+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
So, after what seems like nearly a week of my life spent calling CIC, I finally got through.

A nice lady answered and went through all my details and confirmed that I was in the system and that my application was currently at the data entry stage - she said it’s not yet been processed hence the lack of AOR.

I questioned how AORs go out, and she said the official line is there was a delay and they’re currently working on October 9th applications. I stated that there’s people with November 30th applications that have AOR, she said she can only apologise but they’re meant to work on them in date order.

All in all, now I know my application is definitely there and wasn’t signed by a disgruntled Canada post employee and tossed in the bin. I can rest easy knowing it’s just a matter of time.

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
So, after what seems like nearly a week of my life spent calling CIC, I finally got through.

A nice lady answered and went through all my details and confirmed that I was in the system and that my application was currently at the data entry stage - she said it’s not yet been processed hence the lack of AOR.

I questioned how AORs go out, and she said the official line is there was a delay and they’re currently working on October 9th applications. I stated that there’s people with November 30th applications that have AOR, she said she can only apologise but they’re meant to work on them in date order.

All in all, now I know my application is definitely there and wasn’t signed by a disgruntled Canada post employee and tossed in the bin. I can rest easy knowing it’s just a matter of time.
This October 9th line is there from a while !

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsMac_Cab

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
Yea same here says we are processing background check, I just received AOR on Jan 10 . I haven’t gotten SA or medical or anything.
I wonder if it's worth calling to the IRCC to see why that would be....

Did you by any chance do an application before this one? Or is this your first time doing a PR application?

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I received my AOR today at 2:45PM. Application was received on November 20.

Two days back when I called IRCC, I was given a temp application number and was told my application has not started processing.

Last edited:

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
This October 9th line is there from a while !
Thats true. It’s just odd because it’s been more then a month since we got AOR. Updates stopped after SA.
MR is usually received within a week bur none for us.

A few Oct apps got their PPR already

Nazman

Oct 18, 2018
I wonder if it's worth calling to the IRCC to see why that would be....

Did you by any chance do an application before this one? Or is this your first time doing a PR application?
Yea you might get some info as to why it’s like that, if you call please share.

This is my first application of this sort for immigration

sree2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
can someone advise the content of AOR1 mail?
Is it like " This confirms that your application to sponsor a member......." ???

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
can someone advise the content of AOR1 mail?
Is it like " This confirms that your application to sponsor a member......." ???

Here it is

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/11/02 on behalf of the following member(s):

Reactions: sree2

nikhil311

Jan 25, 2019
Hi, I’m new to this group and request advice. My timeline-
PA - India, sponsor - PR in canada
App sent nov 9
AOR Jan 22
Police clearance letter request Jan 22
Ecas status- in process

I’m not able to link my application. I just want to know- is application process stopped due to request for clearance letter or CIC will continue to process my application

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
Hi, I’m new to this group and request advice. My timeline-
PA - India, sponsor - PR in canada
App sent nov 9
AOR Jan 22
Police clearance letter request Jan 22
Ecas status- in process

I’m not able to link my application. I just want to know- is application process stopped due to request for clearance letter or CIC will continue to process my application

Is there any reason why you cant link your app on Gckey?

Have you tried adding 1 to the number of family members applying? That’s the common mistake for linking the app. Unless you have a representative

nikhil311

Jan 25, 2019
Is there any reason why you cant link your app on Gckey?

Have you tried adding 1 to the number of family members applying? That’s the common mistake for linking the app. Unless you have a representative
Thanks Iris, i hav linked my application now. But I can’t see status of sponsor approval .

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019

They told me October 9th as well. I think it's just a default so they don't give out information that could backfire on them. I think they dramatize it a bit. It's a common tactic.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Having issues linking mine. It says they can't find it. I've tried everything and emailed them for help.

How long does it usually take to get the Medical request? (Thats the next step correct after AOR1?)