+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

picaboo

Apr 9, 2021
Requesting GCMS notes has no influence on your application timeline. In terms of delay in getting them, it is getting better now. Requesting them through CBSA has historically better chances of getting them in time. I personally got them in 5 weeks.
Many thanks for the valuable advice. I will look into that.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi legalfalcon and everyone else. I am aware of the current situation and all the backlog and priority issues, but I have some other business (applications, arrangements, and so on) depending on this application like many on this forum. In light of that, would it make sense to order GCMS notes at this point from outside Canada in terms of processing times and all? I mean, would they finalize my application when they start issuing PPRs or keep me waiting because I have an ongoing GCMS request? And do they now extend the period in which they are required to respond to GCMS requests? (I heard they did before.)

I thought I could use the official info on my file to handle a few things while waiting, maybe. I must also admit that I am quite curious as to the real status of my application since I did not receive a survey request whatsoever.

BTW AOR is Nov 2019 / Last Update: Remedicals given in Jan 2021.

Sorry for the silly question ;)

First of GCMS notes has no bearing on the processing of your application. Requesting GCMS notes is done under the Access to Information Act whereas the processing of your application is done under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, separate laws and is done by separate divisions.

Further IRCC has also clarified this:

GCMS notes were delayed earlier this years and almost the whole of last year. However, lately IRCC and CBSA have been releasing the GCMS notes within 30 days for most requests. To read more on this see https://bit.ly/3fKnaXV

Reactions: picaboo

Kaur Ravneet

Aug 25, 2018
@legalfalcon Sir is there any possibility that outland applicants who are waiting for COPR, their application can be canceled due to backlog. Can you please shed some light that is there any possibility that we can receive COPR this year only.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Sir is there any possibility that outland applicants who are waiting for COPR, their application can be canceled due to backlog. Can you please shed some light that is there any possibility that we can receive COPR this year only.
I have already answered this, reposting it again:

If an application is already in progress, it most likely will not be cancelled, unless the application does not meet the program requirements and in that case it will be refused.

Also, to cancel any application submitted with IRCC, a law has to be passed either in the Parliament or the Provincial legislature, which will be done after much deliberation and is always controversial. Nothing of this nature has even been contemplated, leave along being presented as bill.

The reason why I say that applications for which the processing has commenced will not be cancelled is because of a legal doctrine called "legitimate expectation." Simply put it means that once an application is submitted and the processing commenced, there is an expectation that a decision on it will be released.

However, since"legitimate expectation" is not a statutory rule, instead it is a common law doctrine, it can be overturned by a law passed by the legislature. However, given that significant resources, funds and time has already been invested in processing applications, cancelling them just does not make sense, and legislatures usually do not over turn any application for which processing has already commenced.

This was reflected in 2012, when Canadian Parliament under the Conservative government cancelled all pending PR application, except the ones for which the processing had commenced, and then brought express entry, which has been a success since then.

Since Provinces deal with much smaller volume of applications, they can frame more absurd laws, but unless a bill is tabled before the Parliament or the Provincial legislature, it will then have to be sent to a committee for deliberation and debate, it makes no sense to discuss it

Reactions: Nzigouto and SaBong
Sep 14, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-03-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2019
Med's Done....
28-10-2019
Passport Req..
12-10-2021
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, I applied for Express entry under PNP stream in Nov 19. As per the GCMS notes my application has passed all stages and PPR is delayed because of Covid and the approval time is uncertain. My fiance is on Work Permit in Canada which is valid for 3 years. We are not into a legal relation yet. I wanted to know if he should plan for applying PR in one of the multiple streams opened by IRCC for the inland applicants or wait for my PR approval and then apply under Spouse Sponsorship. I also wanted to know if having a religious wedding is considered as a legal wedding. We are planning to have a religious wedding in India and then register in Canada (once I get my PR card) since he is inland. Is it fine ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, I applied for Express entry under PNP stream in Nov 19. As per the GCMS notes my application has passed all stages and PPR is delayed because of Covid and the approval time is uncertain. My fiance is on Work Permit in Canada which is valid for 3 years. We are not into a legal relation yet. I wanted to know if he should plan for applying PR in one of the multiple streams opened by IRCC for the inland applicants or wait for my PR approval and then apply under Spouse Sponsorship. I also wanted to know if having a religious wedding is considered as a legal wedding. We are planning to have a religious wedding in India and then register in Canada (once I get my PR card) since he is inland. Is it fine ?
IF you apply for spousal sponsorship, it takes 1 year from the date the application is filed for it to be approved. If your fiancée is eligible to apply under any PR pathway while in Canada, that will be much faster.

As regards marriage, religious ceremonies are not recognised as a proof if marriage and as per law, all marriages have to be registered in the Country where they happen as per law.

Also, any marriage that is registered in any part of the world is recognised in Canada, you do not have to get it registered again in Canada, unless you get married in Canada itself.

Sep 14, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-03-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2019
Med's Done....
28-10-2019
Passport Req..
12-10-2021
IF you apply for spousal sponsorship, it takes 1 year from the date the application is filed for it to be approved. If your fiancée is eligible to apply under any PR pathway while in Canada, that will be much faster.

As regards marriage, religious ceremonies are not recognised as a proof if marriage and as per law, all marriages have to be registered in the Country where they happen as per law.

Also, any marriage that is registered in any part of the world is recognised in Canada, you do not have to get it registered again in Canada, unless you get married in Canada itself.
Thanks for your prompt reply. We are planning to go for religious wedding in India, but we don't want to go for registered wedding as of now because it would add unnecessary delays to my application. We will get it registered in Canada once I move there. So we have this doubt if following this approach would be considered as misrepresentation in my application or have any negative impact ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your prompt reply. We are planning to go for religious wedding in India, but we don't want to go for registered wedding as of now because it would add unnecessary delays to my application. We will get it registered in Canada once I move there. So we have this doubt if following this approach would be considered as misrepresentation in my application or have any negative impact ?
Irrespective of when you register, if you get married, it is your responsibility to update IRCC. The you land in Canada, you will be asked if your family composition has hanged, and knowing that you are married, if you respond that you are not, just because your marriage is not registered, that is misrepresentation.

A de facto marriage exists upon having a religious ceremony, even it is not registered, i.e. de jury. It is just similar to having a common law relationship, which has to be declared.

Ultimately, what you decide is upon you, it is your application and your life.

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hello my question is I had worked in company A from nov 2015 to March 2017 as a sales executive but my designation changed to sales and marketing executive but in my study permit when I had submitted my resume it was sales executive so when submitting reference letter it is stating as sales and marketing executive so would it be suspicious in the officers mind kindly reply

I didn’t update my resume during my study permit submission

anki_t90

Oct 13, 2019
Hi, does anyone have any update for outland people who have recieved their COPR after 18 march 2020 but are not allowed to travel ? What happens when COPR expires ?

Reactions: MPrins15

patiencewearingthin

Oct 26, 2020
Hey, does anyone know how proof of funds works? I submitted POF for CAD15,000 when I filed the application and as per GCMS notes this was accepted (my application is pending on the security background check stage). Do we need to provide POF again at any further stage?

The reason I ask is because those 15k are losing value everyday just sitting in my account and with no clarity into when our applications will be processed (FSW-O), I was planning on investing them in a low risk security.

Reactions: varunsanjeevan