+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
This hasn't been the same for me. My previous status showed eligibility was in progress and before that I had called and was told it was recommended pass so it was awaiting review then. After that, my ADR request became not applicable and this is the updated status now. So I don't think it is awaiting review anymore.
I contacted them through Webform and they told me that eligibility is still in progress. When I called them before, they said eligibility is recommended pass. Can you please tell me what does it mean? I did not receive any additional document request.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
I contacted them through Webform and they told me that eligibility is still in progress. When I called them before, they said eligibility is recommended pass. Can you please tell me what does it mean? I did not receive any additional document request.
This means that your eligibility is pending review by a senior officer. Recommended pass is when a junior analyst gives you the green light. Then a senior officer reviews it.

Reactions: Metuwidy

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
Hi everybody, I hope you can help me!

What exactly do I have to ask for in the webform to have detailed information about my application status? I called them more than a month ago and they told me eligibility was waiting for a senior officer, then the 20th of march I got a Ghost Update and I heard nothing since then.

Iam_cracker

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi everybody, I hope you can help me!

What exactly do I have to ask for in the webform to have detailed information about my application status? I called them more than a month ago and they told me eligibility was waiting for a senior officer, then the 20th of march I got a Ghost Update and I heard nothing since then.
Ask for the status of the application buddy .

Reactions: Addan29

vggr

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Toronto - ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
I asked about the delay on my GCMS notes order and got the following :
Thank you for your email. IRCC has not yet released your GCMS notes. We have received a communication from IRCC in response to your request for GCMS notes filed on March 9, 2020, wherein it has been informed:

that in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. See section 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act.
IRCC has announced that "currently it has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in responding to all requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, during this period." This extension could be due to the IRCC offices currently operating at a reduced capacity, due to the evolving COVID-19 situation.

Also, on March 11, 2020, the office of the Information Commissioner has already announced a systematic enquiry into the delays before the Canadian Parliament. GET GCMS has been asked to participate in the investigation, which we are doing.
I received a FAQ regarding that as well, that answer the possible reasons.

It sucks, because it seems like it might takes 4 months now. It's not clear if it's only because COVID-19 but might be related I guess.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I asked about the delay on my GCMS notes order and got the following :

I received a FAQ regarding that as well, that answer the possible reasons.

It sucks, because it seems like it might takes 4 months now. It's not clear if it's only because COVID-19 but might be related I guess.
I got the same. I order my notes on 4th March and was expecting to it in the first week of April. Unfortunately, I got this delay announcement after I enquired about my notes.

My AOR 26 Sep 2019. FSW-O.

2020PR

Nov 20, 2019
The below was what i got today as response to the webform

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Additionally, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· The responsible office has determined that you meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Ric21

Apr 9, 2020
Your already in the final review stage you don’t have much to worry about. Do you mind sharing your AOR date, immigration stream and visa office.
AOR is Oct 25, 2019 I think. But didn't get updated for confirmation until Nov 2nd. Inland. They didn't mention which office is processing exactly.

Anyway. Thanks for the reply. I was just concerned, because they didn't mention whether "Eligibility is valid/met", and in in my CIC account online it still shows eligibility is under "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Not sure if it's just they are not updating online form or if there is any issue.

Kaur Ravneet

Aug 25, 2018
The wait to hear the golden words is somewhat accomplished:

PR Approved

I raised a Web Form on April 9th and received the reply on April 15th.
In their reply they said that my Permanent Residence Application has been approved.

My timeline:

FSW Outland
AOR - November 28, 2019
Medical Passed - December 06, 2019
Biometric Request - December 06, 2019
Biometric Completed - December 12, 2019
RPRF Request - December 23, 2019
PR Approved - April 15, 2020 (Don't know exact date, as I received a reply on raising a Web Form)

I have applied through an agent. So, I do not have any idea about ghost updates or when I cleared different stages. The last update I got from the agent was on February 25th, which was usual screenshot of my CIC account, with basic information.

Now in this email they have also mentioned that they will send another email to ask us to send our documents to finalize the application and give us COPR and PR Visa. I think this will be a PPR that they will send when this COVID-19 pandemic will be over.

This is a little different from usual scenarios where an applicant usually gets a straight PPR email and then COPR. In our case, and I think this has never really happened in the past, the PR application is approved, but we can not send our passports to the Embassy. Nobody knows when this chaotic situation will improve. On one hand we are happy that finally our wait to clear all stages of the application is over, on the other hand this new COVID-19 stage is ahead all of us to be cleared. I just hope that in coming months everything comes back to normal and we can continue with our healthy and happy lives.

faisalshaikh

Aug 25, 2019
Congratulations Ravneet. Any ghost update you received recently?

The wait to hear the golden words is somewhat accomplished:

PR Approved

I raised a Web Form on April 9th and received the reply on April 15th.
In their reply they said that my Permanent Residence Application has been approved.

My timeline:

FSW Outland
AOR - November 28, 2019
Medical Passed - December 06, 2019
Biometric Request - December 06, 2019
Biometric Completed - December 12, 2019
RPRF Request - December 23, 2019
PR Approved - April 15, 2020 (Don't know exact date, as I received a reply on raising a Web Form)

I have applied through an agent. So, I do not have any idea about ghost updates or when I cleared different stages. The last update I got from the agent was on February 25th, which was usual screenshot of my CIC account, with basic information.

Now in this email they have also mentioned that they will send another email to ask us to send our documents to finalize the application and give us COPR and PR Visa. I think this will be a PPR that they will send when this COVID-19 pandemic will be over.

This is a little different from usual scenarios where an applicant usually gets a straight PPR email and then COPR. In our case, and I think this has never really happened in the past, the PR application is approved, but we can not send our passports to the Embassy. Nobody knows when this chaotic situation will improve. On one hand we are happy that finally our wait to clear all stages of the application is over, on the other hand this new COVID-19 stage is ahead all of us to be cleared. I just hope that in coming months everything comes back to normal and we can continue with our healthy and happy lives.