+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

rissy1

May 22, 2015
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
Hey everyone,

Just a little update. I am at work currently doing a 12 hour shift, so I have quite a bit of time on my hand. I decided to call CIC just for the heck of it. I was waiting on the line for 55 minutes to speak to an agent. Anyway, I spoke with a gentleman and I expressed my "concern" about my application, I wanted to know if everything was filled out correctly or if they are returning it to me. He asked for my receipt number which I provided. He stated that my payment "has been reserved and they are going over your application". He said that does not mean it wouldn't get sent back if some information are missing. Then he said it looks good and the fact that the payment has been taken it's a good sign. He confused me there for a bit LOL. But I was happy to hear that they actually picked up my file. He further mentioned that there is a backlog for outland applications and that we should look forward to AOR's closer to the ending of January or February (sighs).

Anyway, I guess we can all relax until the new year.

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hey everyone,

Just a little update. I am at work currently doing a 12 hour shift, so I have quite a bit of time on my hand. I decided to call CIC just for the heck of it. I was waiting on the line for 55 minutes to speak to an agent. Anyway, I spoke with a gentleman and I expressed my "concern" about my application, I wanted to know if everything was filled out correctly or if they are returning it to me. He asked for my receipt number which I provided. He stated that my payment "has been reserved and they are going over your application". He said that does not mean it wouldn't get sent back if some information are missing. Then he said it looks good and the fact that the payment has been taken it's a good sign. He confused me there for a bit LOL. But I was happy to hear that they actually picked up my file. He further mentioned that there is a backlog for outland applications and that we should look forward to AOR's closer to the ending of January or February (sighs).

Thanks for the updates. I'm following other threads and apparently they are working somewhere on the ones sent in the first week of September. So I'm looking to get mine at the end of February hopefully

Reactions: rissy1

snorth

Aug 25, 2018
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the update!
Sent ours and Purolator says it was received last week. It's a long waiting game that I was told to expect. My biggest worry, that I am sure many of you also share in, is that we will wait 3-4 months for an AOR to hear that we missed some information or filled an area out incorrectly. That be a terribly long wait to repeat.

Lveb

Nov 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
22-11-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2019
File Transfer...
22-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
31-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2019
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the update!

Muhyy90

Sep 16, 2018
Hey everyone,

Hello Rissy and many thanks for the updates. Please when you called what was the receipt number you were asked to tender inorder to trace the document. Would like to know if It’s the receipt of the payment or any other one I don’t know about..
Once’s again thank you.

gercan

Nov 29, 2018
Hi, we have send our application in the first week of November but haven't heard anything since then. Hope to get the AOR soon!

Can anyone help me with a question: Is it possible to visit your spouse in Canada while the application is being processed? I heard that it is up to the officer at the airport to let the principal applicant in or to deny the entry. Does anyone know the "official" answer to that? That would be very helpful because the wait is making one crazy!!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, we have send our application in the first week of November but haven't heard anything since then. Hope to get the AOR soon!

Can anyone help me with a question: Is it possible to visit your spouse in Canada while the application is being processed? I heard that it is up to the officer at the airport to let the principal applicant in or to deny the entry. Does anyone know the "official" answer to that? That would be very helpful because the wait is making one crazy!!
Depends on if you're from a visa exempt country or not, need more details to answer.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Oh sorry, I am from Europe (GER) so I only need the eTA I guess
As a visa exempt applicant you can enter Canada for up to 6 months at a time as a visitor. Once you're in as a visitor, you can extend your stay past 6 months.

If you're coming in you should not give the impression that you are moving here. A good way of demonstrating that is not your intention is by purchasing a return ticket within that 6 month window, even if you don't use it.

No matter what, CBSA has the right to refuse you at the border, but pending you meet admissibility most people don't have issues (no guarantees though).

gercan

Nov 29, 2018
That's good to hear but it also means that there is no 100% guarantee to be able to enter Canada, right?
I only wanted visit my spouse for some weeks and return back to Europe anyways.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
That's good to hear but it also means that there is no 100% guarantee to be able to enter Canada, right?
I only wanted visit my spouse for some weeks and return back to Europe anyways.
There's never any guarantee, it's nothing new. I wouldn't stress about it to much.

rissy1

May 22, 2015
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
Hello Rissy and many thanks for the updates. Please when you called what was the receipt number you were asked to tender inorder to trace the document. Would like to know if It’s the receipt of the payment or any other one I don’t know about..
Once’s again thank you.
The official receipt. The one you sent with the application (processing Fees).

Reactions: Muhyy90

jedi_jam

Star Member
May 26, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
hi! is there a whatsapp or any group chat for this group?

kongara999

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Hello friends,
I have a question regarding UCI Number.

I have applied visiting visa to my wife and the Visa was rejected.

Should I need to Mention UCI number rejection Visa in the PR application? or Should I leave the Blank?

is there any problem if leave Blank?