+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
My AOR is 9-Nov, I called IRCC and the agent informed that all of the assessments are done and passed except Security which shows not started. 6 Months is expiring in a day. The agent told that by now the application should have been finalized however due to COVID-19, there might be delayed. My question is, what exactly is done under security verifications and how long usually take? I am an FSW-O applicant, with a few international visits for vacations.

avtarsaggu

Feb 6, 2019
India
I've just received this answer from Webform.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
· All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

AOR Nov 27
MED Dec 12
ADR Mar 11

What's next?

Rod
Hi, Can you share what documents they have asked for in ADR.

Last edited:

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
My AOR is 9-Nov, I called IRCC and the agent informed that all of the assessments are done and passed except Security which shows not started. 6 Months is expiring in a day. The agent told that by now the application should have been finalized however due to COVID-19, there might be delayed. My question is, what exactly is done under security verifications and how long usually take? I am an FSW-O applicant, with a few international visits for vacations.
Hi ... thanks for sharing
Do you mind sharing the phone number you used to call? You called them from outside Canada, correct?
I am not able to phone call them from abroad.

anki_t90

Oct 13, 2019
Hi All, I raised a webform and received a standard email reply template from New Delhi Visa Office, India. I am an Indian resident my AOR is Nov 15th. I am soon going to complete the 6 month mark and was curious to know my application status. My biometric was done in Jan 2020 2nd week. Any idea if the Visa office is still working despite the lockdown? As per the website it doesnt seem to be open yet.
Hi Tash_z,

My timelines are quite similar to yours. I was trying to raise a webform but it asks me for my visa office, i have no idea about that. Can you please tell how you did you get that detail.

Thanks

avtarsaggu

Feb 6, 2019
India
Hi Tash_z,

My timelines are quite similar to yours. I was trying to raise a webform but it asks me for my visa office, i have no idea about that. Can you please tell how you did you get that detail.

Thanks
Hi, select NO for Question: Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? (as you don't know where your file actually is)

Reactions: anki_t90

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I was told by an agent when I called a few month back that security is shown as "not started" until it is completed. In other words, it may be started, but the people at the call centers won't know, and it won't show up in our profiles as having started. Because it can vary depending on the countries you've been to, the length of this process can also vary from applicant to applicant. So it may in fact have been started. You just won't know until it's completed.

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Reactions: jsidhu1

rg_1234

Oct 7, 2019
I tried to set up text now on my phone to call IRCC but no area code is available.

Can anyone please suggest other ways for calling IRCC?

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I think congrats are in order! :)

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Reactions: HelloCanada910

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Reactions: S Kennedy