+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

jcelliott

Feb 20, 2019
Philippines
The waiting game is so.frustated lols..after medical done still no update its been 2weeks already..anyone there file transferred to cpc-m same day that they request medical?

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
PA submitted in passport today.
Manila office was very fussy about the photos required. We followed the photo instructions but they still made my wife retake them, so a bit of a waste of time. Well it's more fun in the Philippines as they say.

Now hopefully the final wait is on :)

Reactions: abhisheknair1989

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Do you have any photos taken by a professional photographer? I would suggest including those if you can...selfies can be good but usually in a wedding there should be like a few professional shots in there as well. @JoshC is also right in asking if you have photos taken by friends.
I'm a bit worried about this after searching the site for a similar topic.

We have 0 wedding photos and we explained this in our initial application. They already requested additional documents. JoshC told me that he doesn't believe they ask for different things at different times and believes if they wanted to request more photos they would've at the same time as the "Proof of intent to Return for Sponsor".

IF this does happen, can we explain in detail (again) why we don't have any? (and does that happen? Requests for more things at different times such as photos and additional documents?)

For curiosity sake, we don't have them because of a few factors: Our witnesses' phone died before they got to the civil ceremony, it was held in an apartment, our own phones were simple cheap flips with no cameras and we didn't feel confident (weight/also the apartment setting). We had plans to do an actual ceremony once I moved to the US but of course life has got in the way of those plans still (Hard to plan an actual wedding ceremony living paycheck to paycheck). I'm worried they won't find us legitimate even though we've been together for 10 years and married for 6.....(Although the US side of things, they gave me a green card without wedding photos so..)

I submitted 20 photos over the span of 10 years, showing weight loss, gain and loss again on various outtings, our trips to and from Canada and other places like Disney. We had a few we included from small honeymoon in Niagara Falls too. I really hope this is enough the CIC is inconsistent and requests multiple proofs needed as time goes on.

Sorry for the spam, I just know because they did ask for additional docs that we're now outside the normal processing times and we just wanna go home :( We can't stand it here and def don't want to be here any longer than we have to be. Just worried after reading on the forms that we might be denied just cause we didn't have wedding photos.

Reactions: Shazia0405

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019

We have 0 wedding photos and we explained this in our initial application. They already requested additional documents. JoshC told me that he doesn't believe they ask for different things at different times and believes if they wanted to request more photos they would've at the same time as the "Proof of intent to Return for Sponsor".

IF this does happen, can we explain in detail (again) why we don't have any? (and does that happen? Requests for more things at different times such as photos and additional documents?)

For curiosity sake, we don't have them because of a few factors: Our witnesses' phone died before they got to the civil ceremony, it was held in an apartment, our own phones were simple cheap flips with no cameras and we didn't feel confident (weight/also the apartment setting). We had plans to do an actual ceremony once I moved to the US but of course life has got in the way of those plans still (Hard to plan an actual wedding ceremony living paycheck to paycheck). I'm worried they won't find us legitimate even though we've been together for 10 years and married for 6.....(Although the US side of things, they gave me a green card without wedding photos so..)

I submitted 20 photos over the span of 10 years, showing weight loss, gain and loss again on various outtings, our trips to and from Canada and other places like Disney. We had a few we included from small honeymoon in Niagara Falls too. I really hope this is enough the CIC is inconsistent and requests multiple proofs needed as time goes on.

Sorry for the spam, I just know because they did ask for additional docs that we're now outside the normal processing times and we just wanna go home :( We can't stand it here and def don't want to be here any longer than we have to be. Just worried after reading on the forms that we might be denied just cause we didn't have wedding photos.

If they were to ask for marriage photos and you can't provide them, you can write a detailed statement of why this is the case and cite any setbacks or issues that you faced.

Manaa

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
PA submitted in passport today.
Manila office was very fussy about the photos required. We followed the photo instructions but they still made my wife retake them, so a bit of a waste of time. Well it's more fun in the Philippines as they say.

Now hopefully the final wait is on :)
Can you please tell me when was your second line in Ecas was updated saying that they have started processing the app in PA's side? PLzzzz :)

TheDude2287

Feb 12, 2018
Buffalo
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisagua
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
None, our GCKey didn't update at all. Our ECAS just updated to 'decision made'.

As regards to the sponsor getting the email, we did list each other as representatives, so that may be why
My ECAS went to DM last Friday but GCKey says they are still processing my eligibility requirements. So I'm still waiting

Manaa

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
My ECAS went to DM last Friday but GCKey says they are still processing my eligibility requirements. So I'm still waiting
Did you check the second line on ECAS for PA's side? when have they started processing ur PA's doc? Could you please check it and let me know?

TheDude2287

Feb 12, 2018
Buffalo
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisagua
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
Did you check the second line on ECAS for PA's side? when have they started processing ur PA's doc? Could you please check it and let me know?
I am the PA. It says started processing march 8th

Reactions: Manaa

Manaa

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I am the PA. It says started processing march 8th
Oh really, so you have got DM on the same day after they started processing it.. Lucky you.. Happy for you. Mine was started processing on 12th March, but no DM or PPR yet. Thank you very much for the reply. Good luck!!!

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Can you please tell me when was your second line in Ecas was updated saying that they have started processing the app in PA's side? PLzzzz :)
"We started processing <PA name>'s application on March 7, 2019."

We also received DM right after they started processing. Which I guess means they just updated it all at once when they finished.

Also to confirm, our GCKey never updated at all since receiving DM on ECAS.

Reactions: Manaa

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
"We started processing <PA name>'s application on March 7, 2019."

We also received DM right after they started processing. Which I guess means they just updated it all at once when they finished.

Also to confirm, our GCKey never updated at all since receiving DM on ECAS.
Your Gckey will be updated once visa stamping is processed. It should reflect the counterfoil or visa details by then and Status will be updated to approved

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019

Every case is different, if you have been married for a long time I'm sure you have lots of pictures showing you in a relationship for many years. If this does happen where they are asking for more wedding photos, definitely let them know the situation, submit what you can and wait to see what they say. If you have friends who wrote letters to vouch for you as a couple, that's even better if you can include pictures of them too with you and your spouse which is what we did with our own application.