+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I called them a few days ago, she advised me every thing is good on my file, they are working on it. I asked her about my oath ceremony, she said processing time is 12 months, if they do it early, they will email you for ceremony.
My ECAS still shows three lines and In Process. I did write my test on 15th May 2019.
I see the spread sheet of October, the Ottawa candidates have done their ceremony on 19th July 2019.
Should you have any update, please share.
Will do that.

I have seen many Ottawa-applicants' status changed to "Decision Made" after their oath within a week. However, in my case it took almost 6 weeks to changed to DM. Hopefully, there will be some news pretty soon.

By the way, anyone following this thread knows, is there anyway we can travel abroad immediately after (same day or next day) the oath ?

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Will do that.

I have seen many Ottawa-applicants' status changed to "Decision Made" after their oath within a week. However, in my case it took almost 6 weeks to changed to DM. Hopefully, there will be some news pretty soon.

By the way, anyone following this thread knows, is there anyway we can travel abroad immediately after (same day or next day) the oath ?
You will need a Passport, it will take 2-3 weeks after applying it.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
You will need a Passport, it will take 2-3 weeks after applying it.
I know that. Just curious, what if I need to travel after oath.

FYI, you can get passport even within the same day or a day after you apply for it, provided you have a confirm (paid) ticket. However, I am wondering if there is a way to cut the waiting time (2-3 business days normally) should there be any sort of urgency.

However there a unique case here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-apply-for-passport-next-day-after-oath.552243/page-2

Reactions: A1969

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

FYI, you can get passport even within the same day or a day after you apply for it, provided you have a confirm (paid) ticket. However, I am wondering if there is a way to cut the waiting time (2-3 business days normally) should there be any sort of urgency.

However there a unique case here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-apply-for-passport-next-day-after-oath.552243/page-2
It is my understanding that you need to show IRCC evidence that you have an upcoming trip within a few days (I think 3 or 4) and because you have to surrender your PR card at the Oath ceremony, IRCC needs to process your Passport request faster so that you have a document which allows you to re-enter in Canada legally.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON

In my knowledge u can not travel without passport. As citizenship certificate is not a travel document and no airline will take u onboard if u show that with foreign passport.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
In my knowledge u can not travel without passport. As citizenship certificate is not a travel document and no airline will take u onboard if u show that with foreign passport.
Correct and my query is not about travelling w/o Canadian passport. I am wondering if we can do anything, provided our case is urgent/have travel booked within a day or two after oath, that we do not have to wait so called "2 business days" to go to passport office and apply for passport urgently.

Off course, one way to is to reschedule the oath.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Correct and my query is not about travelling w/o Canadian passport. I am wondering if we can do anything, provided our case is urgent/have travel booked within a day or two after oath, that we do not have to wait so called "2 business days" to go to passport office and apply for passport urgently.

Off course, one way to is to reschedule the oath.
Knowinh IRCC ans is NO

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Knowinh IRCC ans is NO
Not always, well there are few exceptions. I was able to do quick google search and find the below info:

As per experience that are mentioned in this forum (link 1, link 2), people were able to request IRCC officer during oath ceremony to close their case and update system in an urgent manner (well this is not a rules but based on compassion and personal gesture). On doing so, people were able to get passport on the day after oath ceremony. Note, in one of the thread the applicant highly suggested to go passport office with guarantor and/or references, so as to expedite the process.

However, in case if the next day is weekend (which is true for most Ottawa-applicants, as oath are mostly scheduled on Friday), you can call 1-800-567-6868 and arrange to make your passport during weekend (link here).

Reactions: Zmaqsood

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016 SA: 13-12-2016
Med's Done....
23-10-2016 Med's Received: 05-12-2016 Med's Status: Passed
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
Hi All,

I just received the Oath invitation via email moments ago
Oath Date: August 21, 9:30 am

Finally after waiting for so long since Apr 4 (decision made that day), got the invite.

Thank you all for all the support. Good luck to all those that are still waiting. :)

Last edited:

fortune2010

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
22nd march.2011
File Transfer...
30th march,2011
Med's Done....
06/12/2012
Interview........
not asked for
Passport Req..
along with MR,submitted on 20th December
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Has anyone in Scarborough got the Oath invite for tests on or after june 25??
My exam was on 27th June..E status became decision made on 5th July,Didn't hear anything yet

lilangel007

Jun 27, 2019
Congratulations ! thats amazing.
Hi All,

I just received the Oath invitation via email moments ago
Oath Date: August 21, 9:30 am

Finally after waiting for so long since Apr 4 (decision made that day), got the invite.

Thank you all for all the support.

Reactions: AVPRO

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016 SA: 13-12-2016
Med's Done....
23-10-2016 Med's Received: 05-12-2016 Med's Status: Passed