+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Neeti_1826

Apr 30, 2019
well, they must be looking for the notepad with their standard responses, taking time to choose the right one to copy/paste!
Right. And you know i just lost the hope. Completed 7 month today even if webresponse reply come or not. Now the train of canada will wait for me and not me waiting for train to it.:D

Amit#

May 28, 2019
Hi All,

Can someone please help me in understanding what is GHOST Update. I have seen lots of thread with this word.
My file is at a stage wherein the Web Form it says... Background check = We are processing your background check.
I am Not sure on what date this status was started as i was not keeping tap on it. I was only conscious about the timeline (6months bar) which was completed on 08 May 2019.

Thanks in advance!
Amit

Shirish09

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I have now reached a stage where there's absolutely no hope while logging onto my cic account.. Nearing 7 months and still in Ip1.. Anyone else with me?
Same here. AOR 10th Nov and still in IP1. 8 calls and 2 webforms,, all said the same thing - eligibility met , security and criminality not started.
God only knows what’s going on

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

Can someone please help me in understanding what is GHOST Update. I have seen lots of thread with this word.
Ghost update = an update in your account when nothing is changed in your application and there's no email about it. Basically, it is like you open your profile and see something like "profile updated" in the status, but when you open your application there is nothing new, and when you come back the status says "submitted" again.

veggiedude

Star Member
May 6, 2019
My AOR is nov 10, what is your current status says, about eligibility and background
This is mine below. Your's the same, right?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbie003

dodrks

Nov 5, 2018
Hello All,

Nov 24 AOR here. I just received the Passport Request Letter via email. Note that nothing has changed in my CIC Account page.

I'm super confused at the moment. Have a few questions:
  • What does this mean?
  • I submit the passport and it gets stamped?
  • How long does it take to get my passport back? Thing is, I'm moving to Germany in 2 weeks. Haven't informed IRCC about this yet, since I'm yet to move and the actual address change would happen only in the end of June.

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
Hello All,

Nov 24 AOR here. I just received the Passport Request Letter via email. Note that nothing has changed in my CIC Account page.

• What does this mean?
  • How long does it take to get my passport back? Thing is, I'm moving to Germany in 2 weeks. Haven't informed IRCC about this yet, since I'm yet to move and the actual address change would happen only in the end of June.
Congratulations!!
1.Your account will remain like that until your passport gets stamped.
2.yes
3.Depends on your visa office.you can check the passport tracker on immitracker

Reactions: dodrks

veggiedude

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hi All,

My file is at a stage wherein the Web Form it says... Background check = We are processing your background check.
I am Not sure on what date this status was started as i was not keeping tap on it. I was only conscious about the timeline (6months bar) which was completed on 08 May 2019.

Thanks in advance!
Amit
From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it should be a change in the text "We are processing your background check". Like, you won't get any notification, but your text might change to "Background process completed" or something similar.

dodrks

Nov 5, 2018
Congratulations!!
1.Your account will remain like that until your passport gets stamped.
2.yes
3.Depends on your visa office.you can check the passport tracker on immitracker
Hey! Thanks for the quick response :)

Do I also inform them about my plans to Germany? My passport already has German visa stamping of 1 year, starting 18th june.

Reactions: Abhi2056

veggiedude

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hello All,

• What does this mean?
Congraaats!!

Reactions: dodrks