PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Hey guys. My AOR was November 1st and I received PPR on August 24. In my letter it said I need to submit my passport for visa stamping within 30 days and land in Canada before my medicals expire, which is November 2nd.
Since November 2 is too soon, I've asked my processing center (Ottawa) to extend the validity of my medicals. In response I received a request to redo the medicals form scratch.
My question is, do I still need to submit my passport within the original 30-day period as was stated in the ready for visa email? Or there's no need, since my application was reopened with the new medical check request?

Any help would be appreciated!
I believe if you have re-done the medicals, you need to inform them. If in doubt, you should communicate with them on what to do next. It is because the visa validity is 1 year from medicals.. Once you pass the medicals, I think they should inform you when to submit your passport. Again, better if you ask them directly whether you could submit your passport now (if you have already done your medicals) or if you should wait for their further instructions.

Reactions: Lydz86

Mark888

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I believe if you have re-done the medicals, you need to inform them. If in doubt, you should communicate with them on what to do next. It is because the visa validity is 1 year from medicals.. Once you pass the medicals, I think they should inform you when to submit your passport. Again, better if you ask them directly whether you could submit your passport now (if you have already done your medicals) or if you should wait for their further instructions.
Thanks for your reply. I haven't re-done my medicals, I've only received the request to do so. I will try reaching the customer service agent today, but it's always really difficult to get through, so I was really hoping that somebody on this forum has had a similar case.

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I haven't re-done my medicals, I've only received the request to do so. I will try reaching the customer service agent today, but it's always really difficult to get through, so I was really hoping that somebody on this forum has had a similar case.
It is because you requested them for an extension on the landing date, they asked you to do the re-medical. Once your re-medicals are passed, you will have another year to land.

It is totally your choice, where you can land before your previous medical expiry or you need more time to land (in that case re-appear for a medical exam)

Reactions: amans39

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
How did you ask Ottawa to extend your medicals? Is it thru email? If yes, then communicate thru email!
I agree with what @catalyst441 said. If you want to extend your landing date, then redo your medicals now and then ask when should you submit passport for visa stamping. If you don't want to redo your medicals, then land before your previous medical expiry and submit your passport for visa stamping within the 30 days mentioned previously.

Reactions: amans39

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
Woke up this morning to an application update! Medicals passed again on September 6th!! Didn't take re-medicals, but sent webform two weeks back asking about it and a week ago changing our address. My medicals expiry date was November 21st and my husband's was October 1st.

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Woke up this morning to an application update! Medicals passed again on September 6th!! Didn't take re-medicals, but sent webform two weeks back asking about it and a week ago changing our address. My medicals expiry date was November 21st and my husband's was October 1st.
You are currently residing in the US? Or I mistook you for someone else..:confused: May I know what exactly did you ask on your webform about your medical?

Last edited:

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
You are currently residing in the US?
No, I was living in Ireland and I'm moving to Brazil this week. I sent the address update because I've already left Ireland and I'm sort of in vacation right now.

Reactions: Danielespeter

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
No, I was living in Ireland and I'm moving to Brazil this week. I sent the address update because I've already left Ireland and I'm sort of in vacation right now.
Oh okay. I hope you'll hear good news soon! :D

D

Deleted member 826724

Hey guys. My AOR was November 1st and I received PPR on August 24. In my letter it said I need to submit my passport for visa stamping within 30 days and land in Canada before my medicals expire, which is November 2nd.
Since November 2 is too soon, I've asked my processing center (Ottawa) to extend the validity of my medicals. In response I received a request to redo the medicals form scratch.
My question is, do I still need to submit my passport within the original 30-day period as was stated in the ready for visa email? Or there's no need, since my application was reopened with the new medical check request?

Any help would be appreciated!
Congratulations! Well deserved

Nj90

Jun 4, 2019
Hi @SithLord

I was just going through all of the little detail in our profile and came across this statement from IRCC regarding the final decision.
I have read before that you were unable to withdraw your application. Does this mean that a final decision has been made on your file already?

Quoting:

The final decision tells you when your application is:
  • in progress,
  • approved,
  • not approved because it was incomplete,
  • refused,
  • withdrawn,
  • cannot be withdrawn, or
  • cancelled.
When a final decision is made on your application, you will get a message in your account with more information and instructions on what to do next.

If you see that your application cannot be withdrawn, it means that we received your request to withdraw your application after we made a decision on it. In these cases you cannot withdraw your application.

Unquote.

You probably are aware of this but I thought I’d share with you in any case.

Mark888

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
It is because you requested them for an extension on the landing date, they asked you to do the re-medical. Once your re-medicals are passed, you will have another year to land.

It is totally your choice, where you can land before your previous medical expiry or you need more time to land (in that case re-appear for a medical exam)
Hey buddy, thanks for the reply, but I assume you didn't read my question.
I can't land before the expiration of my medicals, hence I requested the extension. So I understand what caused the new medical check request. However, rather than extending the validity of my medicals, I was asked to pass the medical check again, despite many people posting on this forum that their medical results deadline was extended automatically without them retaking the exam.

So I am trying to see whether someone was asked to retake the medical exam AFTER getting PPR, and what were there steps. Because in my PPR email I was told to submit passports within 30 days, however, with the medical request there was another letter saying that my application was reopened. So I'm a bit confused about the procedure.

Mark888

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
How did you ask Ottawa to extend your medicals? Is it thru email? If yes, then communicate thru email!
I agree with what @catalyst441 said. If you want to extend your landing date, then redo your medicals now and then ask when should you submit passport for visa stamping. If you don't want to redo your medicals, then land before your previous medical expiry and submit your passport for visa stamping within the 30 days mentioned previously.
Yes, I've asked them through email. And I've already sent another one asking them about the 30 day period for visa stamping. However, it took them 11 days to respond to my first inquiry, so I'm really worried that if they take another 2 weeks to reply and it turns out that I needed to submit my passport before the expiration of the 30 days regardless of the new medical check, then my 30 days would be over by then and I will have no time left to submit the passport.