+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

tarnikumar

Jul 26, 2018
Hi. Just like to share an update. On my cic account they changed counterfoil status to invalid and entered copr as valid. I called ircc earlier, waited for 23 mins to get through and asked what that update in my account meant. He checked it for a while and told me that I am already a permanent resident. I told him I did not receive any email confirming it, so he said he will email etobicoke office cause that’s where I’m supposed to have the landing appointment. He said that it’s his first time seeing this situation, i.e skipped the phone interview. He even said that my pr card processing is on going. So I asked what photo will they use cause I only submitted them an online copy during my express entry application. He told me to just wait for their email for further instruction. My Copr is expiring on June 9, 2020.

so it seems that every office does it differently. I am not sure if they considered my case as urgent because it’s near expiry.
Will update again once I’ve received instruction for Pr card processing.
What was your AOR date? is it already 6 month over?

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi,

I found the below paragraph on the Canadian website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#purpose the page was updated 4 days ago.
In reference to the highlighted sentences, people can now travel to Canada for landing purposes, am i correct?

Travel for an optional or discretionary purpose
The exemptions under the Orders do not apply to foreign nationals travelling for optional or discretionary purposes. The onus is on the foreign national to demonstrate the purpose of their travel.

Travel for optional or discretionary purposes is broadly defined in the Orders as including (but not limited to) travel for the purposes of tourism, recreation and entertainment.

Travel for the following purposes would not be considered optional or discretionary:

• delivering economic services, maintaining the supply chain, supporting critical infrastructure, providing immediate medical care, or ensuring safety and security
  • transiting through Canada for non-discretionary purposes
  • engaging in cross-border employment or shopping for essential goods such as medication or basic needs, particularly in border and Indigenous communities
  • non-discretionary family reunification
  • entering Canada to work, study or land as a permanent resident, with appropriate documentation

Sethu510

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Hi,

I found the below paragraph on the Canadian website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#purpose the page was updated 4 days ago.
In reference to the highlighted sentences, people can now travel to Canada for landing purposes, am i correct?

Travel for an optional or discretionary purpose
The exemptions under the Orders do not apply to foreign nationals travelling for optional or discretionary purposes. The onus is on the foreign national to demonstrate the purpose of their travel.

Travel for optional or discretionary purposes is broadly defined in the Orders as including (but not limited to) travel for the purposes of tourism, recreation and entertainment.

Travel for the following purposes would not be considered optional or discretionary:

• delivering economic services, maintaining the supply chain, supporting critical infrastructure, providing immediate medical care, or ensuring safety and security
  • transiting through Canada for non-discretionary purposes
  • engaging in cross-border employment or shopping for essential goods such as medication or basic needs, particularly in border and Indigenous communities
  • non-discretionary family reunification
  • entering Canada to work, study or land as a permanent resident, with appropriate documentation
Please read under
Travel restriction exemptions
Permanent resident visa holders
The Orders exempt foreign nationals who have been approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before March 18, 2020, the date on which the first interim order came into force.

Many of these foreign nationals had already made arrangements to settle in Canada before the travel restrictions were put in place. Facilitating their entry for the purposes of landing contributes to meeting immediate family reunification and labour market needs and reduces the accumulation of an inventory of approved permanent residents who will need to travel to Canada once restrictions are lifted.

These foreign nationals can self-identify to airlines at the point of boarding that they are exempt under this provision by presenting

• a permanent resident visa (nationals from visa-required countries only), or
  • a COPR document (all foreign nationals)

Iam_cracker

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
CEC class,inland
AOR - 25th Nov
Medical - 11th Dec
Security n Background- valid - 8th April
VO : Ottawa

application is still open , haven’t received any other update.

Last edited:

La229ra

Apr 28, 2020
Yes, it is! I forgot to write it down in my previous message. I've just edited it, thank you.

Here it is

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to inform you that your permanent residence application has been approved.

A correspondence will be sent to advise you and your family members (if applicable) of this decision. You may be asked to send documents to finalize your application.

A Confirmation of Permanent Residence and a permanent resident visa, if you are from a country that requires a visa, will be sent to you and your family members (if applicable). Please follow the instructions that will be sent with your documents.

We invite you to visit our website for more information on how to prepare for your admission as a permanent resident of Canada.

Additionally, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
[Congratulations !!! On the webform you raised what question did you ask?]