+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 1st Nov, 2018.
I got my MEP on 28th Nov. After that there hasn't been a single update on my file. 260+ days.
Ordered my first GCMS in March, said the documents were okay, 'eligibility seems to be met'. Background hasn't started yet. called 4-5 time, no useful information, just keep asking me to wait. I have ordered another GCMS but haven't received them.
I wanted to know if it is unusual to not have been started with the background check even after almost 9 months of AOR?
Are u IP1?

akhil_90

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,
I have a few questions post PPR, any help would be highly appreciated..
1. At this point, Can i break the fixed deposit that i showed during submission?
2. If i am carrying Cash and travellers cheque, should i carry the whole amount shown in my FD (i showed 14k CAD)or would the minimum limit of 12,669 CAD (single app) sufffice?
Thanks in advance.

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 1st Nov, 2018.
I got my MEP on 28th Nov. After that there hasn't been a single update on my file. 260+ days.
Ordered my first GCMS in March, said the documents were okay, 'eligibility seems to be met'. Background hasn't started yet. called 4-5 time, no useful information, just keep asking me to wait. I have ordered another GCMS but haven't received them.
I wanted to know if it is unusual to not have been started with the background check even after almost 9 months of AOR?
Hi Ashika

There are many people who are stuck in IP1 with eligibility met. I am Nov 04 AOR and even my background check has not started. Let us hope that they pick up files soon.

Reactions: ashokacca

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Hi,
I have a few questions post PPR, any help would be highly appreciated..
1. At this point, Can i break the fixed deposit that i showed during submission?
2. If i am carrying Cash and travellers cheque, should i carry the whole amount shown in my FD (i showed 14k CAD)or would the minimum limit of 12,669 CAD (single app) sufffice?
Thanks in advance.
1. I don't think breaking the fixed deposit should be an issue as long as you keep the equivalent amount in cash in your account. If you have received your PPR then it is really not an issue, then you will obviously need to break the FD to convert the currency.

2. You don't need to carry the entire amount as cash/travelers cheque. You can just take the latest bank statement which shows the amount. The amount of cash+bank balance should be equivalent to the amount you mentioned in your application. For example, I mentioned that I will be carrying CAD 12,800. I am not sure if travelers cheque/forex card is an accepted medium for POF. Also, please note that one needs to declare if you are carrying more than CAD 10k in cash.

Another way to show POF is to open a bank account in Canada prior to moving there and transfer the funds electronically from India before moving. I think Bank of Nova Scotia offers this service. You can open an account online. There may be other banks like RBC, TD, which may be offering this service too.

Again all this matters only if the officer at the airport asks for POF. From what I have heard from recent migrants, they are are not really asking for it. But it depends on you whether you want to risk it or not.

Reactions: letsgo_canada

Emma 2019

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Tunisia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-01-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
If you have filled the gap you should be fine ... Is it stamped on the passport you submitted?
No the passeport was renewed that is why I forgot it. Can that be a reason of rejection? Shall I raise a webform?

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
No the passeport was renewed that is why I forgot it. Can that be a reason of rejection? Shall I raise a webform?
Don’t worry about it .... If u filled the gap you should be fine ... You can’t memorize everything and moreover u can’t prove u travelled there, it will just complicate the case more if u raise anything...

Reactions: Emma 2019

veggiedude

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Been a few weeks since I visited back here. How's the progress of you guys so far?

Nov 23 AOR. Still there have been no updates for me :( Completing 8 months in 3 Days

Reactions: Inabt