+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
Thanks @JoshC and @schweisy, very insightful! If he already has eTA, I imagine they'll cancel that one out or something? It would be wonderful if hubby can get here before the summer ends....not wanting to get my hopes up but I'm just trying to think positive! :D

Reactions: JoshC

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Thanks @JoshC and @schweisy, very insightful! If he already has eTA, I imagine they'll cancel that one out or something? It would be wonderful if hubby can get here before the summer ends....not wanting to get my hopes up but I'm just trying to think positive! :D
Oh, I think him getting there before the end of the summer is totally realistic, given that you've been transferred to Mississauga! I imagine he'll be good to go by end of spring at the very latest. We need to get my husband there before the end of the summer too because he will be going to university and needs to register for classes in August. If we had been transferred to Mississauga I know I would be totally relieved and feel comfortable that he'd make it in plenty of time.

As for whether they cancel his eTA or make a new one, it doesn't really make much difference. At the end of the day the visitor visa isn't actually connected to his PR app, it's just a means of ensuring he's allowed to enter the country legally. Those lucky few who are from visa-exempt countries really don't have to give this much thought.

Reactions: chikki282 and JoshC

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Another thing I read this morning was that if you’re in Canada on duel intent you can complete a soft landing by calling CIC and getting an appointment at your local CPC.
Yes, that's also true -- if he comes earlier under dual intent he will have to do his actual landing either by crossing the border to the US and returning or he has to make an appointment to do it at some office in Etobicoke (fellow Torontonian here :p), which can take a couple weeks to get and you don't have much choice about date/time. If he's going to just wait to get COPR before he enters the country, though, he'll just do it at the airport. (I'd imagine his process will be quite quick from here, though, so probably easiest to just do at the airport!)

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Yes, that's also true -- if he comes earlier under dual intent he will have to do his actual landing either by crossing the border to the US and returning or he has to make an appointment to do it at some office in Etobicoke (fellow Torontonian here :p), which can take a couple weeks to get and you don't have much choice about date/time. If he's going to just wait to get COPR before he enters the country, though, he'll just do it at the airport. (I'd imagine his process will be quite quick from here, though, so probably easiest to just do at the airport!)
I’m heading over sometime soon under duel intent and will hopefully be completing a soft landing in Edmonton, so long as CPC-M complete my application completed before September. :D

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I’m heading over sometime soon under duel intent and will hopefully be completing a soft landing in Edmonton, so long as CPC-M complete my application completed before September. :D
Oh wow! That's exciting! Though... Edmonton weather... maybe you want to wait a few more weeks to make that move. :confused::p But seriously, was it always your plan to go on a specific date, regardless of whether your app was completed or dual intent would be necessary? Or did you decide this later on? I'm always mulling over what to do in our situation and whether I should just book us plane tickets for a day and stick to it or wait and see a little longer.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Oh wow! That's exciting! Though... Edmonton weather... maybe you want to wait a few more weeks to make that move. :confused::p But seriously, was it always your plan to go on a specific date, regardless of whether your app was completed or dual intent would be necessary? Or did you decide this later on? I'm always mulling over what to do in our situation and whether I should just book us plane tickets for a day and stick to it or wait and see a little longer.
I was going to put my application in around June, but I was in no rush as my partner was living here. Circumstances changed and she was offered a job she couldn't refuse. So I got my butt in to gear and got the application completed in November. We decided that I'd come over around spring time under duel intent, and then I'd head back to the UK for a month with my daughter to visit family - under the impression that my application would be going to London VO.

I'd say if you're together then there is really no rush bar to get over there unless you've got a solid job offer and can support you both whilst you're there till the PR comes through.

Reactions: schweisy

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
Oh, I think him getting there before the end of the summer is totally realistic, given that you've been transferred to Mississauga! I imagine he'll be good to go by end of spring at the very latest. We need to get my husband there before the end of the summer too because he will be going to university and needs to register for classes in August. If we had been transferred to Mississauga I know I would be totally relieved and feel comfortable that he'd make it in plenty of time.

