+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hi
Its me again.
Medical done on the 12th Apr and approved.
What is next???
I did not receive Biometrics request?????
I am from Malaysia.
Could anyone answer me pls
Thanks in advance

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
everything in my signature
You have received passport request on the same day (April 18th) that you got notice that they are starting processing background check?. I have never heard of getting passport request before starting the important background check.

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
Hi
Its me again.
Medical done on the 12th Apr and approved.
What is next???
I did not receive Biometrics request?????
I am from Malaysia.
Could anyone answer me pls
Thanks in advance
You are at the very beginning now. Biometrics will be any day now. It is done right after medical. Then after that it's criminality and security checks. Then eligibility assessment of the applicant. Thrn passport request. It's averaging 6 months now for most. The eligibility assessment is quick. But criminality and security go slow. So enjoy the wait.

enialeg16

Oct 24, 2018
Hi! To everyone who got their PPR already, does the principal applicant have to include my name (sponsor) to the Appendix B? We don't have a child yet. I'm confused if he has to include my name on the form, or just his name since he is the only one applying.

Thanks very much guys! Got PPR after almost 5 months. PA from Manila.

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
It’s processed in Mississauga.
Hi again.

Can you share your complete timeline with us? I'm sponsoring my wife also from the Philippines so nice to have some ideas on times.

Cheers

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
My wife landed in Canada today!!

Woohoo. Glad to finally be finished.
5 months and 1 day after our application was received.

The landing in YVR was very easy and simple. I'd be glad to describe our landing experience later.

Good luck to everyone else and always stay positive.

What I don't understand is how can background check be started on the 8th March and decision made a day later? And then passport request just a couple days later? Is this possible that it's just the dates the ecas system was updated rather thrn actual dates things were done? Because in my case ecas is updated way after events occur. Like passing medical was 3 days after the medical were done but the system still not updated yet 1 month afterwards. I only found out she passed it by calling immigration call center.
Thanks for some possible feedback.

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
My wife landed in Canada today!!

Woohoo. Glad to finally be finished.
5 months and 1 day after our application was received.

The landing in YVR was very easy and simple. I'd be glad to describe our landing experience later.

Good luck to everyone else and always stay positive.

What I don't understand is how can background check be started on the 8th March and decision made a day later? And then passport request just a couple days later? Is this possible that it's just the dates the ecas system was updated rather thrn actual dates things were done? Because in my case ecas is updated way after events occur. Like passing medical was 3 days after the medical were done but the system still not updated yet 1 month afterwards. I only found out she passed it by calling immigration call center.

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
Hi again.

Can you share your complete timeline with us? I'm sponsoring my wife also from the Philippines so nice to have some ideas on times.

Cheers
I already posted my timeline though here it is

November 2 - App received
December 20 - AOR
December 20 - DM: Sponsor side
December 21 - Sponsorship Approval
January 29- Medical Request
January 31 - Medical Done
February 2 - Transfer to CPC-M
February 2 - Medical Passed
February 23 - Additional Docs Request (Sched A and Letter of Explantion)
February 23 - Additional Docs Uploaded on Gckey and LoE sent via email
February 27 - BGC / Reviewing additional Docs
February 28 - DM / PPR

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH

Once the gckey says that BGC has started, it means that all criminality and security check has been done and the app is for final review and most likely passport request. Thats the process from the notes that I got.

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
You are at the very beginning now. Biometrics will be any day now. It is done right after medical. Then after that it's criminality and security checks. Then eligibility assessment of the applicant. Thrn passport request. It's averaging 6 months now for most. The eligibility assessment is quick. But criminality and security go slow. So enjoy the wait.
police clearance done long ago

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi
Can you tell me please how long does it take” reviewing of eligibility” ?
Do we receive any email about it or just the pre-arrival services?
Thanks

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Once the gckey says that BGC has started, it means that all criminality and security check has been done and the app is for final review and most likely passport request. Thats the process from the notes that I got.
I guess it’s different for every case because I have had we are processing bgc since Feb however there is no line 2 stating the date on ecas. Not sure how things go by but complete silence since medicals passed early March is frustrating

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
I guess it’s different for every case because I have had we are processing bgc since Feb however there is no line 2 stating the date on ecas. Not sure how things go by but complete silence since medicals passed early March is frustrating
Thats the process for CPCM. You will only get AOR 2 for ecas once it’s in Decision Made status.

But if youre forwarded to your local VO, it’s different. You will get AOR 2 when they start processing your app there.

Reactions: schweisy