+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi

Please see my timeline in signature.and please help with below questions

1.I am inland CEC applicant and added spouse after AOR. i am visiting india and got RFV letter during vacation.
is it okay if i send passport to CPC-OTTAWA from INDIA, even i have Canadian address as current address on my profile.

2. my spouse need to send passport to Delhi visa office after i got COPR and Visa Stamped for me (Primary Applicant) as per Ready for Visa letter. please post experiences with similar situations

Thanks

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
I am almost in a similar situation... I finish 7 months of application processing on Monday and no decision in sight. My work permit, house lease among other things are set to expire in another month. Moving back to India will lead to another set of updates to IRCC further delaying the process. Can't think of renewing them either for another year if the decision comes soon after.

Man... I wish they arrive at a decision any sooner.

About your situation, you could speak to the CIC reps and ask for guidance. If not, submit the changes via CSE form and a letter explaining your circumstances. You could attach the previous bank statement(s) in Japan for their perusal too.
I really hope you hear from them soon because they sold us the lie that this process is faster than before so we made plans for our lives according to that. I'd say that since you got the RPFR in May perhaps that's a good sign but I paid mine 3 months ago and still nothing. I used the CSE form to update them that I had moved but when I called they said there was no record of that on file so the CIC rep thankfully updated my file on spot. I'll take your advice and call them for help if I get the ADR. Hopefully I won't have to because I'm seriously scared especially since my bank in Japan needs me to be there to make any requests. I envy those who are still waiting but have nothing to worry about like we do.

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I see that you're also completing 1 month since RPRF request.

Man!! No idea what Ottawa is doing piling up all our cases
Same timelines as yours with the exception of ADRs. Getting ADRs at this time would be dealbreaker esp. when I suspect that not much has been worked upon with regards to my application (according to GCMS notes). I have spoken to three agents till now and all of them suggested as if PPR was around the corner after RPRF, and here we are...!

Nevertheless, the IRCC agent had asked me to call back after a month if I don't hear from them by the first week of June.

BTW, what's your NOC?

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I really hope you hear from them soon because they sold us the lie that this process is faster than before so we made plans for our lives according to that. I'd say that since you got the RPFR in May perhaps that's a good sign but I paid mine 3 months ago and still nothing. I used the CSE form to update them that I had moved but when I called they said there was no record of that on file so the CIC rep thankfully updated my file on spot. I'll take your advice and call them for help if I get the ADR. Hopefully I won't have to because I'm seriously scared especially since my bank in Japan needs me to be there to make any requests. I envy those who are still waiting but have nothing to worry about like we do.
I hope all of us awaiting the PPR hear about the status of our applications in a clear and transparent manner. That's the least they can do, I assume.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Same timelines as yours with the exception of ADRs. Getting ADRs at this time would be dealbreaker esp. when I suspect that not much has been worked upon with regards to my application (according to GCMS notes). I have spoken to three agents till now and all of them suggested as if PPR was around the corner after RPRF, and here we are...!

Nevertheless, the IRCC agent had asked me to call back after a month if I don't hear from them by the first week of June.

BTW, what's your NOC?
Same here. On May 9th, I was told eligibility - recommended pass, criminality - passed, security - not started. The officer is waiting for BG checks to complete before he can make final decision. So it shouldn't be long. Still waiting for 'Shouldn't be long' moment.

On Friday, again agent said same that she is surprised decision has not been made yet and explained the reason could be because of backlogs. She will send a remainder to the case officer, so hopefully I should hear a decision this month if not I should call back again in July :)

NOC - 5241

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
this ghost update has done more harm than good so far as far as my anxiety is concerned. i had resigned myself to putting it on the backburner and checking the profile every few days, now im wondering whether i should be hearing back within the next week or two
I had the same feeling. Before, I was mostly chill and preparing for a long wait. Then one fine monday, people with Nov AOR at my VO (NDVO) started posting about receiving ghost updates on the Whatsapp group. So, I started checking multiple times a day. My ghost update came next Monday and PPR finally next to next Monday. Two weeks of frequent checking of account & email.

Reactions: londoneye222

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
Same here. On May 9th, I was told eligibility - recommended pass, criminality - passed, security - not started. The officer is waiting for BG checks to complete before he can make final decision. So it shouldn't be long. Still waiting for 'Shouldn't be long' moment.

On Friday, again agent said same that she is surprised decision has not been made yet and explained the reason could be because of backlogs. She will send a remainder to the case officer, so hopefully I should hear a decision this month if not I should call back again in July :)

NOC - 5241
I have noticed that the agents are telling the people to call by June end...... So this might be a standard reply so that we don't call them very often again and again.......
Perhaps even they have no idea what is happening on our file........
I feel we should get update soon.

Reactions: Shirish09

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I have noticed that the agents are telling the people to call by June end...... So this might be a standard reply so that we don't call them very often again and again.......
Perhaps even they have no idea what is happening on our file........
I feel we should get update soon.
To me she said to call after June because of the remainder she sent on Friday. She explained I should get an update or decision within 30 days if not I should call back in July so she can send another remainder.

BruceWayne

Mar 28, 2019
Since academic calendar and university courses starts from June in canada, I guess lot of efforts has gone into clear student visa applications. Hence (I Guess) PR applications has taken a backlog since kids need to start classes on time ...

Reactions: Lallygirl and pgpg

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
To me she said to call after June because of the remainder she sent on Friday. She explained I should get an update or decision within 30 days if not I should call back in July so she can send another remainder.
...so she can send another reminder and tell you to call in August to ask for one more reminder :D

Reactions: SithLord and pgpg

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
I called on 30/05/19 , the agent said..... File in good condition. I just need to be patient..... And when I asked any approximate date..... He said I shud call by June end ......

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Since academic calendar and university courses starts from June in canada, I guess lot of efforts has gone into clear student visa applications. Hence (I Guess) PR applications has taken a backlog since kids need to start classes on time ...
Only LVO would be under strain and that too, mostly ones which send a huge amount of students e.g. NDVO which went dark in mid-March and did not work on any PR applications till mid-May. The central processing centers such as Ottawa and Sydney should not be affected.

Reactions: Shweta1289