As for whether they cancel his eTA or make a new one, it doesn't really make much difference. At the end of the day the visitor visa isn't actually connected to his PR app, it's just a means of ensuring he's allowed to enter the country legally. Those lucky few who are from visa-exempt countries really don't have to give this much thought.
My hubby is planning to go to Centennial once he's landed...it'll be awesome if he could go in Sept too! Very big plans in store! :D

Reactions: schweisy and JoshC

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
My hubby is planning to go to Centennial once he's landed...it'll be awesome if he could go in Sept too! Very big plans in store! :D
Aw, yay! Definite kinship there. :) We're not sure yet where he's going because he hasn't heard back from his number one choice (fingers crossed), but we know for sure he'll be in school at one of the Toronto unis either way. A lot of changes all at once for us! o_O:D

Reactions: chikki282

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I was going to put my application in around June, but I was in no rush as my partner was living here. Circumstances changed and she was offered a job she couldn't refuse. So I got my butt in to gear and got the application completed in November. We decided that I'd come over around spring time under duel intent, and then I'd head back to the UK for a month with my daughter to visit family - under the impression that my application would be going to London VO.

I'd say if you're together then there is really no rush bar to get over there unless you've got a solid job offer and can support you both whilst you're there till the PR comes through.
Good advice, though in our case we do have to leave by August at the absolute latest, as he's already applied and been accepted to university. In order to register for classes in August he'll have to prove status in the country, which means he'll need to either be a PR or have a student permit by then. I would rather not have to apply for a student permit as it's going to be a major PITA to get confirmation from the schools that he pays domestic tuition in order to prove we have sufficient funds for said study permit application :confused: (study permits require A LOT of money in the bank, at least by our meagre standards! :p).

Obviously this is a very specific situation, but basically I'm already anticipating at some point having to decide whether to just pick a date and buy our tickets or wait a bit longer to see if we get a clue about how long the PR process will be. Hmmmm and now that I'm talking about all this I realize I haven't even considered if/how dual intent would work if he also has a student permit....

Okay, probably should just bury these thoughts again and cross my fingers it gets processed quickly somehow or another... :D

Rf101

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone ,
I think most of you guus have rcvd aor here but i havnt ..it been 3 months, i called cic on feb 1 then they gave me a temp file number and even today i called them and they said its in a stage that its being checked...but there is no update...so was wondering if anyone here rvcd temp file ..what is the point of it???

pranav9504

Jun 1, 2017
m
Hello everyone ,
I think most of you guus have rcvd aor here but i havnt ..it been 3 months, i called cic on feb 1 then they gave me a temp file number and even today i called them and they said its in a stage that its being checked...but there is no update...so was wondering if anyone here rvcd temp file ..what is the point of it???
mine was also delivered on November 8, I have not received AOR till date.

heavenssecret

Feb 16, 2019
I'm honestly not sure but I imagine for our particular situation it may have to do with our past application we did for conjugal sponsorship (long story) in 2016. In that case, my hubby and I weren't married at that time but the LVO officer said while they believed our relationship was genuine (we supplied a lot of proof from our travels) and that we were engaged to be married, they were sure our application would be refused due to the fact there was nothing legally barring us from being together. They still gave us opportunity to submit more documents for our application but withdrew it in the end and decided to reapply after we got married.

We got married, had the ceremony and got marriage certificate, collected lots of proof that we're financially dependent on each other, he lived with me for 6 months last year and collected lots of proof of that, received lots of testament letters from family and friends on both sides, etc. I even included a ticket stub from Tokyo Disneyland I still have from when my hubby and I had our first ever date lol After that we submitted this current application with all the proof.

I can't say this is what they consider straight forward but this was our scenario! I'm sure it didn't hurt that the last officer who looked at our application believed our relationship to be genuine.
same situation for me!!!

Winner1021

Jan 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kyiv
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
23-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2019
LANDED..........
22-08-2019
Nov 26, 2018 - Application received
Jan 22, 2019 - Acknowledgement of Receipt
Feb 12, 2019 - Biometric request
Feb 13, 2019 - Sponsor Approval
Feb 18, 2019 - Biometric passed
Feb 20, 2019 - Medical request
Feb 21, 2019 - Medical comleted
Feb 27, 2019 - Medical passed
Feb 28, 2019 - File transfer to local Visa office (Kyiv, Ukraine)
?? - AOR2

How long does it take between File transfer to VO and AOR2?

Last edited:

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I called IRCC this morning to check if they removed my representative and for any new update. I was told that my file will be sent to Mississauga.

Any idea how long does it take to process application in Mississauga and how soon can I expect PPR?

Reactions: Ben_alex