App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
I am a silent reader and my AOR is November 22 too, and my application is at Nova scotia Visa office. I still have not heard anything from them
we’ll have some update tomorrow.....just hoping:)

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
That would explain agents telling people to wait until June or July then...
Yeah, perhaps, but still it's so confusing that the time bar starts with AOR date. If the 6 months period indeed starts when R10 is met, then they are shooting themselves in the foot with this; in the end, it all translates into more and more people raising web forms to ask about their cases.

Anyway, I've tried to understand IRCC's logic, but I guess that's just impossible.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, perhaps, but still it's so confusing that the time bar starts with AOR date. If the 6 months period indeed starts when R10 is met, then they are shooting themselves in the foot with this; in the end, it all translates into more and more people raising web forms to ask about their cases.

Anyway, I've tried to understand IRCC's logic, but I guess that's just impossible.
You will probably have better luck finding a unicorn than understanding the logic behind IRCC. I gave up on that long ago.

pratikmoon

May 13, 2018
Does anyone have any information on this? What happens when Medicals are about to expire? Will they ask to redo?
With someone’s medical expiring soon I would suggest to proactively get a medical done and send the medical results by CSE. Waiting for them to send an ADR would just delay the processing.

Any which ways from what I know, one’s medical should be valid when they plan to travel for their landing interview. So medical tests would have to be done again.

londoneye222

May 12, 2018
I received a reply to webform stating that the london uk office should be contacted for information about processing, is this normal? also does this mean that my app could be in an advanced stage beyond the initial ip1 etc?

i've ordered gcms notes but they wont be arriving for a few weeks and im already past the 6month stage

Dec 23, 2018
Hi Friends,
I have few questions on Federal PR VISA applicability to Quebec. I got COPR recently through FSW-O Express Entry program.

1) Can I land directly in Quebec?
2) Can I stay in Quebec?
3) Can I work in Quebec?

I read contrasting points for and against this but nowhere I am reading clear instructions. Please help.

Neel4636

Oct 15, 2018
Just once and that arrived on March 14th, nothing had started.

Last week, agent said eligibility - recommended pass, security - not initiated and criminality passed. Officer is waiting for BG checks to complete then he will approve my case
If eligibility is met and criminality passed which is my case, i read on this forum that once eligibility is passed after being met then security starts. Security is part of bg. Is this the case?

koushik.maximus

May 14, 2019
I received a reply to webform stating that the london uk office should be contacted for information about processing, is this normal? also does this mean that my app could be in an advanced stage beyond the initial ip1 etc?

i've ordered gcms notes but they wont be arriving for a few weeks and im already past the 6month stage
I received a generic response to my webform request stating that the responsible office will reach out to me if any information is required or if a decision is made on my application. Guess the team is stretched thin and under pressure.

Reactions: londoneye222

CanTech

Apr 22, 2019
I called cic today and the agent said that background chk has not started . Then I asked about eligibility, criminality and security...He said eligibility has passed nd there is no red flag. Now, eligibility is not the part of background chk ?

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Sorry, but people who leave jobs and sell properties, book flights before getting any results is beyond me...why are you doing this?
My work contract ended in March. Since My AoR was November 25 and I got the RPRF in January I was sure that I'd be in Canada by now. I didn't see the sense in starting another job when I would have to leave again soon once I got PR. Of course I didn't book any tickets or hotels but that's why I had to leave my job and am now frustrated waiting on any update. These forums, although helpful in most cases, have a lot of misinformation that may make people think that PPR is right around the corner. CIC also has a hand in that with the estimation that 80% of applicants will get through in 6 months. I'm now realising it's all a lie and we'll just get it when they feel like so we should be prepared for longer waits and don't make any plans till we get the email to send in our passports.