+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi Guys!

I'm really frustrated.

I checked ECAS and it says medical requested on February 19, 2019. However, neither me or my wife received any email. I have a representative, so cannot even link the application on GCKey.

I asked my representative to check the account, she said due an ongoing business account maintenance she is not able to access the account. Then, I called IRCC and was told that the email was sent to my representative. I asked my representative to check for the email, she told me she did not receive any email and will call IRCC.

It has been around 5 hours, no update from her. I just got the form signed (to remove representative) from my wife and plan to submit it tomorrow. I was told by IRCC that it takes 5-10 days to give control of the application to me after the form is submitted.

Not sure who is telling the truth here. Did IRCC really email my representative or was the email lost due to a technical error? That will always remain a question. My suggestion will be, if you have a representative who does not reply to you. this is the time, remove him.

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
Are you paying via this link?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

I don't think it matters what email you use so long as you upload the receipt to CIC via the webform:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asphttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
They sent the letter, and mentioned the following step:

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
They sent the letter, and mentioned the following step:

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Yeah you can use any email, the receipt will just get sent to it and you can then upload it as they say to the web form. If you've not used the webform before it's pretty easy to use and self explanatory. If you face any troubles post here and someone will help.

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
Hi Guys!

I'm really frustrated.

I checked ECAS and it says medical requested on February 19, 2019. However, neither me or my wife received any email. I have a representative, so cannot even link the application on GCKey.

I asked my representative to check the account, she said due an ongoing business account maintenance she is not able to access the account. Then, I called IRCC and was told that the email was sent to my representative. I asked my representative to check for the email, she told me she did not receive any email and will call IRCC.

It has been around 5 hours, no update from her. I just got the form signed (to remove representative) from my wife and plan to submit it tomorrow. I was told by IRCC that it takes 5-10 days to give control of the application to me after the form is submitted.

Not sure who is telling the truth here. Did IRCC really email my representative or was the email lost due to a technical error? That will always remain a question. My suggestion will be, if you have a representative who does not reply to you. this is the time, remove him.
Hi it happens to me, don’t worry, just check GCkey, in there you can find the medical request.

For linking GCkey to your application just put 2 persons instead of 1.

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah you can use any email, the receipt will just get sent to it and you can then upload it as they say to the web form. If you've not used the webform before it's pretty easy to use and self explanatory. If you face any troubles post here and someone will help.
Thanks i will create a new account.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hi Guys!

I'm really frustrated.

I can't imagine having to wait for somone to update me... I think I'm addicted to checking ECAS, GCKEY and my emails for updates :p

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Has any one heard or of November Outland Spousal Visa applicants asked to send in passport ?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi Guys!

I'm really frustrated.

You have representative and that is why you don't receive an email. The email will go to your representative's mail box. Please let him/her check on the response from IRCC more frequently.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Has any one heard or of November Outland Spousal Visa applicants asked to send in passport ?
I can’t imagine anyone’s got PPR yet. I’ve not seen anything on the trackers to suggest that either.

Reactions: schweisy

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
I can’t imagine anyone’s got PPR yet. I’ve not seen anything on the trackers to suggest that either.
I am sure by end of Feb or 1st week if March some would get it:)

Reactions: svilli

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
You have representative and that is why you don't receive an email. The email will go to your representative's mail box. Please let him/her check on the response from IRCC more frequently.
I did and she is like you request for updates too frequently and that you can't wait for a few days. Also, she told me she did not receive any email.

As per her there is maintenance going on for her business account with IRCC, so she cannot check her GCKey account for 3 business days.

I will be submitting form to remove representative tomorrow and take control of my application.

Reactions: svilli

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I did and she is like you request for updates too frequently and that you can't wait for a few days. Also, she told me she did not receive any email.

As per her there is maintenance going on for her business account with IRCC, so she cannot check her GCKey account for 3 business days.

I will be submitting form to remove representative tomorrow and take control of my application.
Good for you! It will be more manageable if you take over the representative role.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019

In my opinion, it’s the right thing to do if your representative is less than helpful. This way you can manage and check at your own leisure and can respond to them with ease. You’d have your medical forms now and be good to book if it weren’t for the lazy rep.