+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

Jaskal75

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi there,

New to the thread but applied in November from England for my husband and thought someone could shed some light on biometrics.

We received an email about paying the biometrics fee on Feb 22, 2019

We uploaded the receipt the next day when we paid.

We haven't heard anything regarding biometrics since.

He had a request for his medical shortly after and went to the apt and they have received his passed medical "test" and its now on his file, but still no news on biometrics

Has anyone gone to get their biometrics done? how long did it take to hear between payment and request?

Thanks so much in advance, good luck to everyone.
My spouse did his biometrics and they uploaded it in one day. We didn't submit anything. Maybe u can call where he got it done. Good luck.

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
My GCKey updated today,
Counterfoils issued and Final Decision was updated to approved! Woohoo.

https://imgur.com/orvTuLB

It also shows more information about the visa (expiry date etc) but didn't include since it is mostly just confidential information.

Can also confirm the expiry is 1 year from the medical date.
Congratulations! Just wondering, what is counterfoil?

Reactions: kohman77

abhisheknair1989

May 27, 2018
Hello All,

Its been 45 days since we heard anything from cic after passing medicals (timeline in signature).
We are quite worried about this delay, what could be the possible reasons and any steps we can take ?

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
Mine was transfered to Mississauga on Feb 26th and got an update yesterday to send additional documents to prove relationship , which I am working on it now, am not stressed cos it has just taken 3.5 months to come to this stage and don't need to wait the entire 12 months . Let us all stay positive, our spouses will join us super soon :)
question: Did you guys not submit supporting documents? if yes what exactly and how much. thanks

Reactions: schweisy

jegadhish90

Sep 13, 2016
Call them (+1 888 242 2100) and ask for an update.
Even my application is similar to yours except that my application is still in Sydney. Have called CIC few times over the last 1-2 weeks and all they responded was they aren't sure when my application will be transferred to Mississauga or Delhi office. I hope my application stays within Canada for quicker processing times.:(:(

Reactions: tirath9792

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Even my application is similar to yours except that my application is still in Sydney. Have called CIC few times over the last 1-2 weeks and all they responded was they aren't sure when my application will be transferred to Mississauga or Delhi office. I hope my application stays within Canada for quicker processing times.:(:(

3 weeks back I was told my application will be transferred to Mississauga. Today, I was told it is going to New Delhi (India).

I do not take what they tell you over phone very seriously (considering the large number of calls they receive, they can just make up stuff at times to get rid of you). I would rather stick to ECAS or GCKey for actual updates.

tirath9792

Oct 5, 2014
Same boat.
Hang in there

Reactions: jegadhish90

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
question: Did you guys not submit supporting documents? if yes what exactly and how much. thanks
CIC can ask for more supporting documents at any point to confirm genuineness in the relationship , just got to have enough and more at all times, I just submiited more photos, emails ,phone longs after application submitted as well now.

Reactions: PWILLY

jegadhish90

Sep 13, 2016
3 weeks back I was told my application will be transferred to Mississauga. Today, I was told it is going to New Delhi (India).

I do not take what they tell you over phone very seriously (considering the large number of calls they receive, they can just make up stuff at times to get rid of you). I would rather stick to ECAS or GCKey for actual updates.
Exactly, every time when I get connected the customer care agent, I get contradicting responses regarding the next step of my application. Have to hang in tight hoping for some updates soon.:(:(

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Exactly, every time when I get connected the customer care agent, I get contradicting responses regarding the next step of my application. Have to hang in tight hoping for some updates soon.:(:(

My ECAS does not say anything about medical passed but GCKey is saying medical passed. Do you see medical passed?

Last edited: