hence they have changed to reviewed i.e. to review again and proceed. Not sure if this is correct assumptions ...
any idea/suggestion/thought ?

harish.subramanian03

Jun 15, 2020
So I got a call today from IRCC confirming my details but 3 hours now and no COPR mail yet. How much time does it take after the call assuming the call was the same confirmation call that others got?
Ok so 2 weeks but still no copr. I got my 3rd gcms notes this Friday and it has an officer note stating approved and rfv. The final status is also approved. What is surprising is that this status is as of 30th June. More than a month and still nothing. Do you guys know what rfv means?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The thing here is, many people are received Recommend Interview from NDVO but none of them have Misrepresentation header redacted, its only mine which is worry some. If they are co sidering the file under misrepresentation, will they comment under that header now or only after they get concrete proof of it
Usually when there is a case of misrepresentation a procedural fairness letter is issued. However, since you have been called for an interview, that could also be to finalise your application.

Daljeet1

Aug 2, 2019
Usually when there is a case of misrepresentation a procedural fairness letter is issued. However, since you have been called for an interview, that could also be to finalise your application.
So you mean to say I dont have to be worrying about they considering my application under misrepresentation? The officer worked on them on May 5th amd redacted their notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So you mean to say I dont have to be worrying about they considering my application under misrepresentation? The officer worked on them on May 5th amd redacted their notes.
I can only let you know what is available from the notes, which are redacted. I cannot speculate. As mentioned before, if all your documents that you submitted are genuine, then you need not worry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
any idea/suggestion/thought ?
If your medical status has changed, and medicals of one of the dependent members in the application has indeed expired, then your assumption is correct. The officer will make a determination on whether to renew the meds or ask for reads and the status will go back to not required.

If your eligibility is passed, then you need not worry.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
If your medical status has changed, and medicals of one of the dependent members in the application has indeed expired, then your assumption is correct. The officer will make a determination on whether to renew the meds or ask for reads and the status will go back to not required.

If your eligibility is passed, then you need not worry.
Appreciate your response, just wanted to know that our approval is on our way i.e. the med of dependent was expired 3 months ago and it's just last week the medical is gone to review, am I ok to assume that someone has just looked now because they want to finalise the application (provided all stages were passed except dependent criminality for which RCMP was submitted 3 month ago)

Reactions: Harmanharbhajan

pvatsa

Jul 22, 2020
Is there anyone NOV AOR from the US but not US citizen?
Hi there! Yeas I am. Nov 15 AOR based out of US, an Indian Citizen.
As per the GCMS notes, the application got approved in Feb but CoPR went in queue for printing. Have been waiting since then.

enray

Jun 19, 2020
I just got an email from an officer in Etobicoke confirming that I am allowed to travel to Canada using the above COPR. He said that I can ignore the part about not entering Canada.
I noticed later in the day on my CIC account that the status of my COPR doc had changed to "invalid," so I called the IRCC helpline, who told me that someone at the Etobicoke office had cancelled my COPR. The IRCC agent said he put in an "urgent request" to the Etobicoke office to get clarification.

Has anyone had their COPR cancelled for no reason? It wasn't supposed to expire until August 15th.