+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
I also have the same issue. All are passed and the security is not initiated. VO - Ottawa. In the whatsap group, there are more people with this status. It's annoying, they are working and passing on security but not for us. @legalfalcon any feedback here, What could be the reason our security still appearing as not started?? already crossed 6 months. Ordered GCMS in March, received an extension, ordered again this month and waiting for the notes.
@legalfalcon need your expert advice on what to do in my case? IRCC is processing applications, and not sure why security for few including myself has not started.

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
All documents especially the english exam , are valid when the application is submitted. my friend's celpip will expire on july and mine is on october this year. that is why he is worried if she needs to take a new one espcially in this covid scenario that it is not easy to book for english exam. I also read some threads that there are some application that got refused because of expired english test (Express entry applicants most of them). I hope the rule was not the same on paper-based applicants like us.
Here's the official statement. Refer to the text underlined below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

How long language test results are valid for
Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.
If you’ve been invited to apply for permanent residence
Check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply.
If you haven’t been invited to apply for permanent residence
You may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you’ll be in the pool.
If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:
  • be tested again or
  • apply before your test results expire or
  • decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future
If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we’ll refuse your application.

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
A few months ago when I called the agent said that my security had started but that it continues to show as "not started" until it's completed.
Yes I am aware of that, but the point is why others are getting their security completed and not us. That is the only concern I have

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
All documents especially the english exam , are valid when the application is submitted. my friend's celpip will expire on july and mine is on october this year. that is why he is worried if she needs to take a new one espcially in this covid scenario that it is not easy to book for english exam. I also read some threads that there are some application that got refused because of expired english test (Express entry applicants most of them). I hope the rule was not the same on paper-based applicants like us.
The exam needs to be valid at the time of application submission. After that, it does not matter, and no you don't need to sit for it for your ongoing application. Thank god!

Reactions: ipaykwai

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon need your expert advice on what to do in my case? IRCC is processing applications, and not sure why security for few including myself has not started.
The security starts only after the eligibility is marked passed by an officer. Also, in your GCMS notes if your security has started the status will be redacted.

FORGODSAKE

May 24, 2020
Hi,everyone!

EE BCPNP- inland

here is my time line:
AOR 14-Nov-2019
MP 05-Dec-2019
ADR (T4, NOA, bank statement to show paycheck deposits.) 30-Apr-2020
No update since then.

I m very anxious cuz my case was supposed to be completed on 14-May-2020 which is within 6 months.

now I added ADR, I guess everything gonna be delayed... I don’t know how long it will take.

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Hi,

I got reply yesterday

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Can anyone let me know when they will send ppr request email.
since your application is outland and paperbased (non-EE). Braced yourself for the waiting game. if you will refer to cic website, processing times for PR application (non-EE) takes 18 months, earlier or later on that timeframe.

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Here's the official statement. Refer to the text underlined below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

How long language test results are valid for
Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.
If you’ve been invited to apply for permanent residence
Check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply.
If you haven’t been invited to apply for permanent residence
You may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you’ll be in the pool.
If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:
  • be tested again or
  • apply before your test results expire or
  • decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future
If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we’ll refuse your application.
Yes. The English Test still valid when the application for PR is submitted. What I mean is during or while the application is in progress, the English Test expires, not before submission. and our application is not express entry. Thanks. :)

sukhvirsingh

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
My online portal showed my application was approved on May 22, 2020. However I have not gotten the email for copr although I havr thr copr number and expiry date which is August 13, 2020
Congratulations!
Do you have any idea what time they can call?
Can you just confirm what is your AOR?

libyano

Sep 1, 2016
My online portal showed my application was approved on May 22, 2020. However I have not gotten the email for copr although I havr thr copr number and expiry date which is August 13, 2020
Congrats

May I ask when was your AOR? and are you in-land applicant or out-land?