+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Samcan20

Feb 11, 2020
Reference to my this message, today when I opened my profile the status was APPLICATION/PROFILE UPDATED instead of SUBMITTED and when I checked full application status, the particulars (Medicals, additional docs, interview) etc were same, when I went back to the profile then the status came back to submitted.

What is going on? Is there anybody who can tell me what happens when APPLICATION/PROFILE UPDATED, will it lead towards PPR / REJECTION ?
I got an update few days ago and my backgroud went from "in progress" to " we are processing" so I called IRCC and they told me that eligibility is passed after being in review required since july. The best option is to call IRCC.
Good luck!

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Reference to my this message, today when I opened my profile the status was APPLICATION/PROFILE UPDATED instead of SUBMITTED and when I checked full application status, the particulars (Medicals, additional docs, interview) etc were same, when I went back to the profile then the status came back to submitted.

What is going on? Is there anybody who can tell me what happens when APPLICATION/PROFILE UPDATED, will it lead towards PPR / REJECTION ?
It is just a ghost update, no indication of rejection at all . On the contrary , eligibility might have been passed . Relax brother , it has been so hard for you I understand but hold on for more few days , you will hopefully see either see a medical extension or a remed request & you can give them a call on Monday too.

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019

Congratulations Nawaz sahab ... I am following your case from a bit now ... As u explained PFL, if they had to refuse they wouldn’t have given you the ghost update ... So they passed your eligibility... Sleep well tonight and confirm it by calling on Monday ... Good luck

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
I got an update few days ago and my backgroud went from "in progress" to " we are processing" so I called IRCC and they told me that eligibility is passed after being in review required since july. The best option is to call IRCC.
Good luck!
I don't know how to call IRCC from my country Pakistan ? Can I lead towards rejection after this update ?

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
It is just a ghost update, no indication of rejection at all . On the contrary , eligibility might have been passed . Relax brother , it has been so hard for you I understand but hold on for more few days , you will hopefully see either see a medical extension or a remed request & you can give them a call on Monday too.
As I said I don't know how to call IRCC from my country Pakistan ?

Also, I am mentally prepared for everything, because if they rejects me too because my ielts is valid till Aug 2020, so I can re-apply again. I'll fight and fight again.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018

Hi Majid, this is clearly a ghost update. I too have been in Review Required for more than 14 months (October 2018) so I can understand where you are coming from. If they have not requested anything from you and your medicals are valid, then just wait for the PPR email. If your medicals have expired, they may ask you to re-do them or extend them. Only after the validity of the medicals is clear will they issue the PPR email. Get the smile back on your face (I read your post few days back), this will end soon now.

Reactions: Majid Nawaz

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
Hi Majid, this is clearly a ghost update. I too have been in Review Required for more than 14 months (October 2018) so I can understand where you are coming from. If they have not requested anything from you and your medicals are valid, then just wait for the PPR email. If your medicals have expired, they may ask you to re-do them or extend them. Only after the validity of the medicals is clear will they issue the PPR email. Get the smile back on your face (I read your post few days back), this will end soon now.
Thank you for the kind words, I wish man, I really wish the best happens not only for me but for everyone whose files are stuck.

Also I have searched a lot about this "Ghost Update", so there are 50/50 chances of PPR/REJECTION because ghost update doesn't always means PPR, it means your file has been touched for processing (saying this according to the research which I did).

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you for the kind words, I wish man, I really wish the best happens not only for me but for everyone whose files are stuck.

Also I have searched a lot about this "Ghost Update", so there are 50/50 chances of PPR/REJECTION because ghost update doesn't always means PPR, it means your file has been touched for processing (saying this according to the research which I did).
Fingers crossed!

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
Hi All,

I recently received my ITA and am in the process of providing additional details or e-Apr. I have a query regarding filling in personal history. I have switched jobs twice in the last 10 years with a gap of 10 days in each instance. For example, I left Job 1 on Feb 1, 2013 and joined Job 2 on Feb 11, 2013. Should I declare this 10 day gap as a period of unemployment?

I’m especially confused because, the system only accepts timelines in the form of Month and Year and has no option to enter days. Hence I’m not sure on how to declare a gap of 10 days.

Seniors, please advise on how to proceed with this.

Also, apologies if this post is not relevant to this thread. I just wanted to see how others have approached this issue.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
Could you please let me how did you proceed with Personal History with regards to 10 days gap in between your jobs? Did you mention those 10 days as "Unemployed" or not? And please let me know if you had any issues? Hope you already become as PR by now. thanks

Chee

Nov 2, 2018
Hi guys anyone who has not got any update for a year now. I am completing 15 months now and no update since 10 jan 2019. Who else is waiting for PPR and aor nov 2018