+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
This process is getting scary for me. I passed the 6 months mark a week ago. My work contract ended in March so I had to move from the country I applied in and am back home waiting for PPR. If they send me a ADR request for PoF I can't show them the cash in hand I brought with me and my bank account will only show activity for the past 2 months when I transferred my money back home. Since I'm not in the country I was before, Japan, and my bank account there is closed, how the hell will I be able to contact the bank for info CIC might want? I feel like they will reject me because of this when I have the money but I have no way to prove it. I just want to start my life again which has been put on hold because they are taking so long!
I am almost in a similar situation... I finish 7 months of application processing on Monday and no decision in sight. My work permit, house lease among other things are set to expire in another month. Moving back to India will lead to another set of updates to IRCC further delaying the process. Can't think of renewing them either for another year if the decision comes soon after.

Man... I wish they arrive at a decision any sooner.

About your situation, you could speak to the CIC reps and ask for guidance. If not, submit the changes via CSE form and a letter explaining your circumstances. You could attach the previous bank statement(s) in Japan for their perusal too.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am almost in a similar situation... I finish 7 months of application processing on Monday and no decision in sight. My work permit, house lease among other things are set to expire in another month. Moving back to India will lead to another set of updates to IRCC further delaying the process. Can't think of renewing them either for another year if the decision comes soon after.

Man... I wish they arrive at a decision any sooner.

About your situation, you could speak to the CIC reps and ask for guidance. If not, submit the changes via CSE form and a letter explaining your circumstances. You could attach the previous bank statement(s) in Japan for their perusal too.
I see that you're also completing 1 month since RPRF request.

Man!! No idea what Ottawa is doing piling up all our cases

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
People whose applications are processed by london usually see the status change to ip1 after a ghost update and then it changes back to ip2 after another ghost update however in my case the status didn't change at all.

What is your BG status now?
It could be that your status changed to IP1 and then back to IP2 before you could see the change. Or perhaps it just got skipped for you. There is no set pattern for IRCC, just that application updated means that some aspect of the file has been updated which is a good sign.

NN88

Feb 7, 2018
Yep. Same status. I’ve been on the same status since day one :)
So all of the Nov London VO's cases active here have got the ghost update on the same day. I am not sure with mine as my case is being looked after by my consultant. However, i so wish its a security clearance update for all and we get the PPR in a week

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
So all of the Nov London VO's cases active here have got the ghost update on the same day. I am not sure with mine as my case is being looked after by my consultant. However, i so wish its a security clearance update for all and we get the PPR in a week
Oh I wish that’s what it was. It’s horrible to be in the dark and not even being able to follow up on the file is so frustrating :(

londoneye222

May 12, 2018
this ghost update has done more harm than good so far as far as my anxiety is concerned. i had resigned myself to putting it on the backburner and checking the profile every few days, now im wondering whether i should be hearing back within the next week or two

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
this ghost update has done more harm than good so far as far as my anxiety is concerned. i had resigned myself to putting it on the backburner and checking the profile every few days, now im wondering whether i should be hearing back within the next week or two
That’s exactly what I’ve been feeling too. I really hope we all get good news next week!

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
I’m keeping my expectations limited to my security being started. I have a small travel history but I’m still not sure if it’ll finish soon or it might take time. I’m trying not to set deadlines for myself to avoid disappointment :D

Reactions: londoneye222

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Officially completed 7 months :)

Just imagine, if this wait continues for another 2 months then we all could have created a whole new human being in this time :p:p:p:p
You’re almost there! Just imagine that you’re closer to the approval. But do check your account for update in case there’s any.

Reactions: SithLord

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I’m keeping my expectations limited to my security being started. I have a small travel history but I’m still not sure if it’ll finish soon or it might take time. I’m trying not to set deadlines for myself to avoid disappointment :D
Best approach!

b647

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Question for your guys, did you find any correlation on cases that are taking longer than expected (6 months mark)?
-Same origin country ?
-Inland / Outland ?
-Had in first place doubts in some documents uploaded to support your case, such as POF or Proof of employement ?
- Extetnsive travel history ?
- PCC missing ?

I am aware that each case is different but what would be the most common reason for "delays" ?
I am CEC inland and i have no ADRs, no review required, all documents are complete.. my eligibility is on recommended passed since 11 January 2019 and security never started. So i have no idea why my application is being delayed.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019