Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
edmonton/ottawa
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
17-12-2019
Hello everyone,
How important is it to update your application if you have changed jobs. provided your new job may not give you a reference letter if the IRCC requests for one?
Are you claiming points for Canadian job offer?

Cecapplicant001

Apr 21, 2020
I called CIC today and the agent told me that I have passed eligibility criteria and background verification is done too but I cannot see any update on my application.
I received a ghost update on 29th april after calling them on 26th april. Do these agents always give right information or sometimes do they lie also? I cannot see any update on my application, just wanted to be sure that my eligibility has been met and background has been done. Not sure whether to believe agents words ‍♀

ITA - Sep 18, 2019
Application submitted- 15th Nov
Medicals passed - 5th Dec
NO biometrics required
2 ghost updates so far
15 days left for 6 months

alyeshakaur

Apr 28, 2020
ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
edmonton/ottawa
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
17-12-2019
I called CIC today and the agent told me that I have passed eligibility criteria and background verification is done too but I cannot see any update on my application.
I received a ghost update on 29th april after calling them on 26th april. Do these agents always give right information or sometimes do they lie also? I cannot see any update on my application, just wanted to be sure that my eligibility has been met and background has been done. Not sure whether to believe agents words ‍♀

ITA - Sep 18, 2019
Application submitted- 15th Nov
Medicals passed - 5th Dec
NO biometrics required
2 ghost updates so far
15 days left for 6 months
I don't think the 6 month timeline is significant any more because of COVID. I don't believe agents lie, but sometimes you have to press them for more information. Your online application won't have any update until a COPR is issued . You can order GCMS notes, if you want to be sure. PPR's might be delayed for sometime more.

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
The wait to hear the golden words is somewhat accomplished:

PR Approved

I raised a Web Form on April 9th and received the reply on April 15th.
In their reply they said that my Permanent Residence Application has been approved.

My timeline:

FSW Outland
AOR - November 28, 2019
Medical Passed - December 06, 2019
Biometric Request - December 06, 2019
Biometric Completed - December 12, 2019
RPRF Request - December 23, 2019
PR Approved - April 15, 2020 (Don't know exact date, as I received a reply on raising a Web Form)

I have applied through an agent. So, I do not have any idea about ghost updates or when I cleared different stages. The last update I got from the agent was on February 25th, which was usual screenshot of my CIC account, with basic information.

Now in this email they have also mentioned that they will send another email to ask us to send our documents to finalize the application and give us COPR and PR Visa. I think this will be a PPR that they will send when this COVID-19 pandemic will be over.

This is a little different from usual scenarios where an applicant usually gets a straight PPR email and then COPR. In our case, and I think this has never really happened in the past, the PR application is approved, but we can not send our passports to the Embassy. Nobody knows when this chaotic situation will improve. On one hand we are happy that finally our wait to clear all stages of the application is over, on the other hand this new COVID-19 stage is ahead all of us to be cleared. I just hope that in coming months everything comes back to normal and we can continue with our healthy and happy lives.
Hi guys, I raised a webform asking IRCC about the status of my application. I got the email response below:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• We are pleased to inform you that your permanent residence application has been approved.
  • A correspondence will be sent to advise you and your family members (if applicable) of this decision. You will be asked to send documents to finalize your application.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We invite you to visit our website for more information on how to prepare for your admission as a permanent resident of Canada.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

However, I’m yet to receive PPR request, and my account still reads that my application is in progress, I will be contacted when final decision has been reached. Meanwhile, I got RPRF request on April 1st, and paid the next day.
With this response above, I take it that my application has been approved? Can someone shed light on the implication of the response mail above? Thanks
Hi guys,

I am in the same position as you, meaning that I was told via webform that my PR had been approved. Have you got any update since you received that webform reply? Has any of you received further communication?

For everybody, does anybody know if they are sending COPR via platform rather than via mail?

Reactions: Pandora18

idicvulcan

Mar 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey guys,
Got an update from webform today.

Eligibility: in process
Background check: in process
Security: not started
Criminality: valid

AOR: Nov. 22
Medical passed: 12/6
Biometrics: 12/8
Nothing since

Last month when I emailed, nothing was even started, so I'm glad to see some progress!

Good luck, all!
Ghost update overnight. :)

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I'm Nov 02 19' AOR. I'm still waiting for my ppr. Tommorow it will be exact 6 months. I called them about the update but the agent told me that it is in Niagra Falls office and they're still working on my application and read the same updates that I can see through GC KEY app portal. How do you guys get all the info about security is done and app is in final stage? I also filled about webform and got a generic response:
- The eligibilty verifications are in progress
- The BG verifications are currently valid.
Then the bs message that every app takes different times and we make sue we will complete your app in time.
I thought I was the only one but I'm seeing lots of people facing the delays as well.
what stream are you?