+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

sama94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone

I'm a Nov 19 applicant from Sri Lanka. It's been Nearly two months since my application was received. Any idea how long it will take for AOR?

theindian

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
In this spreadsheet below, people have shared their application timelines.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=316166521

In my case, I filed my application on Nov 5th , received AOR on Dec 20th, Sponsorship approval on Dec 21st, and I got an email stating that my file is transferred to the new Delhi visa office on the first week of Jan, I have not received the Medical request yet.
Congratulations ,pretty fast in your case , I hv not seen any updates after aor

enialeg16

Oct 24, 2018
Hi guys.

November 23 applicant here but I am scared that our application might be sent back to us because in IMM 5406, we have put MARRIED-NOT PHYSICALLY PRESENT by mistake instead of MARRIED-PHYSICALLY PRESENT. Our fault that we didn't double check the guidelines because we thought it means not physically together at present time. We're very stupid and careless I know :(

It's so stressful and draining. Another 2-3months wasted in case they send it back to us. But I'm praying that they wont because we have all our proofs that we're both physically present in our wedding and our relationship is genuine. :(

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi guys.

November 23 applicant here but I am scared that our application might be sent back to us because in IMM 5406, we have put MARRIED-NOT PHYSICALLY PRESENT by mistake instead of MARRIED-PHYSICALLY PRESENT. Our fault that we didn't double check the guidelines because we thought it means not physically together at present time. We're very stupid and careless I know :(

It's so stressful and draining. Another 2-3months wasted in case they send it back to us. But I'm praying that they wont because we have all our proofs that we're both physically present in our wedding and our relationship is genuine. :(
Well hope for the best that is not coming back!! Good luck

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Hi guys.

Complete another form 5406 and also write a letter of explanation highlighting your error. You might want to include a picture showing you were physically present during the wedding and send via web form.

I don't think this is world ending especially since it is an error. The quicker you get this done, the better at limiting your chances of application being returned

Nazman

Oct 18, 2018
Hi guys.

They will not send it back do not worry, A community lawyer told me to put married not physically present, which i thought was weird. I then later found out it was wrong because I was physically there. I received AOR a couple days ago .. so they wont return it, she told me shes been telling people to put that on their form which is wrong but not that big of an issue if you supplied pictures and the story the agent will know that it was a mistake, the lawyer learned something that day I guess.

enialeg16

Oct 24, 2018
They will not send it back do not worry, A community lawyer told me to put married not physically present, which i thought was weird. I then later found out it was wrong because I was physically there. I received AOR a couple days ago .. so they wont return it, she told me shes been telling people to put that on their form which is wrong but not that big of an issue if you supplied pictures and the story the agent will know that it was a mistake, the lawyer learned something that day I guess.
I really hope they won't send it back because of that honest mistake. And I hope that the IO that will handle our application would be as understanding as the IO that reviewed your application!

Thank you and to everyone who replied. It helped me breathe a little bit. I appreciate it. I might send a scanned new copy of the form with MARRIED-PHYSICALLY PRESENT tomorrow through the webform Good luck to all of us!

enialeg16

Oct 24, 2018
One more question guys, did you update your MARITAL STATUS through CRA prior to applying? I just noticed that i haven't updated mine yet. Thanks!

aka2018

Dec 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have created this thread for those of us who are sending applications this month. Please share your timelines.:)

I am sponsoring my husband and his PR should be processed at the Port Of Spain Office Trinidad. I have completed the applications myself, as i didn't want to pay unnecessary money to a lawyer or consultant. I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Application sent: Nov 2nd, 2018
Hello,

I sent my application on November 26th 2018. I haven't received AOR yet.
Mine was inland application and my husband is sponsoring me.
Have you received AOR yet?

aka2018

Dec 19, 2018
Hello,

Would any of you have any idea when will I receive it?
only then I will be able to connect it through my online account.. correct?
Please help...

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hello,

Would any of you have any idea when will I receive it?
only then I will be able to connect it through my online account.. correct?
Please help...
Not that you're not welcome here but is a November inland thread as well, might check that one if you have any queries

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Well you had to wait 2 weeks, others have to wait months :))
Remember different offices are processed faster than others. Its been said many times on this form that New Delhi and India are the most common to get AOR's first. US applicants are 2nd usually and anyone else behind them from what I got from reading on the forms. Anyone who applied in Nov should by estimate get an AOR in February or early March. Patience is key and remember that just because your AOR comes later on does not mean you process will demand the whole 12 months BUT it is safe to assume it will be 12 months or more.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
One more question guys, did you update your MARITAL STATUS through CRA prior to applying? I just noticed that i haven't updated mine yet. Thanks!
I put married on my last Tax Return in Canada (2015) but filing separate and have since 2013 but I was told by H&R block unless we were physically living together and they had status in Canada that it didn't matter as my marriage does nothing to my taxes anyways, but putting it there also didn't hurt.

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Remember different offices are processed faster than others. Its been said many times on this form that New Delhi and India are the most common to get AOR's first. US applicants are 2nd usually and anyone else behind them from what I got from reading on the forms. Anyone who applied in Nov should by estimate get an AOR in February or early March. Patience is key and remember that just because your AOR comes later on does not mean you process will demand the whole 12 months BUT it is safe to assume it will be 12 months or more.
I'm not expecting it to be earlier than what you said. Patience is the key