+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Syeda Saher

Jan 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

I received my CoPR today. I received it via email and on mycic account. I'm sharing my details here so that you can check/compare your file situation as well:

- AOR : November 15, 2019
- Category : BC PNP Express Entry.
- Medical passed : December 20, 2019
- 2nd update on January 3rd, 2020 : Called IRCC and they told me eligibility met, BG in process, SC not started.
- Another ghost update yesterday May 26, 2020.
- Today I received my CoPR (no interview)(no additional documents)
- CoPR issued from IRCC Calgary office.

Don't give up your hope!
Best wishes! :)
Congrats! Where you an inland applicant?

divy_kirtan

May 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

Have been following this thread since months now.

I received my CoPR this morning.

here’s what my profile looked like -

CEC inland (479 pts)
Upfront medical
AOR November 6
Multiple ghost updates over a span of 6 months (3 or 4)
London Office

Out of the blue an IRCC agent called me up today, May 27th, 2020 to conduct the phone interview, sent the PDF confirmation shortly afterwards through email

Next step - mailing IRCC my picture for them to produce a PR Card and mail it back to me.

I can get my health card and driver’s license made with the PDF they sent.

Took me close to 7 months to get to this point. Stay strong everyone and thanks for your support. :)
Hi.

If you don't mind, please post what questions have been asked by IRCC agent. This will help others who may get call for telephonic interview.

And congratulations for getting PR.

Pigsinsky

May 27, 2020
Hi.

If you don't mind, please post what questions have been asked by IRCC agent. This will help others who may get call for telephonic interview.

And congratulations for getting PR.
Sure, I was asked some basic questions like -

If I had any criminal background, my marital status, if I was residing in Canada currently, how long have I been in Canada for, what did I originally come for, if I’m currently working, who my employer was. The agent also confirmed my email address, walked me through next steps. I asked a few clarification questions and received an email within a few minutes after hanging up.

Last edited:

niks2102

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

Have been following this thread since months now.

I received my CoPR this morning.

here’s what my profile looked like -

CEC inland (479 pts)
Upfront medical
AOR November 6
Multiple ghost updates over a span of 6 months (3 or 4)
London Office

Out of the blue an IRCC agent called me up today, May 27th, 2020 to conduct the phone interview, sent the PDF confirmation shortly afterwards through email

Next step - mailing IRCC my picture for them to produce a PR Card and mail it back to me.

I can get my health card and driver’s license made with the PDF they sent.

Took me close to 7 months to get to this point. Stay strong everyone and thanks for your support. :)
london ontario?

niks2102

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019

If I had any criminal background, my marital status, if I was residing in Canada currently, how long have I been in Canada for, what did I originally come for, if I’m currently working, who my employer was. The agent also confirmed my email address, walked me through next steps. I asked a few clarification questions and received an email within a few minutes of hanging up.
can you please share the ghost update dates ?

divy_kirtan

May 3, 2020

If I had any criminal background, my marital status, if I was residing in Canada currently, how long have I been in Canada for, what did I originally come for, if I’m currently working, who my employer was. The agent also confirmed my email address, walked me through next steps. I asked a few clarification questions and received an email within a few minutes of hanging up.
Thanks for the information.

So that means nothing hard.
Just the basic questions.
My Aor is Nov. 28.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Thanks for the information.

So that means nothing hard.
Just the basic questions.
My Aor is Nov. 28.
It is the landing interview.

Anyways, immigration interviews are nothing as long as you stated the truth in your application.

divy_kirtan

May 3, 2020
It is the landing interview.

Anyways, immigration interviews are nothing as long as you stated the truth in your application.
Applicant is CEC inland who gave phone interview.

Why does CEC inland need Landing interview?

And questions asked were all about time spent in canada, and current job.

So I think insted of requesting additional document to confirm that applicant is currently working or not; like last six months banks statements showing pay deposite or anything like that; they are just confirming on phone based on how you answer those questions because they wanted to speed up applications as they are already running 20 to 25 days late than specified timeline due to COVID.

That's what I think.

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Applicant is CEC inland who gave phone interview.

Why does CEC inland need Landing interview?

And questions asked were all about time spent in canada, and current job.

So I think insted of requesting additional document to confirm that applicant is currently working or not; like last six months banks statements showing pay deposite or anything like that; they are just confirming on phone based on how you answer those questions because they wanted to speed up applications as they are already running 20 to 25 days late than specified timeline due to COVID.

That's what I think.
No, bro.

IRCC has adopted to COVID-19 pandemic. Before the pandemic, the process was PPR --> COPR & Passport Visa Stamping --> Landing Canada to confirm PR for both inland and outland applicants (for inlands, there was also option to book office landing interview). However, as a result of the current crisis, the IRCC does either phone interview landing and COPR via email/CIC or directly COPR via email/CIC.

The interview is not for eligibility check. The process is already completed for the applicant with the file approved. It is the landing interview. Immediately after the call, the applicant becomes permanent residence of Canada.

divy_kirtan

May 3, 2020
No, bro.

IRCC has adopted to COVID-19 pandemic. Before the pandemic, the process was PPR --> COPR & Passport Visa Stamping --> Landing Canada to confirm PR for both inland and outland applicants (for inlands, there was also option to book office landing interview). However, as a result of the current crisis, the IRCC does either phone interview landing and COPR via email/CIC or directly COPR via email/CIC.

The interview is not for eligibility check. The process is already completed for the applicant with the file approved. It is the landing interview. Immediately after the call, the applicant becomes permanent residence of Canada.
Very useful information.
I didn't know that.
So what we can do is just wait until our turn comes.
Don't connect all other stuff going on around you to your case.
Everyone's scenario is different than yours.
Good lesson bro.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Reactions: nns14