Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I know you are a senior user and you probably know much more than me about this process, but I’m not sure about this fact. After all, they put a time bar in our profiles which go from AOR to 6 months later, after that they show the well-known message of “Your application is taking longer…” thus accepting that they didn’t meet the deadline with your case.

Also, here’s what is stated on the site: “We process most Express Entry applications in 6 months or less, after we get your complete application.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/how-we-assess.html

Perhaps their process has slowed down over time and it’s no longer 80% of people within the stipulated time (maybe that’s why they implemented biometrics after all), but it seems that the goal that they are aiming at is 6 months from AOR, not from R10.

It states, complete application. The assessment for the complete application is the completeness check (Regulation 10). This date is different from the AOR, and usually happens within the first month.

Requirement to submit a complete electronic application
In Express Entry, applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) within 60 calendar days of being issued an invitation to apply (ITA). The application and all supporting documents must be submitted electronically through the applicant’s online account.

Applications are assessed for completeness up front. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected as per section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant.

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
200 days today, 40 days since ghost update ( which meant eligibility, Criminality, security all passed)...no final decision yet :(

There is a possibility that my application will be transferred from Montreal to Vancouver after it's approved as that's the nearest VO for landing interview.

I guess this means it could easily be another 6 weeks before I hear anything :mad:

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
It states, complete application. The assessment for the complete application is the completeness check (Regulation 10). This date is different from the AOR, and usually happens within the first month.

Requirement to submit a complete electronic application
In Express Entry, applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) within 60 calendar days of being issued an invitation to apply (ITA). The application and all supporting documents must be submitted electronically through the applicant’s online account.

Applications are assessed for completeness up front. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected as per section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant.

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Well, then I don’t get why they put a bar that goes from AOR to 6 months. IRCC is being incoherent here. It’s misleading for us!

Anyway, perhaps I’m still under the 6-month period then (and my Over-200-days Club membership is phony :p).

Reactions: pgpg

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Well, then I don’t get why they put a bar that goes from AOR to 6 months. IRCC is being incoherent here. It’s misleading for us!

Anyway, perhaps I’m still under the 6-month period then (and my Over-200-days Club membership is phony :p).
IRCC is way understaffed, in comparison to the number applications received. Just the number of people required to just the regular tasks of responding to emails is also not met.

There was this craze of knowing the VO, and there were thousands of emails being sent. Someone has to filter these, and response to them.

They wanted to deter people from calling, sending emails, which people do starting in the first month itself before the 6 moths, so the brilliant idea of having the status bar came up.

If IRCC can just change the MyCIC status to correspond with the stages of an EE, R10, eligibility, security etc, the life will be much easier.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I just called an agent(didn't call and checked my application for few months)
The agent said the that the application appearing to be in order, and everything fine.

I am AOR Nov 24th, so my 6 months period going to end soon

As per the agent:

Eligibility - review required - what does it mean? is it good or bad?
Security - not started
Background Check - in progress
Office - Ottawa
anyone knows what Review Required means?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hey Guys.. this is going to be a long read
AOR 30th November (FSW O) India
I was so confident of getting the PR in 4 months as a few of my friends got it back in mid 2018. So back if February i booked my flight ticket to Toronto for 24th May. Then while we entered May i realized I have to cancel my tickets. But since Jet Airways shut down it's operations, I got a little lucky in not losing any money on cancellation. In fact I got an option to choose another date to fly and I chose 19th June without paying additional charges (I didn't cancel since I had booked the flight for dirt cheap price INR 47k for a return ticket).

Again, I'm working with Honeywell and since my initial plan was to fly on 24th May, i resigned on 8th March so that i finish my 2 months notice period by 7th may. And since I still haven't got the PPR I would have been jobless but fortunately honeywell has agreed to extend my notice period until 31st May.

Coming to my profile, I have submitted all documents as per their requirements, like on company letter heads, bank certificates, IT returns and so on.
Last update i got was on Jan 9th when i passed the medical and have no updates post that. Still shows we will let you know once we start background checks.

I have 9 days left as per the tracker and less than a month left for my scheduled flying date. Raised a query on webform last week and was informed VO is Ottawa, eligibility is in review and BG not started. Ordered notes on 1st May and awaiting.

I've been lucky so far with flight ticket change and even extending my stay in Honeywell and want to test my luck with the PPR now.

We all have our own stories and I hope the best for everyone. :)
:) Nuts, but I wish you the best of luck.

You must have ice in your veins.

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
Being over-confident and stupid, which I definitely was. Now what's done is done, so can just hope for the best
We've all been there, with the visa or something else in life, so don't give yourself a hard time.

In my case, I quit my job because it was very stressful and I couldn't handle the stress of the job and the anxiety of the visa wait at the same time. I knew quite well that I could be without a job for months, but thought it would be better for my health that way. Now I found a job remotely as a freelancer and I'm still waiting for the visa. :p

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
So, is der any draw tomorrow?
If der is...... We can hope for ppr batch....... Best of luck to all..... Specially Nov 1st week, who are still waiting.....

rickkohli

Jun 20, 2018
I know you are a senior user and you probably know much more than me about this process, but I’m not sure about this fact. After all, they put a time bar in our profiles which go from AOR to 6 months later, after that they show the well-known message of “Your application is taking longer…” thus accepting that they didn’t meet the deadline with your case.

Also, here’s what is stated on the site: “We process most Express Entry applications in 6 months or less, after we get your complete application.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/how-we-assess.html

Perhaps their process has slowed down over time and it’s no longer 80% of people within the stipulated time (maybe that’s why they implemented biometrics after all), but it seems that the goal that they are aiming at is 6 months from AOR, not from R10.
I also think that they are aiming at 6 months from AOR as lot of people are getting PPRs on 178th, 179th or even 180th compared to 181 or 182 days.

But I want to know what there TAT is for the applications beyond 6 months. For e.g. do they need process 50% applications in the next 2 or 3 months after the initial 6 months are over or they can take whatever time they need to process them.

Just a thought..

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Aor 1st nov
Medical expiring on 20th June
And still no update! I don’t think now I am going to get it. ☹
Does anyone have any information on this? What happens when Medicals are about to expire? Will they ask to redo?