+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Last month I sent an email to the prime minister office and this was their (copy,paste)response.

Dear **** *** :

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of August 9, 2021, regarding your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is also in receipt of your correspondence of August 9, 2021, addressed to Minister Mendicino, on the same topic. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

IRCC realizes that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Maintaining the integrity of the citizenship program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who wish to become Canadian citizens must complete immigration, criminal, and security background checks before they can be granted citizenship. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, and other government agencies. Background screening processes are non‑discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which IRCC has no control.

Departmental records confirm that your application is in progress at IRCC’s Mississauga office; immigration verifications are in progress. Please be assured that you will be contacted if further information is required, or once a final decision has been made. If your application is approved and you satisfy the remaining requirements, you will be invited to participate in the next step in the application process or to attend the oath-taking ceremony and receive a citizenship certificate.

In the context of the pandemic, COVID-19 has had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications. Clients are encouraged to monitor the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services web page for up-to-date information related to their application or situation.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

D. MacDonald

Ministerial Enquiries Division
Copy Paste

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Yes your points above are valid. I live in etobicoke So i was under the impression the file will move faster than Missisauga but my file processing is happening in Missisauga now . So the data points for etobicoke in Spreadsheet is not valid ! . The file should only have reference to Missisauga and scarborough then for all GTA applicants..
Hey @newbiecitizen

I have a question that you could answer accurately: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/are-north-york-or-etobicoke-cities.744682/

So in short: What goes in the City/Town box, if one resides in Etobicoke? Considering Etobicoke is not really a City, but Toronto is.

Thanks a lot!

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Guys I have a good news , after 3 years of waiting finally I got (Decision made ) and everything completed.

last month I contacted a lawyer and she sent a demand letter to IRCC Mississauga.

Now I am waiting for my Citizenship ceremony :D :D

Citizenship

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2018
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019
  • We started processing your application on January 21, 2019
  • We sent you a notice on October 23, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 18, 2019
  • Decision made December 23, 2021

Reactions: Kadarsweazy

Kadarsweazy

Apr 30, 2019
Guys I have a good news , after 3 years of waiting finally I got (Decision made ) and everything completed.

last month I contacted a lawyer and she sent a demand letter to IRCC Mississauga.

Now I am waiting for my Citizenship ceremony :D :D

Citizenship

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2018
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019
  • We started processing your application on January 21, 2019
  • We sent you a notice on October 23, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 18, 2019
  • Decision made December 23, 2021
Congrats iam 2019/feb applicant I haven’t got the test yet any chance you can give me the lawyers email please if this lawyer is in Ontario thank you and congratulation again