+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

rissy1

May 22, 2015
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
Our application arrived today November 19 in Sydney NS! Now we wait....

Hear it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 months for the to even say they got it? Is that true? When I did it the other way to the US it only took like a week to acknowledge they have it lol XD no biggie just curious. We know it's a waiting game.
Your application processing shouldn't take too long as you're applying from the US. However, the standard time to receive an acknowledgement at this time is about 49 days. I am hoping that we all get a response before the ending of December. Fingers Crossed...

DouglasDylane

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Your application processing shouldn't take too long as you're applying from the US. However, the standard time to receive an acknowledgement at this time is about 49 days. I am hoping that we all get a response before the ending of December. Fingers Crossed...

Hoping the same here but do you think they close during the holidays?

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Don't the waiting game before so this is fine! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I really hope we filled everything out correctly and gave them enough evidence to support our relationship and intent to move back to Canada :) Fingers crossed!

Reactions: rissy1

Rural_far

Jun 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

For sponsoring the spouse outland, is it part of the process to get the spousal biometrics?

I know that the applicant to apply for a study or work permit, or for permanent residence needs biometrics done at VAC locations. But how about the person living out of Canada who is sponsored by a Canadian citizen?

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
Hello everyone,

For sponsoring the spouse outland, is it part of the process to get the spousal biometrics?

I know that the applicant to apply for a study or work permit, or for permanent residence needs biometrics done at VAC locations. But how about the person living out of Canada who is sponsored by a Canadian citizen?
You can check using this from the cic website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

I am applying outland and included the biometrics with my application fee as it was determined that a UK citizen is required to do so for a spousal application. I'm not sure for all other countries though, so best to check using the tool above.

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

Only the person

Rural_far

Jun 26, 2018
I checked the CIC website and it seems that everybody has to do that.

So guys when the applicant is noticed to do biometrics? As I am seeing the forum, it takes about 7-8 weeks to just announce that they receive our package of sponsorship!

I remember for visitor VISA as soon as you submit it online, you receive the biometric request within a day or two.

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I checked the CIC website and it seems that everybody has to do that.

So guys when the applicant is noticed to do biometrics? As I am seeing the forum, it takes about 7-8 weeks to just announce that they receive our package of sponsorship!

I remember for visitor VISA as soon as you submit it online, you receive the biometric request within a day or two.
From what my girlfriend told me apparently it's a delay in processing the applications, so might take longer than that. I'm hoping to see an acknowledgment in the next 3 months