Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Does anyone know when is the next Citizenship test in Fredericton, New Brunswick?

My application status on ECAS shows in progress since January 2019. I submitted my application back in Nov 2018. It's been more than 8 months and still I have not received TEST invitation, I wonder why it's taking too long for the test? I am planning to go on vacation end of October, I am puzzled, what should I do? Any suggestion?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Does anyone know when is the next Citizenship test in Fredericton, New Brunswick?

My application status on ECAS shows in progress since January 2019. I submitted my application back in Nov 2018. It's been more than 8 months and still I have not received TEST invitation, I wonder why it's taking too long for the test? I am planning to go on vacation end of October, I am puzzled, what should I do? Any suggestion?
You can planned ceremonies here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Regarding vacation, I have no answere as I myself has planed travel on Septetmber/October and still waiting for oath :)

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
You can planned ceremonies here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Regarding vacation, I have no answere as I myself has planed travel on Septetmber/October and still waiting for oath :)
I wondert why they have not sent me invitation to write citizenship test? Does it have to do with background clearance or something else? It's been more than 9 months I have submitted my application and since Jan 2019, my status on ECAS shows your case in progress. I wonder what should I do?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I wondert why they have not sent me invitation to write citizenship test? Does it have to do with background clearance or something else? It's been more than 9 months I have submitted my application and since Jan 2019, my status on ECAS shows your case in progress. I wonder what should I do?
Not sure why your care is taking long time. It could be due to many reason, one among them is the processing office. I know offices in Toronto area is bit overloaded and processing time there is long.
May be you can write them (they have online submission system or call them and inquire about your application.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure why your care is taking long time. It could be due to many reason, one among them is the processing office. I know offices in Toronto area is bit overloaded and processing time there is long.
May be you can write them (they have online submission system or call them and inquire about your application.
They will say "everything is in order". Do not check until 12 months have passed since you send, which is the official time they have on the website (actually it is the time before which 80% of applications will have been finalized). If you call after 12 months have passed they will tell you "everything is in order, processing is just taking time".

It is basically a wait. Do not do anything until they do something. I do not want to worry anyone, but even if your application is in some type of limbo, calling agents who will look it up on a screen with basic details will not move it. Only internal processes can move it. But that's really rare and does not happen anymore with their system of "due times". Stay assured, they are just waiting for an agent to have ~ 15 minutes to read your papers. the pile above yours is getting shorter and shorter and there is no use of watching it get shorter.

I am in the same boat. Let's wait.

chang007

Jul 27, 2011
Man its hard to keep updating the sheet in itself and i believe getting finger prints request has no impact on ur processing times as evident from completed apps. But in case you want to see that info please help me in this as you can request edit access for spreadsheet and be a helping hand.
Hi folks, I received a FP request from Scarborough in April, but not even a single word after that. I called up the CIC telephone number and they said that the FP has been received about 20 days after I completed them. But now its almost three months after they received the FP and still no news.
My question is: are other FP applications moving along, and at what speed? At what point should I write an email to CIC?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Not sure who is maintaining the SS, instead of putting the actual date (7/24/2019), you put today's date (=TODAY()). This is also with Tropical...

jamdon24

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hi folks, I received a FP request from Scarborough in April, but not even a single word after that. I called up the CIC telephone number and they said that the FP has been received about 20 days after I completed them. But now its almost three months after they received the FP and still no news.
My question is: are other FP applications moving along, and at what speed? At what point should I write an email to CIC?
I’m not in Scarborough....I’m in PEI. However, I received my fingerprint request early to mid March....sent them back the same day, and haven’t heard anything since either. Seems pretty hit or miss on the processing times, offices....etc.

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
They will say "everything is in order". Do not check until 12 months have passed since you send, which is the official time they have on the website (actually it is the time before which 80% of applications will have been finalized). If you call after 12 months have passed they will tell you "everything is in order, processing is just taking time".

It is basically a wait. Do not do anything until they do something. I do not want to worry anyone, but even if your application is in some type of limbo, calling agents who will look it up on a screen with basic details will not move it. Only internal processes can move it. But that's really rare and does not happen anymore with their system of "due times". Stay assured, they are just waiting for an agent to have ~ 15 minutes to read your papers. the pile above yours is getting shorter and shorter and there is no use of watching it get shorter.

I am in the same boat. Let's wait.
Hey wilderman, I am surprised you were right word by word. I just got off the phone and man there response was 100% same like you said, that everything is in order and wait since official time is 12 months. :) LOL

But agent said to me that if I am worried that I will receive letter to write my CTZtest when I am out of country, he said I could write to IRCC and ask them to schedule my test earlier, it's upto them then if they consider it or Not... But after reading your reply, I am just thinking it may not be good idea to poke around into my application and ask them to schedule me for test as they will wonder what's going on. The main reason is I want to avoid coming back by rescheduling my flight paying extra for it and then screwing up my vacation time, it will be a mess if they sent letter during that time when I am out of country on vacation which is why I am bit worried. I wonder what is your advise?
By the way, I am from fredericton,NB, which is already super slow province.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
I got my Canadian Passport with First Name: XXX(first name is mandatory so they put 3 x's) Last Name: ABC DEF( my whole name)
All my Canadian ID's have only Last Name: ABC DEF First Name: Empty
Indian Passport First Name: ABC DEF Last Name: Empty
Question : .
1. While applying for OCI or Indian Visa any issues ?
2. Travel with Canadian Passport any suggestions? like buy airline ticket same as passport name ?

I don't want to do legal name change, lengthy process and expensive too!

aleph

Oct 9, 2015
I'm down to the final stretch,

Oath Letter Date - July 30
Oath Ceremony - August 29

Thank you all for your support throughout this process, and best of luck with your applications!

Reactions: PhdStream